Custom Map #650: map 91 DOG SHOW (HARD). By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, February 16, 2017, 06:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #650: map 91 DOG SHOW (HARD)

Author: yum234
Size: 384x216

Desc:
No my ships. Only from on-line database. Particles as a nice little dogs follow rightful owner (HQ)! :) #GoodLuck #PleaseLoveDogs

Doug

Well... that was tough! lol

Spoiler
Only way I could figure out how to do it was to start building a ship in a corner and then destroy the mine so it stops building. All the particle and some of the ships goes to it and then I can finish. Slowly take out item by item. Not sure how else to do this map
[close]

yum-forum

Quote from: Doug on February 17, 2017, 05:39:06 PM
Well... that was tough! lol

Spoiler
Only way I could figure out how to do it was to start building a ship in a corner and then destroy the mine so it stops building. All the particle and some of the ships goes to it and then I can finish. Slowly take out item by item. Not sure how else to do this map
[close]

Thank You for playing!  :)

Spoiler
Are You used "DOG SHOW" effect and Mine Defense?
You can destroy corner mine at the begining, set on "Mine Defense" (and also "increase Range") and then using "dog show effect" move HQ. Particles will not reach corner mine and You will get additional energy source in the start ...   :)
[close]
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

Screenshots:
last

isoyama

Why your particle count is so low? Mine goes up to 1500

yum-forum

Quote from: isoyama on February 25, 2017, 06:10:48 AM
Why your particle count is so low? Mine goes up to 1500

You are right, but I don't know exactly why.  DOOMO SUMIMASEN.  :-[
Particles not my, but belongs to PF game! Some "little dogs", perhaps, in rest phase...  :) (Joke)
But seriously I think that distance from emitters to land very short and some particles enter into land and new particles not yet created...
last

isoyama

Looks like i've required update. Though i've managed it to beat it even on 1500.  8)

BTW looks like you have a bug. Particles will follow not only your HQ but any ship including placed but not built. You can place ghost of any ship into corner effectively disabling nearest emitter.

yum-forum

Yes. Particle follow not only HQ, but also any ships.
And at the begining You can using HQ lead "little dogs" away from main land
and at that time build infrastructure (mine, omni etc.) and only after that build ships...
last

GoodMorning

Well, as far as I could tell, an initial landgrab was impossible in this series (although knowing the precise order to allow it would explain your times, yum).

Spoiler
My strategy involved getting a mine on the land, taking a back corner Emitter (having three Omnis to work with in order to hold the land by now), and circling with the HQ, attracting what particles I could.

When the cannons activated, I would drop all Omnis next to an unclaimed one. This gradually gathered the remaining pickups, and the HQ became easier to protect.

At this point, the preponderance of HQ-warps began to lose interest, and I started HQ-dropping the followers, some of which could now not respawn. Finally, dodging two MK7s, I removed the Emitter in the other back corner, and had space to build.

After that, there's time and to spare to build the fleet.

"Building" a ship placement ghost in one of the front corners may or may not have attracted a number of particles - but if not, the only ships of real use through the endgames of this series were the StdVarro and the Lather.
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

Liked the map! I think this might have been a bit tougher than the other Dog Show map, but I'm not sure. It seemed too tiresome to try to get the land at first, so I resorted to taking out the corners first.

I'm not sure if the pictures show this, but I found that you can take out the left corner emitters right after hitting the lower right one, which gives you a single direction of attack.

Very creative maps, Yum... this one was challenging but not excruciatingly so. Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?