Custom Map #534: Gateway to Oblivion. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, January 12, 2017, 09:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #534: Gateway to Oblivion

Author: Decagon
Size: 144x256

Desc:
Arriving at the fourth and final installation marked in the Ticon archives, the combined HDF and Hydraxian fleets drop out of hyperspace in the worst place imaginable. WARNING: This map contains a ship larger than normally allowed. Though I have not encountered any issues, play at your own risk.

Oblivion

~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

Exodus Legate

To be honest, I think this is one of your weaker maps. Playing "properly", I never really felt threatened, and it was just a matter of waiting for my mk7's to build. Also, the delay at the start is far too lenient- those <2 minute times are legit.

Nice idea, though, I hasten to add.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Oblivion on January 13, 2017, 06:13:35 PM
Gateway to me? <3 <3 jk. :p

:D

Quote from: Exodus Legate on January 14, 2017, 12:37:08 PM
To be honest, I think this is one of your weaker maps. Playing "properly", I never really felt threatened, and it was just a matter of waiting for my mk7's to build. Also, the delay at the start is far too lenient- those <2 minute times are legit.

Nice idea, though, I hasten to add.

The delay is a result of the slow speed of the Scaffold: I was worried that if its engines were busted, the particles could have taken it out. Maybe not though, I dunno.

Perhaps I was being a bit too cautious about the difficulty of the map, since I didn't want it to become tedious and/or too difficult (since people tend to rate difficult maps poorly, it seems). I guess this one is more of a story point than a challenge map.

My next one will definitely pick up the pace again, though. :)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE