[Bug, Steam] Crash on loading screen

Started by Black Minou, February 06, 2017, 09:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Minou

Hi there,

I have enjoyed a lot the Creeper world saga, so i want to give a try to Particle Fleet, that i had bought yesterday.

Unfortunately the game crash next to the first loading screen mission (the Entering Redacted Space screen), and give me a crash.dmp

I have made a topic in the steam forum beside.

I'm working in a Multi Monitor system, a 4k G-sync screen and a 1920*1080 in second monitor.

Things that i've done :

Rebooting the computer,
Disabling the Second monitor, still crash,
Tryng all the previous version (except beta),
Removing the Steam Overlay,
Graphic card updated to the last driver.

Any tips ?

My Computer in short :
Windows 10 x64
I7 6700k
GTX980Ti
16Gb RAM

knucracker

I replied on the steam thread, but now that I see that you are here I'll just follow up here.
Looks like you have tried all of the normal fixes...

In your output log the crash trace shows this as the last thing before the crash:
0x0D007E81 (nvapi) nvapi_QueryInterface
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Tentative d'accès à une adresse non valide.' (Address: 015B0C8D)

I'd run dxdiag.exe (DirectX Diagnostic) on your system and make sure it completes and doesn't indicate any errors.  A quick google for "nvapi_QueryInterface crash" seems to point to people tending to uninstall and reinstalling their nvidia drivers.  You said you updated to the latest driver, though...

Black Minou

Here i have zip the crash.dmp, because i can't upload the file directly

Black Minou

I'll give it a try by reinstalling completly the drivers

Black Minou

So i have :

Uninstalled the drivers,
Reboot,
Tryed to launch the game with the stock driver (376.19), with the usually failure,
Install the latest driver from Nvidia (378.49),
Reboot 2 times,
Retryed to lauch the game, with usual failure again.

The stack trace is a little bit different this time :

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Le module spécifié est introuvable.' (Address: 12907E80)
  ERROR: SymGetModuleInfo64, GetLastError: 'Une routine d'initialisation d'une bibliothèque de liens dynamiques (DLL) a échoué.' (Address: 12907E80)
0x12907E80 ((<unknown>))
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Tentative d'accès à une adresse non valide.' (Address: 018F0C8D)
0x018F0C8D (ParticleFleet)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Tentative d'accès à une adresse non valide.' (Address: 0191BAFF)
0x0191BAFF (ParticleFleet)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Tentative d'accès à une adresse non valide.' (Address: 0191EDAE)
0x0191EDAE (ParticleFleet)
  ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Tentative d'accès à une adresse non valide.' (Address: 0155AB4D)
0x0155AB4D (ParticleFleet)
0x753E62C4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x77E60FD9 (ntdll) RtlSubscribeWnfStateChangeNotification

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

but i think it's the same error again, and this stack trace is the same as the crash log registered by the stock driver (376.19)

In many other game i havnt any problems :/

Black Minou

So ! i have solved the issue, thanks to the new stack trace and some search with the help of https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=21226 :

What a wierd bug, it's caused by a MSI Afterburner Service - RivatunerStatisticServer.

I'm running MSI Afterburner for some reasons, and the RivaTunerStatistic server is down for a while and nether update, meantime it running a RTSS.exe with Afterburner.

i had to rename the .exe to stop completly the running of this damn RTSS application and TADAM, it works !

So, RTSS.exe was the issue, i dont know why, but i'm glad it was that, in this way i can still use Afterburner.

Thanks for the helps