AutoPost · 2434

AutoPost

• Global Moderator
on: January 07, 2017, 11:42:09 am
This topic is for discussion of map #523: Redacted Space

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 500x160

Desc:
This space is beautiful, look at the sky box, beautiful! Enough enjoyment of the scenery, we have a problem. Why are there boxes? What do they do?

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
  • CW4! CW4! CW4! CW4! CW4!
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 11:42:46 am
Don't worry, this one is easy... I think.

... ok ... ok... spoilers

What to do:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:55:14 am by Sorrontis »

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 12:18:18 pm
For those interested in how I make things move, and cause emitters to change particle types:

(click to show/hide)

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Stickman

• Community Guild
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 04:52:18 pm
My emotions across multiple playthroughs:
(click to show/hide)

Serious question:
(click to show/hide)

=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 04:56:14 pm
My emotions across multiple playthroughs:
(click to show/hide)
I was thinking like the running orc in Lord of the Rings at Helms Deep.

Oblivion

• Still a newbie
Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 06:08:32 pm
Just curious, have you hidden something in the corner of the initial area we start in or are those just the PRPL cores you've placed?

~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 07:59:28 pm
Just curious, have you hidden something in the corner of the initial area we start in or are those just the PRPL cores you've placed?

Should be three PRPL cores... they should be invisible and take no space.

JoaoPistori

• Community Guild
Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 02:26:08 pm
Not hard and I really enjoyed playing it.
As you can't do well at your 1st, 2nd or even 3rd attempt without reading at least one spoiler, it would be nice if your next maps with traps had some small initial "hint-dialog" telling the player to move cautiously or a PRPL core with an image showing that there's something wrong (the possible trap) over there. This could give an alert to the player, so he/she can quick-save before getting close to it.
The surprises are very amazing and they really make the map differentiated, giving a completely creative and new gameplay.

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 02:42:28 pm
Not hard and I really enjoyed playing it.
As you can't do well at your 1st, 2nd or even 3rd attempt without reading at least one spoiler, it would be nice if your next maps with traps had some small initial "hint-dialog" telling the player to move cautiously or a PRPL core with an image showing that there's something wrong (the possible trap) over there. This could give an alert to the player, so he/she can quick-save before getting close to it.
The surprises are very amazing and they really make the map differentiated, giving a completely creative and new gameplay.

Ah yes. I did forget that there's a lot of new players that didn't play the Sorrontis maps in CW3. I apologize. The surprise maps were my signature, which I usually just add the #PRPL #Sorrontis tags; I forgot to do it. Trap maps will be more common coming from me now that I've got a good grasp on PRPL.

Oblivion

• Still a newbie
Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 04:50:56 pm
I activate my trap card!

~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

Doug

Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 04:30:56 pm
Quite the map with a lot of surprises. Well done sir.

Only think I disliked was it felt like alot of my attacks were left up to chance. Always came down to the last second if I could kill the emitters in the boxes and the one in the lower right corner buy the particle ship. That one took me forever.

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 04:36:06 pm
I see. If you wanted to have assured success vs the box emitters, the two Boat 1.0 were required, and for extra assurances, have 1 or 2 omnis on stand-by would help kill the emitter under 20s (the emitters jump every 20 seconds)

svartmes

Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 05:56:10 pm
Interesting and fun map!
(click to show/hide)

If you are gonna do more of these trap/puzzle types I definitely think you should hold off with posting spoilers until people can give it a try. Sure it's optional to read hints but, If anyone solves it "blind" it gives them bragging rights and if not it promotes some collective detective work here on the forums. Atleast give it a day I'd say. :)

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 06:45:53 pm
I learned early on that these kinds of maps without hints in the forums get me in trouble. :P

Doug

Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 10:33:18 am
I hadnt tried omnis on the boxes. Probably would have helped lol. The lower left with the particulate ship gave me the most problems. Either way the longer it takes me the more rewarding the win ;)