Custom Map #467: So you like little ships. By: Sorrontis

AutoPost · 1622

AutoPost

• Global Moderator
This topic is for discussion of map #467: So you like little ships

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 144x360

Desc:
Another SSDI sector. Nothing to see here. Let's move on.

jswgames

Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 08:06:35 pm
new to forums so sorry if I goo something up, but how is one supposed to defend against your spear ships in this level  ive tried everything but they attack before I can build much of anything and are basically unstoppable..  so frustrated... any hints would be appreciated.  what am I stupidly overlooking?

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
  • CW4! CW4! CW4! CW4! CW4!
Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 08:20:29 pm
Welcome to the forums. This is the place to ask!

You have to have the center and top right controlled before the spear ships attack :) Focus on that first

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

jswgames

Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:11:20 pm
Ok. Ill try that. ive been focusing on top left and getting trounced.

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 09:14:34 pm
You're going to have to be very quick. Also, omni rushes are important (that's a hint). You'll need to get that central emitter - it hides an amp gem - a very important amp gem.

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

awelord

Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 08:26:47 am
Leave a bait ship for spears. Take one of the powerzones on the left and start building a big ship after few power added at the beginning destroy the power zone that leaves a dead ship but not builted. spears attack that ship but cannot destroy also. then u can keep going without spear attack. But i can't finish the game also :)

ColonelSandersLite

Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 08:40:06 am
It's not the size of the ship that counts, it's how you use it :P.

General thoughts:
Good map overall.  The opening is very tight and challenging.  Probably too much so for non-veterans.  I like the ship designs, but despite my best efforts, I just couldn't really find a use for the decoys.  There are some pacing issues here as you have to wait on certain things to happen during the mission and then capitalize on the openings those things provide.

My Rating:
10/10

My times:
46:01
29:25

Difficulty:
Very hard.

Sorrontis

• Community Guild
Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 08:45:19 am
As always, thanks for the review!

GoodMorning

• Community Guild
  • (Pusillanimous)
Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 01:11:44 am
I disagree with the above. Patience and care, but not difficulty, save in the beginning. Oh, and annoyance about the rams.

I found a very good use for the Decoy.

(click to show/hide)

Thanks, Sorrontis.

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

• Community Guild
Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 01:05:38 am
Wow, I feel good after beating this map! I actually won twice, except that the first time I rock burned all around the protected enemy mire structures, which protected me from them but... oh no, do I really need to kill them with mire? Did I save the game? Oh great, yeah I saved it... right before my main assault.

I hate losing ships so I just sent about a bajillion waves of 19 omnis at it. Eventually worked my way through.

I've now played 80 maps! Does this mean I'm a veteran?  :o  Seriously though, this map is brutal and I can see how a lot of people would rage quit rather than trying to figure out a solution.

Great job making a map that's challenging and for (literally, in this case) throwing something new at us!

My rating: R - Under 17 not permitted without a guardian.

My times: I'm eating Cheetos, so good times for sure!

Difficulty: Cooked all the way through, with no pink in the center. Extra crispy!  ;D ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

CyberDyneSystems

Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 02:58:50 pm
Wow, loved this one! What an insidious little map! :)