[Bug] Immovable ship plan

Started by GoodMorning, January 07, 2017, 11:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

In the mission editor, if you select the CHQ, then hit "ADD SHIPS", and press "ADD SHIP TO INVENTORY", then you get a CHQ plan which is not deletable (no "X" button) and insta-builds with the same effects and event tags as the CHQ. Ship plan has name "CORPORATE". Slot is changeable, and the ship made is distinct from the CHQ.

Also, destroying the (normal) CHQ and rebuilding causes the UID allocator to jump 26 UIDs, presumably using 25 for the effects and one for the new CHQ unit.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Can I just say, real quick, that I saw this topic and had a little play around in the editor, and you can actually edit the official HQ when selecting it and going into the "Add Ships" tab, making changes to the blueprint, and then pressing "Apply". The changed HQ is still allowed to warp in and everything, whilst just using the normal HQ tab instead of another ship slot.

Just made me excited enough to mention it.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of my efforts. The smaller HQ's aren't that important, but if you'll note the big HQ button...

The Evidence
[close]
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

bluebolt

Have you tested weather the 'new' CHQ will stay? I just made some tests by editing, applying and saving it... then i exited the editor, joined another map, and came back... but the CHQ had reverted.
Even YOU may survive an apocalypse! Fight back against the creeper today!

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: bluebolt on January 09, 2017, 01:24:41 PM
Have you tested weather the 'new' CHQ will stay? I just made some tests by editing, applying and saving it... then i exited the editor, joined another map, and came back... but the CHQ had reverted.

Hmm, it seems that the HQ in the official tab will revert back to the original upon load, whilst HQ's added into the ship tabs will stay edited (and still allow warp-in as their edited form).
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE