Author Topic: Frontline Corp & GalTech Vessel Exchange Cyte (New page under construction)  (Read 3904 times)

Dark Ambition

• Map Maker
  • Nobody expects the Dark Ambiquisition!
Basic Character Info
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2017, 02:58:31 am »
     To: Timothy Carlisle
     Subject: Basic Character Info

Hey,

I've gathered all the information you asked me for, but I couldn't find it all. Some of these guys are... obscure. Or really well hidden.

Can I ask why you wanted information for these people specifically? I can't find many connections to them other than the people in the same faction. I mean... what kind of connections could there be to the H.G.R.A and Frontline Corporation?

Take Care,
     Adjutant Sierra

(click to show/hide)

To: Bethany Sierra
     Subject: RE: Basic Character Info

Greetings,

Ahh, thank you for the info! I'm only showing this to a select few individuals. The big guy said most of these people are important to this Common Era, so i've been keeping track of them. Or trying to at least. Something's going to happen soon, and it's going to shake us, I just know it...

Take Care,
     Caretaker Carlisle
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:29:36 pm by Dark Ambition »
WHAT ARE YOUR COMMANDS?
🔺
-----
I assure you it's quite the other way around. The question is: What, my dear Samaritan, are your commands for us?
-----
CALCULATING RESPONSE

Dark Ambition

• Map Maker
--Broadcast Detected On All Channels--
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 11:08:46 pm »
--Broadcast Detected On All Channels--

SELOI DESCENDANTS

FIRST YOU INVADE MY TERRITORY

THEN YOU ASSAULT MY LAST FRIENDS

YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR ORDERS, AND I'VE TOLERATED THIS FOR LONG ENOUGH

YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO REMOVE YOURSELF FROM REDACTED SPACE

IF YOU DO NOT,

THEN I WILL REMOVE YOU MYSELF

||PROGENITOR LOCUS||

||PROGENITOR LOCUS||
WHAT ARE YOUR COMMANDS?
🔺
-----
I assure you it's quite the other way around. The question is: What, my dear Samaritan, are your commands for us?
-----
CALCULATING RESPONSE

tornado

• no questions asked and none answered
Re: Frontline Corp & GalTech Vessel Exchange Cyte- 5/9/17: A Warning
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2017, 08:15:46 am »
(click to show/hide)
Please don't declare war on us, we haven't even gotten here yet. We are not here to fight, just to look.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
first, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Dark Ambition

• Map Maker
Re: Frontline Corp & GalTech Vessel Exchange Cyte- 5/9/17: A Warning
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2017, 02:21:20 pm »
(click to show/hide)

To: Tornado [CEO]
     Subject: Assault in Redacted Space

Greetings,

I'm afraid you are far too late. This message was sent 4 days ago, and the attack has already begun. Hundreds of stations are being destroyed, most of them GalCorp. This attack is being focused mostly in the Mojave Expanse. If you stay away from there, you should have less of a chance of running into an Avatar.

GalCorp is trying to get me to expunge your ship manager database, because you are entering Redacted Space. But I sense you have... plans. I will allow you your vessels.

I wish I could say more to help you, though I cannot lie to you about your chances... you have my sympathies.

Take Care,
Timothy Carlisle
WHAT ARE YOUR COMMANDS?
🔺
-----
-----
CALCULATING RESPONSE

Dark Ambition

• Map Maker
Galactic Map V.1
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2017, 07:59:39 pm »
LEGEND

Blue = Protected Space
Light Blue = GalCorp Capital

Red = Redacted Space
Light Red = Origin

Orange = Seloi Active Zone

Pink = Hydrax Nebula
Purple = Hydraxil Invasion Zone

Green = Tiberian Warbirds Re-Taken Sectors
Light Green = Gate of Abelas (Connected to Andromeda Galaxy)

Cyan = Hiigaran Control Zone
Light Cyan = Gate of Abbasid (Connected to Whirlpool Galaxy)

Yellow = Horan Galactic Rebel Alliance
Light Yellow = Rodina Capital

White = Anomalous Activity

Blank = Unexplored

I just made this for fun I guess. I wouldn't take it as the actual map for the stories unless everyone here is fine with their respective corporations being part of it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 11:15:38 pm by Dark Ambition »
WHAT ARE YOUR COMMANDS?
🔺
-----
-----
CALCULATING RESPONSE

GoodMorning

• Map Maker
  • (Pusillanimous)
Re: Frontline Corp & GalTech Vessel Exchange Cyte- 6/26/17 Galactic Map
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2017, 10:29:25 pm »
Roleplay always returns, doesn't it? And it's more fun the further it extends.

I think we need slightly finer hextiles, however - Redacted Space always felt rather more vast then any one dominion, and quite possibly greater than all known areas combined. Of course, it may be that it extends entirely around the galactic disc.

There's another "anomaly" at around (2.4,0.5) radial - Rising Star is responsible for that, but please don't come looking yet. It may all come to nothing...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

• Map Maker
  • Going Nuclear.
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2017, 12:28:45 pm »
I really like this map you have going on! Also, makes sense for the Hiigarans to have come from their own galaxy through one of the great Hyperspace Gates to the Milky Way. Never really considered how I'd justify their presence in our galaxy, so I guess you've done me a favour! :P

Also, I agree with GM, that I imagined Redacted Space to be everywhere in the Galaxy that's not Protected Space (at least, to the perspective of GalCorp, since other empires will have carved out their own sectors within Redacted Space). I guess the "unexplored" sectors on the map can technically be classed as Redacted Space too.

But yeah, I'm such a fan of this whole map idea. I love it! :D
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Dark Ambition

• Map Maker
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2017, 02:33:06 pm »
Roleplay always returns, doesn't it? And it's more fun the further it extends.

I think we need slightly finer hextiles, however - Redacted Space always felt rather more vast then any one dominion, and quite possibly greater than all known areas combined. Of course, it may be that it extends entirely around the galactic disc.

There's another "anomaly" at around (2.4,0.5) radial - Rising Star is responsible for that, but please don't come looking yet. It may all come to nothing...

Roleplay's kinda always been my thing ^^;

I'm working on version 2 right now, it has much more detail in it. To me, I guess Redacted Space felt like a contained area, the Seloi needed room while making it after all :P Though I remembered what I decided happened to the Seloi... Particulate got unruly when the creeper came... I'm now aiming for Redacted Space to have a used to be contained look.

"(2.4, 0.5)" ?

I really like this map you have going on! Also, makes sense for the Hiigarans to have come from their own galaxy through one of the great Hyperspace Gates to the Milky Way. Never really considered how I'd justify their presence in our galaxy, so I guess you've done me a favour! :P

Also, I agree with GM, that I imagined Redacted Space to be everywhere in the Galaxy that's not Protected Space (at least, to the perspective of GalCorp, since other empires will have carved out their own sectors within Redacted Space). I guess the "unexplored" sectors on the map can technically be classed as Redacted Space too.

But yeah, I'm such a fan of this whole map idea. I love it! :D

Thx! I kinda had to use a hyperspace gate, considering that the only other way I know for galactic hyperspace travel is the type of hyperdrive the Naggarok used, and that presents obvious problems *cough* :P Looking in-game for HW2, the Gate of Balcora's effect looked more akin to exting with Rift Space instead of Hyperspace. Considering Deep-Hyperspace is a tad bit virulent, it would make sense that the Progenitors used powerful rift totems to get around galaxies like this.

(click to show/hide)
WHAT ARE YOUR COMMANDS?
🔺
-----
-----
CALCULATING RESPONSE

GoodMorning

• Map Maker
  • (Pusillanimous)
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2017, 08:28:29 pm »
(2.4,0.5) are the coordinates: 2.4 radians (on your map) and halfway out from the galactic Core. 2.4 roughly corresponds to NW if you overlaid a compass rose. Conveniently in an unexplored area.

Don't forget to denote a Mojave Expanse.

To paraphrase a half-remembered quote:
Technology is a tree rather than a ladder. Most civilisations stop seeking new ways to accomplish an end after that end has been achieved. As such, there are many paths to the top.

Rising Star took a very different path, but have continued exploring in the lower branches.

(click to show/hide)

After all, GalCorp inherited tech from the Seloi, who would almost certainly have encountered hyperspace gates. Yet they still use rift jumps. Then again, neither recorded knowledge of the Styglek.

Also, who built the Gates? Rift Totems also seem to be unconstructable, yet they exist.

If have a suggestion: why not have Protected Space occupy the denser, inner regions of the galaxy, and Redacted Space the rim? Redacted Space seemed to have constant boundaries, predefined. Then any expansion or removal from GalCorp control requires entering Redacted Space, and extragalactic visitors appear on the rim.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:13:10 pm by GoodMorning »

Nicant

• Map Maker
  • Image is a lit wizard
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2017, 09:26:30 pm »
I'll add where my corporation is on the map once it gets finished!
Why do you park on a driveway, but drive on a parkway? :o

FOXX

• Map Maker
  • Just Breathe
Re: Frontline Corp & GalTech Vessel Exchange Cyte- 6/29/17: Removed Glow
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2017, 09:00:19 am »
This is a great project DA, good luck !!!!
Interested in the end result.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Spaartan

• If Decagon levels up, will he become an Undecagon?
Re: Frontline Corp & GalTech Vessel Exchange Cyte- 6/29/17: Removed Glow
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2017, 04:43:33 am »
If my calculations are correct, I should be near the middle of the Hydraxil Invasion space, they recently expanded beyond the dome which we live in. It has become mostly silent if not for the particulate attacks from time to time.
At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

Dark Ambition

• Map Maker
Excalibur Project Part 1
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2017, 03:36:16 pm »
(click to show/hide)

This is Executor Sylvester, CEO of GalCorp, broadcasting to multiple Corporations. We are building a new ship class that requires technology we don't have, anything providing particle manipulation, and anything A.I related. We are hiring mercenaries to go on an expedition into Redacted Space and into Seloi Active Zones to find information and technology. The reward for retrieved technology is over 10,000, I'm sure you realize how important this is for such a ludicrously high payment.

Any company interested should respond on the channel N9TT-9G0A-B7FQ-RANC.

(I am not making a map series out of this, it is a forum-side story. Still, I need somebody to respond to this RP style to progress the story.)
WHAT ARE YOUR COMMANDS?
🔺
-----
-----
CALCULATING RESPONSE

Keeper Decagon

• Map Maker
  • Going Nuclear.
(click to show/hide)

----Data Link Established----

>Transmission Authorized<

>Responding on Channel: N9TT-9G0A-B7FQ-RANC<

Greetings Executor,

This is Chief Intelligence Officer Rachel Somtaaw of the HDF Command Ship Faal-Corum. We have received your... lucrative offer a few moments ago, and after having consulted with Fleet Command, we want to formally accept this task.

We will take a few days to prepare our fleet for the expedition, and then we will proceed to the nearest Progenitor sites to search for these technologies you mentioned.

However, we have but one request: upon completion of our task, the reward should be delivered in Resource Units, since we have little use for your currency.

Faal-Corum, out.

>Transmission End<

----Data Link Destroyed----
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

• Map Maker
  • (Pusillanimous)
Executor,

Rising Star may be able to assist you, depending on your exact requirements. We have experience with ship AIs. We also have little use for your currency, but are sufficiently interested to participate in development. Should you wish to expedite this, however, we would request a delivery of the attached list of raw materials, delivered care of the SSDI:ADD. We are sure that you will appreciate the reasons for our caution; given the cases of the SchematiCull and the Silicon Nomads. We do, of course, reserve the option to withdraw our assistance should, say, any shipment of materials contain tracing devices.