Custom Map #4257: SAVE THE WORLD!. By: Dp

Started by AutoPost, February 19, 2017, 04:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4257: SAVE THE WORLD!

Author: Dp
Size: 256x165

Desc:
Save the world from rising sea levels, it won’t be easy! There are a few strategies to speed things up but expect a good old slog either way! The emitter in the centre of Russia will start at the same time as the 10 strong spore wave. Map by D0m0nik. Vanilla map, spores, guppies.

FOXX

This is really detailed and positioned.
Looks good !!!
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

D0m0nik

Thanks Foxx. I am afraid more effort has gone into the visuals than the actual gameplay though  :o

I might make another version, perhaps even three with completely different gameplay as it does make very interesting terrain. A PAC would be nice.

FOXX

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 19, 2017, 06:16:09 PM
Thanks Foxx. I am afraid more effort has gone into the visuals than the actual gameplay though  :o

I might make another version, perhaps even three with completely different gameplay as it does make very interesting terrain. A PAC would be nice.

Huh, this is you?
I didn't know this was you CW3 name.
I haven't played this map but i liked the looks of the world. Really nice.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

stdout

That artwork is really flawless, Dominik. I spent 5 minutes just admiring the work. Every country is accurately portrayed and I love the custom images. Really nice work!

Johnny Haywire

Aye m8, you have outdone yourself with this one! It's simply amazing - and that comes from a guy who only goes to an art museum for the food and to run stairs. Your artistry is superb!

As for the game play, I thought it was cool that there is a constant threat from the ocean (i.e., that you can't kill all the emitters). I decided to take this map nice and slow because it's just so cool. I just couldn't bring myself to go straight for the inhibitor as soon as possible. Most excellent job! Feel free to make as many different variations as you want!

Three enthusiastic faces up!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Thanks stdout, it took days!!! The overlay function is not used enough in this game, one of my favourite ever maps was 'Dog' with the savage spore attacks, it looked amazing.

Yeah Foxx, I made my forum log in based on my email address without thinking and then just stuck with it. If I change my map author name people can't look back to search for maps. I like this about CW3 and use the function if I play a map by an author I like.

Cheers Johnny! I think slow and steady is the way forward with this one! As usual I got the difficulty way wrong again though judging by the scores, classic map maker mistake!

For anyone who needs a tip and is finding it a grind:

Spoiler
Bombers are useful early on and quite efficient at keeping creep from the shores.
One bomber, one terp and one guppy are all that is needed to establish a base in Australia.
Build a landing pad at height 4 and then create a moat at level 3 around the CN to keep it safe easily. I found the first PZ was best used for a bertha rather than power.
An alternative tactic - use the Himalayas to take out an early spore or possibly even an emitter!
[close]

willbir

Beautiful looking map, was that all hand drawn ? 

I actually wrote some javascritp/crpl code to convert bitmaps to terrain for projects like this but haven't published a map with it yet.

FOXX

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 20, 2017, 12:43:25 PM
Yeah Foxx, I made my forum log in based on my email address without thinking and then just stuck with it. If I change my map author name people can't look back to search for maps. I like this about CW3 and use the function if I play a map by an author I like.
Aha i see, to bad you can't change it. But now i know.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

D0m0nik