Bug on Prospector Zone

Started by ProfMoe, December 30, 2016, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfMoe

Hello,

I have a problem with the sector map of prospector zone.
Although I finished at least one level on every sector, I can't navigate on the map. The color of the sector dots are messed up, too (see screenshot).
The only option I have is to play a level on my current sector (S100_198) by clicking on "Close map", which returns me to the mentioned sector.

Can anybody help?
THX!

Relli

You're better off waiting for an expert, but since I'm first here... It looks to me like your shield keys file got messed up. It remember that you've beaten the levels, but doesn't remember that you've unlocked the worlds. You might try some kind of rollback to restore it to working order, but beyond saying those words, I don't know what that entails.

ProfMoe

Thanks for your answer, Relli.

Unfortunately I don't have backup files so I am not able to do a rollback.

Is there an other way to restore the broken file? Can anybody who has also unlocked every sector send me his file? Would that work?

ProfMoe

Another observation I made:
After entering a sector and leaving it to the sector map the color of the sectors change (see screenshot). It's still not completely right I think. Also I am still not able to navigate to any other sector.

When I leave and reenter prospector zone, all sector icons are red again.

knucracker

This is the directory that stores information about the prospector zone:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\creeperworld3\data\sectors\internal\100

If you rename that directory, the prospector zone should reset to the default values.

Relli

Quote from: virgilw on January 02, 2017, 07:29:48 PM
If you rename that directory, the prospector zone should reset to the default values.
Which I imagine includes having completed none of the levels. Don't want that to come as a surprise after you mess with the file.

ProfMoe

Thanks for your replies.

If I remove the 100-folder it will reset the prospector zone data to default values. But that does not really help me, right? I don't want to start all over again but continue from my latest progress.
I mean, the data seems to be there. There must be a solution :)

knucracker

One or more of the files is corrupt. The only way to get back the info will be from a backup, if you have one.  If you don't have any system backups, etc, then there won't be a way to get the lost data back.  If you were playing on the steam version then the steam cloud might have a backup.  But chances are that has been overwritten at this point.  If windows was configured to do any backups, it might have a backup of your documents directory which would have the data you want.  Similar for any other cloud services you might use.

Under the c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\creeperworld3\data\sectors\internal\100 directory are subdirectories for each system. They will contain any save games you might have made along the way. They will still be there (assuming they aren't corrupt) if you revisit any of the sectors.