Custom Map #481: The Merciless Sector. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, December 26, 2016, 05:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #481: The Merciless Sector

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 180x180

Desc:
The SSDI is interested in understanding corporate response times to the particulate threat. Good luck.

Sorrontis

Hint. Top Right corner is tough, very tough. Remember, not all upgrades are useful, and you'll have to cycle your amp gems for specific situations.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Oblivion

Definitely enough for me, only wish I realized all I had to do was burn through it all. :p
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

GoodMorning

No. I still left it on 4x for most of the game, and don't really feel like going back to apply what I now know to be a workable strategy.

That said, a good map to teach tactics, if not strategy. It felt a little one-dimnesional (fairly literally) until the Omnis got some use.

I'm half-waiting for you to force us to cut opposing power supplies in order to advance. Probably at the same time that we have power beyond spending, so the thought doesn't occur instantly...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

That would be interesting. I've already have a map in mind :)

D0m0nik

Wow, that was a tough little battle made harder by the fact that I missed until about the 30th minute:

Spoiler
You can destroy your HQ and land in the bottom right corner! Attacking the top right is much easier from 2 directions!
[close]

Sorrontis

JoaoPistori

Very nice and tactical for a small map (and your other small maps too). You need to think a strategy for winning, but it's easy for "not losing" after the beginning (however I think this is a natural thing of PF).

Ships with energy tanks + enemy particle lifetime allowed for the thing that D0m0nik said in his spoiler. I figured it out after 30min battle at x4 thinking that the ships were enough to push the particles, ensuring enough space for my lathes :P

The only upgrades I needed were
Spoiler
energy range, energy mine x2 and def. structures (so, energy mine's lathes blocked enemy mines from growing up)
[close]
, and then omni upgrade at the ending.

yum-forum

Very hard map with only one LATHE. Right/up burst emitter very strong but no problem with it.
For me more big headache was Fake Mire Spawners (possible kill only by mire of land). Without explanation looks unfair...  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Sorrontis

I'm sorry yum, not sure what you mean. There is no PRPL here. Standard Mire Spawners and unlatheable mire spawners.

yum-forum

Quote from: Sorrontis on December 29, 2016, 02:52:57 PM
I'm sorry yum, not sure what you mean. There is no PRPL here. Standard Mire Spawners and unlatheable mire spawners.

"unlatheable mire spawners" - possible setting in editor?

Edit: WOW! I checked in editor. First time I faced in Your game with unlatheable mire spawners...  Sorry, please! :-[ :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

JoaoPistori

Quote from: yum-forum on December 29, 2016, 04:00:17 PM

Ship spawners, Mire spawners, Emitters, Doppel spawners, they all have an option "Lathe targets", you just need to uncheck it. At the same time the "yellow shield" will surround it. But they can still take blue mire damage.
So, non-Latche targets that aren't on land cannot be destroyed, except by totems or PRPL.

Edit: Didn't see your edit telling that you already checked it, because I was typing my reply :P

Sorrontis

Quote from: JoaoPistori on December 29, 2016, 04:19:34 PM

Ship spawners, Mire spawners, Emitters, Doppel spawners, they all have an option "Lathe targets", you just need to uncheck it. At the same time the "yellow shield" will surround it. But they can still take blue mire damage.
So, non-Latche targets that aren't on land cannot be destroyed, except by totems or PRPL.

Edit: Didn't see your edit telling that you already checked it, because I was typing my reply :P

yep... or by the big round thingy (progenitor).

Quote from: yum-forum on December 29, 2016, 04:00:17 PM
Spoiler
Quote from: Sorrontis on December 29, 2016, 02:52:57 PM
[close]

Edit: WOW! I checked in editor. First time I faced in Your game with unlatheable mire spawners...  Sorry, please! :-[ :)

No apologies require yum.

GoodMorning

Don't forget that only some structures are mire-damaged, so test that before you make them unlatheable.

I didn't bother destroying the HQ, I just threw enough firepower at the Struc to fly it through.

Sorrontis, thoughts:
Keystones, or possibly shielders. Non-latheable unit becomes latheable (or perhaps just vanishes) after something else falls.
LoTEs: Weak Emitter, easily killed, spawns strong Emitter. Has to be dealt with eventually...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.