Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4191: no emitters pac

Author: builder17
Size: 60x60

Desc:
#PAC #Void digitalis strategy #CRPL

Builder17

This scripts toggles digitalis state on/off every minute.

Spoiler
To win, create digitalis to void. Then when there is lot creeper in it remove it and quickly put it back. Amount of digitalis in void should grow every time when you remove and put back it.
[close]

Stickman

That was interesting. I liked this way of bending PAC rules. It even might be it's own sub-mode, where emitters are split into two units - one that produces creeper and one that keeps digitalis alive. Might be finicky to play, though.

What was the decision behind turning digitalis off every minute? I think it only added padding and downtime to the map, but I'm not that good of player to understand everything and see broader picture.
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

Builder17

Thanks. I tried to make it more challenging by having it toggle digi off every minute, but minute is maybe too long downtime.  :-[

You can still use spores when digi is off.  (And it maybe helps player to notice how to win?)

Also, this was just first version of this digi seeder script. More is coming... :D

Stickman

Quote from: Builder17 on January 22, 2017, 04:13:21 PM
Thanks. I tried to make it more challenging by having it toggle digi off every minute, but minute is maybe too long downtime.  :-[

You can still use spores when digi is off.  (And it maybe helps player to notice how to win?)
Well, I found that beam defense in pretty tight, so spores are not that useful. I tried a lot to get trough the map on spores alone (that's why my completion time is over half an hour), manged to break through with tight clusters of spores in some points, but growing digitalis through void is far more efficient. By the time I sync enough spores, digitalis would be regrown, allowing me to keep progressing without spores.

The way digitalis dies - slowly eroding from edges - helps to "suck" free creeper back into digitalis network, keeping it from spreading. I guess if you actively destroyed (although wiki claims it can be ustable) digitalis before going on cooldown, that would cause larger outbursts of creeper into the void, helping to spread to nearby land.
=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

GoodMorning

The wiki notes a quirk, where 0 is to set not to regroup, and -1 is to kill it as if by weaponry.

Edit: This is reliable, however, and is intended functionality.

To spread Creeper through the Void, get some Digi on the void. Pile it high with Creeper. Then pause, select the Digi tool, press "T" to enter erase mode. Erase your Void-Digi. Without unpausing, press "T" again to return to creation mode. Recreate the Digi (the image will not update until the game clock advances). When the now-white Digi spills Creeper onto more Void, create Digi there as well. This can be repeated to cover more ground.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

Builder, you're always coming up with SOMETHING new! I think this is a pretty cool idea, and the map was pretty enjoyable.

If any of the newer players are having difficulty expanding digitalis into space - once you have even just the tiniest bit of digi where there is no land, wait for it to fill with creeper, then switch your digi mode to "erase". VERY quickly, erase the digi then press "t" to toggle back to "build" mode for digi, and rebuild it. Each toggle (erase then build) should take less than half a second.

I look forward to seeing some more variations on this theme! Thanks for the map, and for always keeping it interesting!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

hbarudi

beams destroy every phantom I send, cannot get the other half of the map.

RrR

Quote from: hbarudi on July 24, 2017, 06:53:41 AM
beams destroy every phantom I send, cannot get the other half of the map.
Fire into the void and push. Create and destroy digitalis to advance the front.