Custom Map #662: The Homeworld. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, February 22, 2017, 09:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #662: The Homeworld

Author: Decagon
Size: 500x500

Desc:
With the aid of the valiant Precursor warships, the Crystallids proceed quickly toward a flash point within the titanic Dyson Sphere: the Seloi homeworld. GalCorp has been fighting a war here against the Seloi Automated Defence Fleets, and it falls upon the Crystallids to break the deadlock.

Dark Ambition

I only just now realized after playing all these maps XD

Spoiler

[close]

Are you gonna make Sajuuk too? :3
----------

I squealed after seeing my other ships here too :3

Again, in there somewhat intended purpose XD

Spoiler
They're ships used by the Eclipse Company mercenaries (If anyone remembers Daveth from a couple of my maps, he is the leader of those mercs) And are under GalCorp contract to protect high ranking officers and go on deep sector attacks. If this were in the context of my story (and i'm not seeing anything that would take it out of my story's context, so this could all be happening in the same universe TBH) then it would make a lot of sense to see those ships there :3, though they would also be on the defending Seloi's arsenal as well, since they are Seloi in origin :3
[close]

This map is one of my fav's from yours, I love it :3

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Dark Ambition on February 23, 2017, 12:33:38 AM
I only just now realized after playing all these maps XD

Spoiler

[close]

Are you gonna make Sajuuk too? :3

Hehehe, maybe! :D

Quote from: Dark Ambition on February 23, 2017, 12:33:38 AM
I squealed after seeing my other ships here too :3

Again, in there somewhat intended purpose XD

Spoiler
They're ships used by the Eclipse Company mercenaries (If anyone remembers Daveth from a couple of my maps, he is the leader of those mercs) And are under GalCorp contract to protect high ranking officers and go on deep sector attacks. If this were in the context of my story (and i'm not seeing anything that would take it out of my story's context, so this could all be happening in the same universe TBH) then it would make a lot of sense to see those ships there :3, though they would also be on the defending Seloi's arsenal as well, since they are Seloi in origin :3
[close]

Spoiler
If you think that our two stories could perhaps occur in the same universe, that's great! It opens up various other avenues of interaction between them. Could be interesting!

Well, I kinda gathered that since these ships are presumably crewed, the Seloi Automated Defence Fleet only uses the ships that run on pure AI control (i.e. Drones, Movers, Keepers and Dreadnoughts). I kind of found it fitting that the GalCorp elite forces would use these obviously superior ships instead of their standard vessels against the Seloi defences. It also helps justify the anger the Crystallids feel toward GalCorp, since they remember these ships as allies previously, now usurped and defiled by the humans that now control them.
[close]

Quote from: Dark Ambition on February 23, 2017, 12:33:38 AMThis map is one of my fav's from yours, I love it :3

Thanks! :D
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Dark Ambition

Spoiler
If you think that our two stories could perhaps occur in the same universe, that's great! It opens up various other avenues of interaction between them. Could be interesting!

Well, I kinda gathered that since these ships are presumably crewed, the Seloi Automated Defence Fleet only uses the ships that run on pure AI control (i.e. Drones, Movers, Keepers and Dreadnoughts). I kind of found it fitting that the GalCorp elite forces would use these obviously superior ships instead of their standard vessels against the Seloi defences. It also helps justify the anger the Crystallids feel toward GalCorp, since they remember these ships as allies previously, now usurped and defiled by the humans that now control them.
[close]

I assume we're putting these in spoiler tags for a reason XD

QuoteIf you think that our two stories could perhaps occur in the same universe, that's great! It opens up various other avenues of interaction between them. Could be interesting!

I'd love to see if the stories could be tied in! I don't know how much of my story i'd have to re-write (The reason next map is taking so long is because i'm writing down and finalizing my story. It's at 49 pages at the moment and probably only halfway through. FML.) but as it is still in it's infant and malleable stages, I have no issue with re-writing anything! Though I don't know how they could be... I already have some idea's for simple mentions, maybe Daveth talks a little about a certain raid on a certain planet and their failure to stop a certain Crystalline race as a possible reason that Eclipse aren't in GalCorp's good graces anymore.. I'm trying to find a reason for the Archivist to get pissed, and GalCorp attacking his old allies could do the trick. Should we talk about this stuff over PM? I don't exactly want other people seeing parts of my story out in the open like this XD

QuoteWell, I kinda gathered that since these ships are presumably crewed, the Seloi Automated Defence Fleet only uses the ships that run on pure AI control (i.e. Drones, Movers, Keepers and Dreadnoughts).

True true, I forgot that I intended for these ships to be crewed, and the Seloi have... too many problems, so they can't crew them XD. Besides, the legionary ships and the Homeworld themed ships have too much of a different style to look good on the same side. ^^;

QuoteI kind of found it fitting that the GalCorp elite forces would use these obviously superior ships instead of their standard vessels against the Seloi defences.

Awwee, you called my ships superior than the standard ships, that makes me feel all warm inside :3

QuoteIt also helps justify the anger the Crystallids feel toward GalCorp, since they remember these ships as allies previously, now usurped and defiled by the humans that now control them.

Everyone hates GalCorp XD

A thing to note, as I saw that you had multiple Legate class vessels. I didn't mention in the description, but you can see it through the ships of the named Eclipse mercs that i've uploaded, but the Legate class ships modules are interchangeable, as these ships are designed around the pilot and what the pilot is best at.

Nevermind, I see why these are under spoiler tags, this is pretty big XD
[close]

FOXX

Yeah, great map.
9/10 !!
This time i did it different.

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Bluepikmin64

You know, I've kinda assumed that all the different sets of story based maps occurred in the same universe. After all, redacted Space is huge and it would be possible for all these stories to occur at once
"They named us the Straxoi, the blind. They named themselves the Seloi, the enlightened. . . I leave this message for whoever's next. When the time comes. . ." ~ Unknown source

GoodMorning

As with the CW3 Colonial Space, the Exchange will inevitably contain some incompatible lore. However, we can usually write those off as parallel universes and incorrect information.

I, too, like the idea of an interconnected story. (It's part of the reason that my RS story remains both largely untold.)

When the next update comes out, I hope to see CW3-type custom character images and names. This will make it far easier to make a sensible custom story (instead of having the bot-images tell the entire thing, or having all information third-hand).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Dark Ambition

Quote from: GoodMorning on February 23, 2017, 11:46:05 PM
When the next update comes out, I hope to see CW3-type custom character images and names. This will make it far easier to make a sensible custom story (instead of having the bot-images tell the entire thing, or having all information third-hand).

I agree. Daveth needs his cowboy hat visible.

I don't like using Sim-Bot for the images on everyone, but I also don't like using images that everyone else is using. So I prefer the equivalent of no image.

D0m0nik

Very beautiful map and loads going on, amazing work. There is a fairly direct route though.

Spoiler
Once the Geode is built you can fly it into the top left structure with a load of omnis on its tail. The Geode can take a lot of stick, I also used it to ram my way to the top corner with the support of the Prism.
[close]

Love the ships apart from Starfire, he is constantly chasing the action but never quite catching up!

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 26, 2017, 05:32:05 PM
Very beautiful map and loads going on, amazing work. There is a fairly direct route though.

Spoiler
Once the Geode is built you can fly it into the top left structure with a load of omnis on its tail. The Geode can take a lot of stick, I also used it to ram my way to the top corner with the support of the Prism.
[close]

Love the ships apart from Starfire, he is constantly chasing the action but never quite catching up!

Thanks, glad you like it! The Starfire is canonically a space station, thus having no engines to speak of. And besides, it brings a lot of anti-stunner defense as well as considerable tanking ability and firepower, so I guess it's a fairly even trade off for the cost. :P

Spoiler
And yes, the Geode is immensely powerful. Heck, it is supposed to be part asteroid after all! Using it as a tanky-as-hell front-line lather is exactly the role I wanted it to have, considering the amount of resources it requires. Coupled with a Prism, it becomes very powerful.

Now imagine using it with two Prisms. In a map I will release soonTM.
[close]
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

A very nice map. I appreciate the nonlinearity - although I had won before I noticed the allies arrival. The story you write is very interesting.

On replay, I took an even more direct route than D0m0nik - though there's still some time I could trim. Why wait for a Geode?

tornado

Quote from: Dark Ambition on February 24, 2017, 01:12:31 AM
Quote from: GoodMorning on February 23, 2017, 11:46:05 PM

I agree. Daveth needs his cowboy hat visible.

I don't like using Sim-Bot for the images on everyone, but I also don't like using images that everyone else is using. So I prefer the equivalent of no image.

I just realised something. In on of Planetfalls CW3 maps he has a script that creates an entire custom dialogue box. If Crpl and Prpl are internchangeable enough couldn't it just be ported 1:1?
I'd test that right now, but I have no access to a computer to check.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

GoodMorning

Yes and no. Yes, I think it could be done, but no, I am not sure that it should be done.

erigobel