Custom Map #4173: whole map flip2. By: willbir

Started by AutoPost, January 12, 2017, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4173: whole map flip2

Author: willbir
Size: 256x144

Desc:
Another whole map flip-emitter (flip-terrain), much more manageable than the last one.

Karsten75

Looking at the rating for your two maps, I  felt compelled to rate them, even though I usually don't rate amps and especially not maps I can't complete. You don't deserve such a poor rating for the novel idea you bring to the game.

I must say, even though I was able to complete the 2nd map, I felt as if the balance was "off" in player's favor compared to your first map. This map was much easier and with aggression can be completed much quicker than I did.

D0m0nik

Agreed on the balance, 3 mortors in each corner of your base are enough to push the creeper back. I took the entire left side before going for the inhibitor, a direct attack could easily get you under the 10 min mark, if not closer to 8.

The flip effect must be such a difficult thing to balance however I found this map very enjoyable to play even though it was quite easy. Perhaps another one inbetween the two?

Johnny Haywire

I thoroughly enjoyed taking my good ol' time with this map. I decided I didn't want the spores to land in my corner of the map, so I told them to stop and they did. That made things quite a bit easier I think. If you don't have to fight enemies from behind, you're better off imo.

I agree that this seemed too easy, but I barely understand what I'm doing since I usually just click on random things while eating. I think the spore threat from the first one was a definite plus. But after finishing that monster, this one was just more like sit back and have fun while things do stuff.

Really great concept, imo. Kinda like chocolate and peanut butter, yanno.  ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

willbir

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 13, 2017, 11:55:44 AM
Perhaps another one inbetween the two?

I'm up for one more, I tried to make roughly in-between the two. It gets deep quite quick but if you can get off to a good start you can blast through it reasonably quickly.
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23286