Custom Map #4170: flipping ridiculous. By: willbir

Started by AutoPost, January 10, 2017, 10:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Wow, thanks, maybe I'll give it another bash...

With my "trademark" strict layout... :)

Johnny Haywire

Karsten's info is what really helped me - I didn't check the forums before trying for a last time so I didn't see Willbur's post. I didn't think to use all 4 berthas like Dom did before taking my 2nd pz, and I went to the left rather than up. Took the left PZ in under 6 minutes, which I thought was pretty decent... but Dom and Willbur's times are crazy fast. They're the Leet Haxzors, lol.

Just for fun, I used all the Mass Driver AOO's in the upper right corner, then timed bombers & berthas to set up an AC pool so I could take out the 25-spore tower. Not that it helped much but it was fun to try it.  ;D

All in all, once I realized it was the actual terrain that functioned as emitters I found this pretty enjoyable! Thanks for the map and the concept!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Karsten75

So, right, I finally did it. In a terrible time of 1:07. :( Not sure why it was so slow, but after taking the left and center emitters, it just turned into a terrible slog. I literally had to fight cell by cell to advance on the Inhibitor.

The most annoying part of this was that after about 1 hour play time, the script caused creeper inversion of AC into Creeper - this caused destruction of many of my reactors and supply lines. It may be advisable for the script to not add more AC or C if the density is at 2000.

Karsten75

This is bizarre. Usually I can beat a map quite comfortably once I've beaten it once. This map? I beat it, then beat it again to improve my score. Today I've twice tried and both time failed miserably. Can't figure it out.

Johnny Haywire

Sometimes it depends what you've eaten that day. I recommend a hearty dose of junk food to get the brain really crankin'. Potato chips + some peanut/chocolate candy (M&M's, Reese's, etc.) can do wonders for helping ya to relax and unlock your inner pwnage.  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?