New Modules

Started by BermanPost, November 05, 2016, 01:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BermanPost

Sorry if I am just not understanding the other threads re coding, but is there a simple way to add to the modules screen.  Some of the custom maps have ships that generate blue orbs (an there was a mission with that as well), but must be missing something,

Sorrontis

Hi Berman

those special ships are created using PRPL by a few players that are very good at coding. These ships are not built using the Ship editor. There is a guide right now on how to do it yourself, but virgil is working on making custom modules possible (eventually).

We cannot add modules to the custom ship screen.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

BermanPost

thanks.  What about changing the direction of the modules?  I have seen some ships where the engines don't only face right.  More coding or am I overlooking something already build in?

Sorrontis

Quote from: BermanPost on November 06, 2016, 05:02:50 PM
thanks.  What about changing the direction of the modules?  I have seen some ships where the engines don't only face right.  More coding or am I overlooking something already build in?

No changing of direction (so far), and that won't likely change.
All the engines I've seen face from left to right. Can you send me a design which doesn't? They aren't supposed to.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."