[Bug] ScreenMode issues

Started by GoodMorning, January 07, 2017, 10:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Thanks for giving us text alignment, it's the last of the functions I need for the UID listing script.

However, I was planning to stick it to the screen, next to the ships panel. No luck, the text vanishes as soon as the Core enters ScreenMode. I don't know if this is the alignment, the size, or some other feature, but it will make custom UI difficult.

Also, the moment I disable ScreenMode, the Core vanishes, and not even coordinate setting can help me find it again. I've taken to just blowing it up by script.

On a related note, there do not exist GetZoomLevel (text scaling) or GetCameraPosition (sizing, Core movement) which might help as workarounds (as in CW3).

Not major, just relevant to custom UI.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

Give me an example of some code to reproduce the problem (as simple as possible).

GoodMorning

From memory, uncommenting the last two lines as convenient. I'm not sure that the Core still exists as at the last line (used after disabling ScreenMode to be sure that the now-lost Core is actually gone).

20 SetTextSize
"Text" SetText

#May be necessary
"TopLeft" SetTextAlignment
0 SetTextPivotX
0 SetTextPivotY

#1 SetScreenMode
#0.5 0.5 SetScreenCoords

#Self 0 Destroy

GoodMorning

Here's one dedicated to vanishing after ScreenMode removal. I can't find any further evidence that text vanishes after ScreenMode entry, sorry about that.

knucracker

Looks like the z coordinate of the core wasn't being reset when exiting screen mode. I've just made this fix. It, and any other last minute changes will go in what should be the final 1.1 beta build in the next couple of days.