Main Menu

Particle Fleets

Started by Polarbear0106, November 30, 2016, 10:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polarbear0106

I purchased the package that before contained all three of the games. Because I did this, does that mean I get Particle Fleets? Wasn't the package including all future games as well?

Karsten75

I am not the owner of this site, nor the developer of the game. I only speak from my 8 years on the site as an avid player of all Knuckle Cracker games since CW1.

There has never been a "package" (bundle?) that included future games. If you bought the CW3 trilogy bundle, then you bought (and paid for) CW (original), CW2, and CW3.

Here is a wayback machine link to the KC site before Particle fleet was announced. https://web.archive.org/web/20160306215523/http://knucklecracker.com/common/buy.php

You will notice the bundle clearly states "Buy trilogy" - a trilogy is a group of 3 related objects, such as books, movies or games.  The store page clearly includes the words "three" and nowhere is there an offer or promise of "future games".

Michionlion

If you were referencing the Steam Knuckle Cracker Universal bundle, this is what is included:
(no promise of future games, however)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Karsten75

Quote from: Michionlion on November 30, 2016, 10:57:00 AM
If you were referencing the Steam Knuckle Cracker Universal bundle, this is what is included:
(no promise of future games, however)

It's hard to be sure, but I think the author mentioned "the package that before contained all three of the games". Since Virgil did not release a Steam bundle prior to the Knuckle Cracker Universal Bundle/ Virgil did, every time he released a game, offer a bundle through his site that sold all previous games at a discount.

Note that the Steam bundle only became possible very recently with the ability to re-package the older AIR games as an executable not needing the AIR run-time environment. That, and small cosmetic updates to units and textures.