The Great Particulate War (Writing thread)

Started by Bluepikmin64, December 11, 2016, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluepikmin64

I have begun writing a codex of lore for the different corporations that exist in the ship building community. It's basically a collection of everyone's posts, but combined into a third person narrative, each chapter focusing on a different builder's story. I don't know if this is a terrible idea or not, I guess we'll see. :)

I changed the name of the thread. This thread is now for writing the lore. Basically, I'll post what I've written and everyone will be able to edit and suggest ideas for each section. And once we've reached a consensus on the section, it will get posted in a second thread for completed chapters. That way, if someone wants to read the lore, they won't have to sift through everything else.
"They named us the Straxoi, the blind. They named themselves the Seloi, the enlightened. . . I leave this message for whoever's next. When the time comes. . ." ~ Unknown source

Dark Ambition

Ooooooooooo.

I like this idea! If you need more information about Galactic Technology and Frontline Corporation, then go ahead and PM me!

Equinox

Sounds ambitious, but awesome! If you need any help with the Nomads, just let me know. I found this game just in time it seems.

Bluepikmin64

I'm surprised to get positive feedback already. I'm still planning out what I wanna write, but I'll be sure to ask for help for each corporation I write about. I'm planning to start with GalCorp, the Union, the Ticon Expedition (Story Mode) and (if any) the expeditions into Redacted Space pre-Ticon. I wrote down some interviews from people remembering the start of the Union, so I'll post those now.

"Perhaps it's just my age getting to me, but it feels like just yesterday GalCorp grew wary of The Anti-Particulate Union. They told us to keep tabs on those who joined the Union. I felt it wrong to spy, but what was I to do. If I refused, they'd believe I was a Union supporter, that I was denouncing GalCorp. I couldn't do that, I had a family to feed."

"I still remember the day Dagr Ticon announced he was heading for Redacted Space. You'll never see supporters denounce someone that fast. Most of his workforce liquidated themselves in that instant. It was just him, his board, and maybe fifty employees manning that ship. And then weeks later, the transmission came through from Hale Corporation. Ticon's discovery I mean. I think that's when taking action against the Particulate started being less taboo."

"I don't remember who officially started the Union, but I remember one thing. It was a name. Zoura3025. I don't know what the numbers at the end meant. I think they were some kind of GalCorp identification tag, but I'm not sure."
"They named us the Straxoi, the blind. They named themselves the Seloi, the enlightened. . . I leave this message for whoever's next. When the time comes. . ." ~ Unknown source

Sorrontis

Interesting  ;)

EDIT: Let me know what you need from the SSDI and SSDI:ADD
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

You say "if any". Recall that Ticon mentions early in the campaign that exactly one signal has ever come back out of Redacted Space.

Good thought overall. Who knows, we may end up making something useful to V for the future (although he retains the power of Veto).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Great idea.
If you want to incorporate my fleet and need support you have it  :D
Good luck !!!
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Keeper Decagon

I think something like this would be really cool. If you need any help on my corporation's lore or the "story" that I have going currently (because I know it can be quite hard to follow), don't hesitate to ask. :)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Zoura3025

Quote from: Bluepikmin64 on December 11, 2016, 10:15:58 PM
"I don't remember who officially started the Union, but I remember one thing. It was a name. Zoura3025. I don't know what the numbers at the end meant. I think they were some kind of GalCorp identification tag, but I'm not sure."

As flattered as I am, I must inform that the union was entirely collaborative. No-one in the union claims the sole rights to it, as it is just that: A union. Thanks to all those who joined, especially Sorrontis and Ninja - whom helped form the organization - for their continued support. As our union grew in strength, GalCorp saw us as a threat. We only exist as a specialized delegation of the galactic supercluster that aims to aid the cluster in every possible way. Upon contact with alien races, we supposed that our united mission for particulate extermination (see: Absolute Genocide) allowed us to connect with extraordinary races, including not 1, but 2 nomad fleets. We thank you for your documentation, and will view this stream when possible.

P.S. Although Thirty-Twentyfive is my last name, it also became a running gag that an approximation of how many times I've needed limbs replaced by cybernetics is 3,025 because I worked in salvage fleets for as long as a century.

P.P.S. I suppose now is as good a time as any to admit this: 3025 was my prison number, as I was the 3025th youth prisoner for stealing Galactic Technology. I stole the prototype for asteroid-resistant armor that prevented debris - and even weak cannon fire - from damaging ship hulls.
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Zoura3025 on December 12, 2016, 10:18:28 PM
P.P.S. I suppose now is as good a time as any to admit this: 3025 was my prison number, as I was the 3025th youth prisoner for stealing Galactic Technology.

I don't know how he managed to steal my entire company, but i'm glad it was resolved fast. - Acharon

Couldn't stop myself :P

Bluepikmin64

As flattered as I am, I must inform that the union was entirely collaborative. No-one in the union claims the sole rights to it, as it is just that: A union. Thanks to all those who joined, especially Sorrontis and Ninja - whom helped form the organization - for their continued support. As our union grew in strength, GalCorp saw us as a threat. We only exist as a specialized delegation of the galactic supercluster that aims to aid the cluster in every possible way. Upon contact with alien races, we supposed that our united mission for particulate extermination (see: Absolute Genocide) allowed us to connect with extraordinary races, including not 1, but 2 nomad fleets. We thank you for your documentation, and will view this stream when possible.

P.S. Although Thirty-Twentyfive is my last name, it also became a running gag that an approximation of how many times I've needed limbs replaced by cybernetics is 3,025 because I worked in salvage fleets for as long as a century.

P.P.S. I suppose now is as good a time as any to admit this: 3025 was my prison number, as I was the 3025th youth prisoner for stealing Galactic Technology. I stole the prototype for asteroid-resistant armor that prevented debris - and even weak cannon fire - from damaging ship hulls.

Thank you for the explanation of the number in the canon. I think it's really great that everyone has been supportive of the project. Also the reason for saying you were the creator was cause you were the one to  make the post, and I needed someone to be one of the first to go against GalCorp, which it seems coincides with your explanation.

Zoura3025

Quote from: Bluepikmin64 on December 12, 2016, 10:43:48 PM

Thank you for the explanation of the number in the canon. I think it's really great that everyone has been supportive of the project. Also the reason for saying you were the creator was cause you were the one to  make the post, and I needed someone to be one of the first to go against GalCorp, which it seems coincides with your explanation.

I made the post by request of Sorrontis and Ninja. As for going against GalCorp, I don't directly despise or disagree with them, but the union was formed as a much more serious branch to focus on the perticulate.
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"

Relli

As my only contribution to a grand and fantastic project, I recommend that you change the topic name, if possible. A better summation of what you're trying to do will draw interested parties more easily, plus make the topic easier to find again for those looking for it.

Bluepikmin64

Any suggestions, clarifications, or modifications you wish to make to any of the lore please notify me because I can always change what I wrote, I want this to be as accurate and consistent with everyone's lore as possible.  :)

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."