[suggestion]More Colors

Started by ColonelSandersLite, January 03, 2017, 06:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColonelSandersLite

We have red particulate.  We have blue particulate.  Why not complete the trifecta and add green particulate?  Perhaps even the ability to set colors to a variety of other colors?

Sorrontis

Green - neutral - particulates. They only interact with red and blue particulate, do no damage to ships - pass right through land.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

yum-forum

Wonderful approach - like many arbiters in soccer...  :)

But seriously, neutral green particles that are equal attack red as well as blue particles - very interesting!  ;)
Interesting not color (green - nice!) but function! With 3 types of particles will be possible, perhaps, to create more wonderful maps....
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Nicant

I wonder if thats possible using gamegibu's old crpl script. You would of course have to replace alot of commands, but it could work.
Edit: Im gonna look into this more, it might be possible to do this with PRPL with some dark magic!
CW4 hype!!

GoodMorning

It would have to be used sparingly if V doesn't integrate it. Lag is non-optional, and ordinary particles can be far more efficient than scripting. Also, it's the same thing as CW3 having a third side, or AC Digi. Finally, V has particles which can do Boolean comparison for destroy/not. A third side requires refactoring for anything which uses particles.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

To be honest, whilst a third particle 'faction' would be cool, I'd be interested to see if changing existing particle colours would be a thing. I even had an idea for something that would utilise this, but it never came to fruition because of this (current) limitation.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE