Custom Map #624: Jericho Station. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, February 09, 2017, 08:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #624: Jericho Station

Author: Decagon
Size: 384x384

Desc:
Following the trail of transmissions from the destroyed GalCorp fleet back to a military hub, the Crystallids are yet again given no quarter by the humans. WARNING: This map contains a ship many times larger than normally allowed. Even though I have not encountered any issues, play at your own risk.

Syth

Always a pleasure to play your maps. I was determined to beat this "hard way" by killing ships without capturing the top part of the map but sadly it didn't work out.

It was a a good challenge. As I don't care about time I'll need to have another attempt to try it that way~

Exodus Legate

Not sure why this has such a low rating, I really enjoyed it.

ChaosMaster130

^Same. Pretty nifty map. I guess some people just can't figure it out or something ???
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

Keeper Decagon

Cheers guys, glad you enjoyed! Seeing the rating, I was worried I had made the map too hard/complex or something. Good to see it was perhaps only a select few that hated it! :P
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

D0m0nik

Yeah also thought this was fantastic, 10/10 from me. A lot of ships often creates a lot of lag but this ran very well for me and was a really interesting battle. I loved the 'special' weapons
Spoiler
The gun on the top left island is amazing and the blue particle explosion top right was a neat idea
[close]

One of my fave maps to date, great work.

Th3ch053n0n3

Ok, I secured the bottom right, but after that, I'm too slow to be able to do anything else before the horde shows up from middle left. Even with my entirety of my fleet built and 100% powered, I lose within 2 minutes of those guys popping up, since they don't stop coming. I used the default command ship as a 20 second nuke to chunk the big station just to the right of their spawn, but I couldn't take it before they showed. HOW does ANYONE beat this?

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on February 12, 2017, 08:29:09 PM
Ok, I secured the bottom right, but after that, I'm too slow to be able to do anything else before the horde shows up from middle left. Even with my entirety of my fleet built and 100% powered, I lose within 2 minutes of those guys popping up, since they don't stop coming. I used the default command ship as a 20 second nuke to chunk the big station just to the right of their spawn, but I couldn't take it before they showed. HOW does ANYONE beat this?

Spoiler
Once you have claimed the bottom right, you should head for the top right corner immediately. You should attempt to exploit the gaps around the sides of the Particle fields to send Omnis in, and follow up with the Prism, the CF-HQ and the Shattered. Meanwhile, keep your other ships in the orbit of the "moon" and use the Diamond to absorb the shots from the ships, maybe even crash a Chip or two into the Varro to keep it at bay.

When the top right emitter/doppel is dead, you should be able to blitz the large particle cannon structure with Omnis whilst using your Prism to absorb the shots from those two defense cannons. Once you have activated the cannon, send your Prism back to help out against the enemy reinforcement. The Prism is more than tough and powerful enough to deal with the enemy fleet and its Varro.

Send all of your Omnis past the north station to occupy the land quickly. Since the platforms lack missiles, it should be easy enough without losing too many Omnis.

Then crawl toward the energy mine on the land, flip and power up the cannon, and you'll win within moments.

Just note, you will not be able to take the planet (easily) without putting that planetary defense cannon into the "Over Mire" state, since it absolutely wrecks EVERYTHING. That's why you need it to kill Jericho Station, since you cannot do it using your fleet. Trust me. I've tried. :P
[close]
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

strigvir

Actually, I skipped the top right part by rushing with 10 omnis to the top left part and managed to park 1 omni around the mine.
The rest is history.

GoodMorning

A very nice map.
Spoiler

I try to avoid using anything irreplaceable unless absolutely necessary, so I shifted the fleet around a few times before activating the cannon. And then I ran an Omni rush attempt straight past a Wolf.
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

Still a bit new to this game, I thought the big explosion of blue particles WAS the "rail gun" so I figured I just missed my opportunity and kept wailing on stuff the slow way. Managed to take out the ship producers on the left, then hammered the left battlestation down... and figured I might as well send omnis to take the top left island.

Oh THAT'S what the rail gun is.

Yeah, dude... sweet map! Great series too... I hope all the rest of the maps I play from here on out won't be a disappointment b/c your maps are very fun & challenging. Thanks for all the work you put into these maps!  ;D ;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?