Started by AutoPost, January 12, 2017, 06:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4175: NQtE.3

Author: PastorHealer
Size: 191x91

Desc:

Karsten75

I'm thinking that PastorHealer determines the name for his maps by putting his cat on the keyboard... :)

pastor.healer

No cats in this house...

Ok... for the record.  I spend great amounts of time in making sure the maps are in the correct naming convention.
First I go and see how many gallons of milk I have in the fridge.  Then I use the North Star Algorithm and add the
number of eggs into the Z constant.  You get the idea...

Did I notice you haven't finished the map my friend Karsten75?   Kind of commenting early aren't we :)

Johnny Haywire

Wow. A PastorHealer map that I finished on the first try!

I saw Dom's time and figured there must be a shortcut... I think I kinda found it but since I never save, I messed up a couple of times, lost a terp, siphon, lots of collectors... almost lost my base, yanno stuff like that.

I myself use the North Star algorithm whenever I'm deciding between French Onion or Ranch dip for my potato chips. Sometimes I get some strange variables mixed up in there and when I'm done I end up with a tuna fish peanut butter sandwich. And that doesn't taste good with my potato chips.

Thanks for yet another strange-yet-fun-in-a-very-challenging-sort-of-way map!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

D0m0nik

Nicely done Johnny

Yeah not much of a shortcut really but I guess you:

Spoiler
sent the terps over to make a landing pad for a CN to the left of the big emitter then blasted the area with 4 berthas with a second delay between them
[close]

The only way to speed a PH map is to keep saving early on and reload every time a bug pops, it can cause gray hairs and can result in a dramatic rate increase in potato chip intake! This is dangerous.

Johnny Haywire

I did the first part of your solution, but I decided to...

Spoiler
send bombers instead to lay a carpet of AC down. I found a nice place for the blaster to shoot at only creeper to drain the area low enough to make relays on the high points.
[close]

I'm just not used to saving a game, so I often forget to do that. This map might be worth another run though  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

pastor.healer

Thanks Johnny!  Appreciate your comments...   :)