AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #359: map 35 SMART TACTICS

Author: yum234
Size: 384x216

Desc:
#GoodLuck

IlyaALanda

Did you have to disable defensive struc?  :(
Also those emergent seemed just too happy to fly in a wipe out my entire fleet.
I got killed on this map more time than on any other by a huge margin.
Not that that's a bad thing.

yum-forum

Quote from: IlyaALanda on November 23, 2016, 01:12:19 PM
Did you have to disable defensive struc?  :(
Also those emergent seemed just too happy to fly in a wipe out my entire fleet.
I got killed on this map more time than on any other by a huge margin.
Not that that's a bad thing.

Thank You for feedback and comments!  :)
Sorry, defensive structure was disabled because fire balls trajectory going through this possible defensive structures and game became too easy.
I played again this game without attention to tactics and... was defeated by emergent!  :-[
My win tactics was: at first destroy left/up emitter and create safety place for starting. One more possibility to destroy central emitter and pickup 2 ships and then start in one of corner. Then step by step paying attention to energy balance pickup and build ships. Place this ships in 3 corners (not achievable for beam of fire balls) and using speed of ships to move it away in advance from cloud of emergent. After building and charging 2 BULLDOZERs last part of game is logical and not hard.

P.S. My time score very bad and maybe svartmes, JB3 or Naos can explain more smart tactics...
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

stdout

Spoiler
Build an omni and mire that little square of land, and then the emergent threat is gone.
[close]

IlyaALanda

Quote from: stdout on November 25, 2016, 11:08:39 AM
Spoiler
Build an omni and mire that little square of land, and then the emergent threat is gone.
[close]
The square of land with a mire spawner on it? The one next to an emitter? The one next to 7 ship spawners? That square?
Didn't cross my mind.

yum-forum

Quote from: IlyaALanda on November 28, 2016, 07:42:40 PM
Quote from: stdout on November 25, 2016, 11:08:39 AM
Spoiler
[close]
The square of land with a mire spawner on it? The one next to an emitter? The one next to 7 ship spawners? That square?
Didn't cross my mind.

After Your comment I tried this way and... WOW! it was easy: at the begining put HQ to destroy mire and in the same time build several omnis and take a land after killing mire. No emergent!!!  :)
P.S. My time score was 39 min and now 13 min! 
P.P.S. If You think that it is impossible I can attach screenshots how to do that.  ;)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

pasqualz

I have tried over a dozen times to build an Omni in the bottom left corner and it's impossible. The emitter shuts down the two mines before either can build a single Omni. I have my HQ positioned outside the box to try and shoot as much mire as possible but it just doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? See my attached screenshot and notice that only 12.4 seconds into the game, both mines are shut down and my HQ had it's lathe destroyed. I love Yum's maps, but this one just isn't fun if I can't gain a small foothold! Help!

stdout

First thing to do is destroy the particle emitter inside that box. You do that from inside the box. Disable cannons on your CN to conserve energy.

Then go outside the box and destroy the mire producing emitter that's on that land.

Then escape to the north and build the energy mine in the top left. Build a pair of omnis up there and then move them down. If you need some screenshots, let me know and I'll post them.

pasqualz

Thanks for the tips stdout, but unfortunately my HQ gets overwhelmed by the emitter's particles long before I can destroy it. See attached screenshot of my HQ missing it's lathe and note that this happens only 4.6 seconds into the start of the map!!! There must be some technique to destroying an emitter while avoiding it's particles that I'm not aware of. Any more tips???

stdout

In my case, that emitter never even launches particles. What version are you using? I'm using PF 1.1.4.

pasqualz

stdout, THANK YOU. The version was the issue. I was still on v1.0 and once I upgraded to 1.1.4 it fixed the issue. Must've been some additional functionality add to PRCL that makes the emitter behave properly. Anywho, I'm off to defeat this map now!!!

GoodMorning

That delay is actually a function of the Emitters, no PRPL required. However, be warned: Some maps will break with a older version, others merely become impossible.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.