Custom Map #565: Super vs Super. By: Musku Enterprises Ltd.

Started by AutoPost, January 20, 2017, 08:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #565: Super vs Super

Author: Musku Enterprises Ltd.
Size: 500x500

Desc:
Alright Red, I'll pit my superships against yours...

mike25

I spent the time trying to remember my password and signed in just because I am grateful that I got to play this map and was surprised by the poor rating. The map rating was at 4, I gave it a 10 bumping it to 5.5 . Map has a really cool idea of each "side" having a supership.  I've played about 20% of the exchange maps, and this one stood out .Great map !

smackmud

@mike25 Thanks! It's my first map, so I'm not surprised it scored low ;)  But I'm glad someone enjoyed it!

Dark Ambition

Imma just ramble a bit. I'm in the mood to incoherently ramble.
--------------------
 It's gr8, m8, I r8 8
49:55:8

I could have gone so much faster than that, but that large ship was so much fun to play with.

One thing of note: You can just rift the HQ at the top and destroy the ship spawner before it's even finished. Funny thing, the ship didn't even have a gun on it and it decided the best way to handle the situation was to dive straight into my HQ and I was like "That was cute."

Then I got my large ship.

"Ana: You doing ok, Ogun?"
"Ogun: *sniffles* I... I'm fine... it's just... so beautiful..."

Putting an amp gem on mine energy completely negated any energy problems. I was able to build the whole fleet with the bottom four mines.

The land could have been smoother, but i'm pretty sure i'm the only person who cares about that.

I didn't actually need any other ships when I built the mega ship. I just took my mega, my lathes, and my energy tankers and sweeped across the map maniacally laughing at the poor fate of these foolish emitters.

For the gameplay that I think was intended, I think a 500 x 500 map is a bit much.

As for the megas themselves, I think they could have used a bit more in the looks department. I mean, they were pretty sexy as is, but that's just because they're just so big and powerful, those wimpy emitters couldn't handle its size. (Innuendos ftw )
[close]
--------------------

For a first map, this is pretty good! You gonna make another?

smackmud

@Dark Ambition

Thanks for the criticism!   Didn't even think about spawning my HQ up there to begin with....going to have to figure out how I can prevent that.

Aesthetics definitely took a backseat during the ship design lol.  The red supership was actually the first ship I designed in the ship builder, and the design process went a little something like "Let's make a ship as big as possible and cram as much stuff on it as I can.  And let's make it self sufficient enough to take on any map on it's own once it's finished".  My first version was literally a rectangle.  I had to put the notch in the front so I could orient it properly when moving around (it was hard to tell on the green blob where the front was).

My design philosophy for the second ship was literally "Lets make a ship that can take out the first ship, but let's not put any lathes on it because ultimately that was boring.  And let's make it a bit more shapely because reasons".

And then I made this map so I could literally make the two ships fight.