Creeper World games system requirements

Started by Ce Tecpatl, November 10, 2016, 03:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miquelfire

I think the Steam version will require the Steam client installed.

Karsten75

You do not need to be connected to the Internet to run the Steam games. You will not be able to download maps or upload scores, or any other activity that requires connectivity, obviously, but the game will run just fine.

Edit: Know that buying on Gamersgate gets you the non-steam version and keys and you have to exchange keys for Steam. It seems pointless to install and play the Steam version if you want to play offline.

Ce Tecpatl

Well, it seems that the best decision would be to buy directly from devs. I try to do like that as often as possible but the price difference is almost always not into devs' favor :)

Karsten75

Now I don't know if there are any more bundles out there that includes only the Creeper World trilogy _ I think they all got replaced with bundles that includes Particle fleet.

However, pricing for Creeper World 3 is as follows:

Dev website: $14.99
Steam: $14.99
GamersGate: $14.99

The only thing that might make a difference is how exchange rates are calculated, but even there the Dev has no influence, he uses Fastspring for purchases. And almost all those sites take the same amount of commission.  Virgil has repeatedly stated that he has no preference for purchases made in one location over another.

That given that Fastspring might make it hard(er) for some people in countries with poor e-commerce reputations to actually transact through the Fastpring site. In tat case your alternative is Steam or Gamersgate. Price in USD should be more or less the same.

Good luck and enjoy the games.

Nicant

I've played creeper world 1, 2, and 3 on windows Xp. So it should work fine. (In fact i've made my old sleeper custom unit maps on Xp and it still worked fine)
CW4 hype!!

Ce Tecpatl

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 21, 2017, 10:49:15 AM

Dev website: $14.99
Steam: $14.99
GamersGate: $14.99

Well, Steam and Gamersgate give me $6.20 equivalent in Russian roubles ;) God bless our poor pauper Russia and the regional pricing!