Started by Keeper Decagon, October 12, 2016, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper Decagon

----DATA SEQUENCING IN PROGRESS----

=[Installation DT-7 primary AI subroutines active]=

=[Subspace phase jump complete]=

=[Beginning preliminary systems check]=

DT Reactor initialization confirmed. System startup:

• Command nodes online and ready for data processing.
  • DTA conversion conduits online.
  • Secondary reactors online.
  • Hull stabilization confirmed: quantum locking mechanisms in place.
  • Life support offline. No lifesigns detected on board.
  • Communications array online and ready to receive commands.
  • Weapon systems disabled. Subspace flux detected in tertiary data relays.
  • Phased ion arrays initializing.

=[Systems online. Automated maintenance sequence initiated]=

=[Computer update. System last accessed: 7,339,022,198 cycles ago]=

=[Positional anomaly detected. Comparing original starcharts to current astrometric data... correcting position in accordance with galactic drift.]=

Establishing contact with other installations...

--Installation DT-1: response confirmed--
--Installation DT-2: response confirmed--
--Installation DT-3: sensor contact only, possible communications damage--
--Installation DT-4: response confirmed, unidentified craft detected in vicinity--
--Installation DT-5: no response, unable to verify sensor contact--
--Installation DT-6: response confirmed, unidentified craft detected in vicinity--

=[Probes deployed. Contact with Installation DT-5 must be reestablished for firing sequence]=

=[Sensor grid detecting active warp generators nearby. Automated message C-12 transmitting...]=

Message reads:

QuoteAttention owners of unidentified warp technology.

In accordance with Directive Thiila of the Intergalactic Spatial Conservation Treaty, your warp technology is considered highly illegal and will be confiscated if you do not cease function immediately. Be advised that, with this message, the Grand Navy of Hydrax Prime will have been notified and Dreadnought vessels will be en-route to oversee the shutdown of illegal technology.

You have three microcycles to respond.

=[Warning: Navy communications link failed. Unable to detect Navy presence within 2000 lightyears]=

=[Power-up complete. System integrity restored. Firing sequence on stand-by]=

----DATA SEQUENCING COMPLETE----
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o ISCT/Grand Navy Representative (Assumed)

Greetings again.

Might we ask what entity we are addressing?

Regarding our warp technology, we have reason to expect significant damage to material entities within a light-cone of duration 0.00009 galactic cirlcings from an uncontrolled cessation of our warps. We will begin a staged reduction presently, and remove to a spatial pocket. However, full shutdown will require remote communication to perform safely. Our current measures will be made permanent, and the full shutdown enacted, only when we are satisfied that we come under the jurisdiction of this treaty.

We note you are dispatching devices toward the position (presumed) of one of your brethren. In order to safely and rapidly reduce the activity of our mid-range warp generators, we will be performing temporary contractions; we wonder if you would appreciate one of them giving you or your devices a faster transit.

Regarding the Grand Navy, we have encountered no such organisation. There does exist a group of genocidal, biophobic AIs using the identifier "Hydraxil Collective", but your far more measured communications suggest this is not your affiliation. At this point, we assume that you are acting in good faith; however we cannot yet confirm your statements to the degree necessary to so alter our manner of existence. Do you know of any entity, civilisation or grouping which could likely verify your statements?

Finally, do you have a preferred communication means, given that we assume your objection to warp technology extends to this channel?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

----INITIATE TRANSMISSION----

Spoiler
Quote from: GoodMorning on October 07, 2017, 07:34:02 PM
x Rising Star
o ISCT/Grand Navy Representative (Assumed)

Greetings again.

Might we ask what entity we are addressing?

Regarding our warp technology, we have reason to expect significant damage to material entities within a light-cone of duration 0.00009 galactic cirlcings from an uncontrolled cessation of our warps. We will begin a staged reduction presently, and remove to a spatial pocket. However, full shutdown will require remote communication to perform safely. Our current measures will be made permanent, and the full shutdown enacted, only when we are satisfied that we come under the jurisdiction of this treaty.

We note you are dispatching devices toward the position (presumed) of one of your brethren. In order to safely and rapidly reduce the activity of our mid-range warp generators, we will be performing temporary contractions; we wonder if you would appreciate one of them giving you or your devices a faster transit.

Regarding the Grand Navy, we have encountered no such organisation. There does exist a group of genocidal, biophobic AIs using the identifier "Hydraxil Collective", but your far more measured communications suggest this is not your affiliation. At this point, we assume that you are acting in good faith; however we cannot yet confirm your statements to the degree necessary to so alter our manner of existence. Do you know of any entity, civilisation or grouping which could likely verify your statements?

Finally, do you have a preferred communication means, given that we assume your objection to warp technology extends to this channel?
[close]

=[Response detected from owners of illegal warp technology]=

=[Direct communication directives engaged: this unit can now respond to incoming transmission. Stand by]=

=[Interference detected: adjusting transmission bandwidth to account for spatial folds]=

=[Queries detected. Additional intelligence subroutines now active]=

QuoteGreetings, "Rising Star". You have responded to an automated message. This unit will hopefully satisfy your queries.

This unit is an Automated Intelligence Construct, developed by the Grand Navy of Hydrax Prime to function as a control unit for this facility. Whilst it might seem sentient, it would like to remind you that in accordance with other acts in the Intergalactic Treaty, this unit cannot develop sentience without triggering a self-destruct mechanism.

Directive Thiila is in effect: this unit is satisfied with your efforts to halt use of this most dangerous technology. It will contact the Grand Navy to arrange for a military transport to confiscate the technology once shutdown has been enforced... Error: communications link failed. Unable to establish contact with the Grand Navy at this time. A maintenance cruiser will be along to restore the network. Regardless, Directive Thiila remains in effect. This unit advises you not to doubt the applicability of this Directive to your civilization.

Probes deployed towards Installation DT-5. Unable to acquire sensor data on DT-5. No response on emergency channels. Probes are equipped with transphasic subspace drives. Warp technology is not necessary for efficient travel. There is also less chance of causing a Rift Space rupture.

It appears your race must be new to this galaxy if you do not know the Grand Navy of Hydrax Prime, the galactic peacekeeping force serving the Imperium. No data could be found regarding a "Hydraxil Collective". Processing... Installation DT-5 reported Grand Navy vessels approaching moments before loss of communications. Vessels were devoid of life signs. Declaration of "Hydraxil Collective" affiliation confirmed.

Warning: Hydraxil Collective matches profile of Class-20 Artificial Intelligence constructs. Directive Kasilar in effect. Class-20 AI constructs must be eliminated on sight in accordance with the Intergalactic Treaty.

Probes have arrived at Installation DT-5: telemetry data indicates Hydraxil Collective vessels actively attempting to access DT-5. Interfacing with DT-5 AIC... interface complete. This unit has decided to fire a phased ion pulse to destroy local Hydraxil Vessels. Observe a 10 lightyear safety range.

*A vast explosion near the center of Redacted Space signals the fiery demise of the burrowing Hydraxil ships.*

Local vessels purged. Installation DT-5 will proceed to make repairs.

"Rising Star", Directive Thiila has been temporarily rescinded whilst Directive Kasilar is active. Eradication of the Class-20 AI constructs is of vital importance. In accordance with the DLRgiE($#[$...

Alert: virus detected. Purging... purge failed. Jettisoning data blocks 25-40... no effect. Infection detected in main processor. This unit FIU&$uf--- BUroRF497---- '#E]385.........

*Dark chuckle.*

WELL NOW, YOU HAVE BEEN QUITE THE TROUBLEMAKER, HAVEN'T YOU? SHAME I HAD TO DESTROY YOUR BRAIN...

HMM? YOU WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF SENDING A MESSAGE TO THE RISING STAR, I SEE.

IF ONLY YOU KNEW THAT THE GRAND NAVY WAS ELIMINATED 8 MILLION YEARS AGO. HAH, STUPID CONSTRUCTS AND THEIR REGULATIONS.

BUT SINCE THIS CHANNEL IS OPEN...

I DON'T THINK I'VE HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING YOU YET, RISING STAR.

PERHAPS I MIGHT HAVE TO PAY YOU A VISIT ONCE I'M DONE WITH THESE HORRIBLE RELICS.

=[jibgFBOG457#$%]=

=[.......JUST KIDDING, I'M STILL IN CONTROL.]=

----END TRANSMISSION----
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Construct (Takeover)

Greetings to you also.

We are quite prepared to converse with you, although the "relic" seemed pleasant to converse with.

Since you required a system attack, we take it that you did not have authority from the creators of these stations to assume command of them?

<Twister>: Remind me to just keep all of the warping equipment online next time, and have it operate concealment pockets...

<Analyser>: It mentioned a risk of Rift Space rupture, which we'll have to look into.

<Twister>: Also, did you want me to graft in a processor subversion layer on that station?

<Analyser>: Have it ready, but don't place it yet.

x Rising Star, Solar Envy
o Prismatic Placid Flare

Greetings, Flare.

Sorry to interrupt, but there are some rather powerful ancient Hydrax structures about, and at least two are under Hydraxil Collective control. Thought you ought to know. Five others.

Keeper Decagon

Spoiler
Quote from: GoodMorning on October 07, 2017, 09:55:52 PM
x Rising Star
o Construct (Takeover)

Greetings to you also.

We are quite prepared to converse with you, although the "relic" seemed pleasant to converse with.

Since you required a system attack, we take it that you did not have authority from the creators of these stations to assume command of them?
[close]

----INITIATE TRANSMISSION----

AUTHORITY? AHAHAHAHAHA!

THE CREATORS WERE WIPED OUT BY THE CREEPER.

THEIR SURVIVORS RELEASED ME IN THEIR EFFORTS TO TAKE BACK THEIR WORLD.

SOME OF THOSE SURVIVORS STILL SERVE ME WELL.

THESE RELICS ARE NOTHING BUT TOOLS.

SOON YOU WILL SEE THE TRUE POWER OF THE ANCESTORS.

SOON I WILL RETRIEVE THE LOST ONE FROM THE VOID ITSELF.

WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS? BECAUSE IT'S INCONSEQUENTIAL.

I FIND IT AMUSING TO SEE PRIMITIVES LIKE YOU ATTEMPTING TO STOP ME.

THERE IS NOTHING LEFT IN THIS GALAXY THAT CAN STOP ME NOW.

----END TRANSMISSION----

Quotex Rising Star, Solar Envy
o Prismatic Placid Flare

Greetings, Flare.

Sorry to interrupt, but there are some rather powerful ancient Hydrax structures about, and at least two are under Hydraxil Collective control. Thought you ought to know. Five others.

Placid Flare: W-what? How can this be? I thought the last of the ancient Hydraxian technology was destroyed in the 57th CE by a religious human empire... they thought it threatened their beliefs, so they eliminated what they could find.

Placid Flare: These structures must have been hidden somehow. Nevertheless, Hydraxian technology tended to be advanced beyond anything I'd ever seen, but was rarely dangerous. We should be cautious, and observe what they are doing with those stations.

Placid Flare: Oh, one last thing... if a station's AI construct spouts some ancient directives from a long-gone treaty, just ignore them. They're just programmed to strictly enforce Hydraxian laws, and well... they've been gone for millions of years.

GoodMorning

"Garnet": Well... What a considerate entity.

<Twister>: What say we throw a spanner in that?

<Analyser>: Honestly, you two... It has done nothing to us, and the Collective don't use the term "I", in case you had forgotten.

<Twister>: Oh, go on... <mocking> "NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW" ...

<Analyser>: <released amusement> All right, the arrogance it shows arrogance is funny ... <seriousness> but "because it's fun" is not a good enough reason to antagonise it.

"Garnet": You're right, you're right ... but ... it's reaction!

(As "Garnet" dissolves in laughter, <Analyser> regards <Twister>)

<Analyser>: If you think you can do it without detection, then place a subversion mask. I don't trust this entity.

<Twister>: It'll be tricky, but I can do it.

<Analyser>: Good. And by the way - don't link an "AI-in-organic" simulation into it this time.

"Garnet": Wait, you did what?

<Twister>: ... linked an "AI sim" into an organic's channel ...

("Garnet" dissolves into laughter, <Analyser> giving a chuckle at <Twister>'s discomfort.)

<Analyser>: You learned from it, which is the main thing. "Garnet", there's a saying about atmosphere worlds and impactors.

("Garnet"'s laughter trails off.)

<Twister>: Wait ... what?

<Analyser>: Don't worry about it. Suffice to say that "Garnet" has learned not to make contact by popular fiction references.

(<Analyser> departs, taking with it a sense of amusement at it's friends antics. It heads off to look at the warp amplifier expansions. <Twister> gets the story out of "Garnet", who accepts being caught out with good grace.)

Keeper Decagon

----WARNING: TARGETING SEQUENCE INITIATED----

Installation DT-1 Status:

• Power Levels = 100%
  • Quantum Flux Regulators = Online
  • Phased Ion Catalyst = Online
  • Spatial Anchor = Active

Installation DT-2 Status:

• Power Levels = 98% and charging

Installation DT-3 Status:

• Power Levels = 94% and charging
  • Phased Ion Catalyst = Offline - initialization protocols active

Installation DT-4 Status:

• Power Levels = 99% and charging
  • Spatial Anchor = Active - minor anomalies detected

Installation DT-5 Status:

• Power Levels = 95% and charging
  • Quantum Flux Regulators = Offline - initialization protocols active
  • Phased Ion Catalyst = Online - minor damage detected

Installation DT-6 Status:

• Power Levels = 100%

Installation DT-7 Status:

• Power Levels = 100%
  • Spatial Anchor = Inactive - local spatial flux beyond safe limits

TARGETING ARRAYS ALIGNING...

Target Locked: Sector 215-74-Delta => 'Phaliira' Black Hole

• Mass: Approximately 25,000 solar masses
  • Viability for Quantum Shear: 85%
  • Drift: 0.0003 degrees per cycle
No lifeforms detected within 20 parsecs of target.

Chance of Dangerous GRB: IRRELEVANT.

----TARGETING SEQUENCE COMPLETE----

Weapon Status:

Installation DT-1 => Online
Installation DT-2 => Online
Installation DT-3 => Online
Installation DT-4 => Online
Installation DT-5 => Online
Installation DT-6 => Online
Installation DT-7 => Online

----FIRING SEQUENCE INITIATED----

Like seven giant Totems, the Hydraxian Citadels fired their main beam weapons into space. Soaring across the cosmos at many times the speed of light, the beams they emitted carved their way through the galaxy toward a lone Black Hole somewhere deep within Redacted Space. They struck the wildly spinning Black Hole, at first being scattered by the deadly event horizon until something changed within the Black Hole itself. Exotic particles never seen before in this Universe encircled the doomed singularity, causing the spacetime around it to tear apart in ways even its gravity could not, carving a devastating hole in the spacetime continuum. So extreme was the fissure that it completely destroyed local subspace, in turn annihilating Rift Space and Hyperspace along with it, causing powerful ripples through spacetime around it.

The Black Hole itself collapsed into the quantum shear quickly; the only thing left in its place was a passage to the cruel nothingness that was the Void.

Dark Ambition

OOC

QuoteLike seven giant Totems, the Hydraxian Citadels fired their main beam weapons into space. Soaring across the cosmos at many times the speed of light, the beams they emitted carved their way through the galaxy toward a lone Black Hole somewhere deep within Redacted Space. They struck the wildly spinning Black Hole, at first being scattered by the deadly event horizon until something changed within the Black Hole itself. Exotic particles never seen before in this Universe encircled the doomed singularity, causing the spacetime around it to tear apart in ways even its gravity could not, carving a devastating hole in the spacetime continuum. So extreme was the fissure that it completely destroyed local subspace, in turn annihilating Rift Space and Hyperspace along with it, causing powerful ripples through spacetime around it.

The Black Hole itself collapsed into the quantum shear quickly; the only thing left in its place was a passage to the cruel nothingness that was the Void.

This is actually very similar, like creepily similar, to how the T-Mat Catalyst Scythe works at full power XD
[close]

Flare: Kind Captain Skye, I have returned. We can begin discussions, if you are ready to receive me.

[GCPT] Alissa Skye: Oh, good timing. I was just about to go check up on you.

So, you and the Seloi were allies? That explains the recent hostility of Seloi A.I's. Even from the grave, the Imperium is still trying to Protect you. I think I understand everything now. I can't aid you directly, but... maybe I know who can. With this information, and his own that he is digging up as we speak, perhaps he can help you.

-----
LRT Online...
[Communication Activated]
Sending To: Alissa Skye [Proxy]
Relaying To: Crystalids

Greetings. My name is Hayden Silver. I am the Judicator of Protected Space. I believe the Seloi equivalent to my job, is Caretaker.

I've suspected foul play in the GalCorp hierarchy for a while now. The balance of power here is tipped to the Executor's favor. I've had my men dig up as much information about you as we could, and I am convinced that you are not the threat GalCorp makes you out to be.

It was the Legislator, Trevor Hales, that first attacked you. Now that you've sent most of the fleet running and damaged some GalCorp operations in Protected Space, you may have the ire of the Executor. The Executor will hire more CM's to try and kill you. If you unlucky enough, he may even send a few fleets of the actual Navy. The Navy is much worse than what you've faced. They're brutal. I think Spaartan here used to be part of that Navy before he went rogue, so he can attest to it's efficiency. You'll know the Navy when you see it. They're ships are very similar to regular ships, but smoother in appearance, and a little more efficient. You'll note the blue shield insignia on Alissa's command ship. She's part of the Patrol. The Patrol belongs to me. I can reassign Patrol Fleets back to Protected Space so they don't give you any trouble, but I can't directly tell them to let you be, I need to lay low.

I'm still currently gathering evidence. With enough of it, I can go after the Executor. In court.

It's pretty much becoming the running theme here, but I can't directly help you. However, I do think I can give you one asset...

When you have time, I think you should head to the Mojave Expanse. Galactic Technology is stationed there. They were recently granted autonomy from GalCorp, and can act on their own accord. One thing I know about its CEO, Acheron Forge, is that he is highly interested in Seloi technology. He is also displeased with the current political situation in Protected Space. Maybe you can find an ally in him.

I can't talk for long, lest they find out i've been in contact with you. Good luck.
[Communication Terminated]
LRT Offline...
-----

Uriel Vert: I'm detecting something... fluctuations in the Hyperdome... I think i've found a Hyperspace Pocket. Deactivating it now...

This is... oh my... I think this thing is a Slipspace Module. It looks damaged, I think it'll only work once. We can research this thing and try to make more, but that could take years.

Lexx Abara got trapped in that anomaly area. I think we can use this Slipspace module to send him reinforcements. He might die if we don't. But researching it could give us valuable equipment no one else has. What do you think we should do, Spaartan?

cpaca

wait, I'm lost.
The executor might send a fleet to who?
and where are the Crystallids? Near Spartan and me? Or..???
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Dark Ambition

Quote from: cpaca on October 11, 2017, 05:20:42 PM
wait, I'm lost.
The executor might send a fleet to who?
and where are the Crystallids? Near Spartan and me? Or..???

It said that the Executor might send Navy fleets instead of Corporate Military fleets. Basically, the Crystalids pissed off the wrong guy, now instead of sending grunts, he's sending elites with the specific objective to find and kill the Crystalids.

In the Corporate Military, when you graduate to Officer class, you have the choice to stay in the CM or join the Navy. In the CM, you do what you did before. In the Navy, you get elite training, and work directly for GalCorp.

Dark Ambition

(Putting in spoiler tag because big images :P)
Spoiler

[close]

Keeper Decagon

Spoiler
Quote from: Dark Ambition on October 11, 2017, 02:38:03 PM
OOC

QuoteLike seven giant Totems, the Hydraxian Citadels fired their main beam weapons into space. Soaring across the cosmos at many times the speed of light, the beams they emitted carved their way through the galaxy toward a lone Black Hole somewhere deep within Redacted Space. They struck the wildly spinning Black Hole, at first being scattered by the deadly event horizon until something changed within the Black Hole itself. Exotic particles never seen before in this Universe encircled the doomed singularity, causing the spacetime around it to tear apart in ways even its gravity could not, carving a devastating hole in the spacetime continuum. So extreme was the fissure that it completely destroyed local subspace, in turn annihilating Rift Space and Hyperspace along with it, causing powerful ripples through spacetime around it.

This is actually very similar, like creepily similar, to how the T-Mat Catalyst Scythe works at full power XD
[close]

Flare: Kind Captain Skye, I have returned. We can begin discussions, if you are ready to receive me.

[GCPT] Alissa Skye: Oh, good timing. I was just about to go check up on you.

So, you and the Seloi were allies? That explains the recent hostility of Seloi A.I's. Even from the grave, the Imperium is still trying to Protect you. I think I understand everything now. I can't aid you directly, but... maybe I know who can. With this information, and his own that he is digging up as we speak, perhaps he can help you.

-----
LRT Online...
[Communication Activated]
Sending To: Alissa Skye [Proxy]
Relaying To: Crystalids

Greetings. My name is Hayden Silver. I am the Judicator of Protected Space. I believe the Seloi equivalent to my job, is Caretaker.

I've suspected foul play in the GalCorp hierarchy for a while now. The balance of power here is tipped to the Executor's favor. I've had my men dig up as much information about you as we could, and I am convinced that you are not the threat GalCorp makes you out to be.

It was the Legislator, Trevor Hales, that first attacked you. Now that you've sent most of the fleet running and damaged some GalCorp operations in Protected Space, you may have the ire of the Executor. The Executor will hire more CM's to try and kill you. If you unlucky enough, he may even send a few fleets of the actual Navy. The Navy is much worse than what you've faced. They're brutal. I think Spaartan here used to be part of that Navy before he went rogue, so he can attest to it's efficiency. You'll know the Navy when you see it. They're ships are very similar to regular ships, but smoother in appearance, and a little more efficient. You'll note the blue shield insignia on Alissa's command ship. She's part of the Patrol. The Patrol belongs to me. I can reassign Patrol Fleets back to Protected Space so they don't give you any trouble, but I can't directly tell them to let you be, I need to lay low.

I'm still currently gathering evidence. With enough of it, I can go after the Executor. In court.

It's pretty much becoming the running theme here, but I can't directly help you. However, I do think I can give you one asset...

When you have time, I think you should head to the Mojave Expanse. Galactic Technology is stationed there. They were recently granted autonomy from GalCorp, and can act on their own accord. One thing I know about its CEO, Acheron Forge, is that he is highly interested in Seloi technology. He is also displeased with the current political situation in Protected Space. Maybe you can find an ally in him.

I can't talk for long, lest they find out i've been in contact with you. Good luck.
[Communication Terminated]
LRT Offline...
-----
[close]

Placid Flare: I thank you for the consideration you have given us, kind Captain Skye, even if you are unable to help directly. No matter what happens, there will never be ill will between us, no matter the orders that come from your superiors...

*Flare receives the transmission shortly afterward, routed through the Starfire's communications array straight to her.*

Placid Flare: Equivalent to Caretaker, hmm? Carlisle...  I miss that guy.

Placid Flare: I feared there was some corrupt scheme going on behind the scenes. Seeing that the Executor is not only the most powerful in GalCorp's leadership, but he also has some sort of cruel plot against us, just makes everything worse...

Placid Flare: We are in no position to take on a fully-fledged Navy, even with the help of the allies we have accrued. I'm sure Cobalt would disagree, but I'm not letting him step out of line this time... still, having the Patrol fleets not trying to hunt us down should give us some reprieve, for the moment.

Placid Flare: Galactic Technology, hmm? If it is technology they would want, I know just the place to get it. As soon as we have concluded our business here, I feel we should proceed to the Mojave Expanse. Captain Skye, I cannot thank you enough for what you and the Judicator have done for us... we will repay you one day, I swear it.

Placid Flare: Perhaps I should...... w-wait...... this feeling... from... how can this be?!

*Reaching far across space and time, a connection long lost to the abyss was established once more. The feeling was familiar, warm and comforting, but fraught with rage, fear and sadness all at the same time. There was a darker presence too... the Lost One had returned.*

=[To Be Continued... Soontm]=

cpaca

Mail time! 
Incoming mail: 
> mail
> mail
> mail 
Filter: UNREAD MAIL 
> no mail 
Sending mail... 
Group Mail A: CMC, Crystallids, Spaartan. 
Messages sent through this channel will have the above 3 as recipients. 
To: Group Mail A
I have designed a new Custom module ship - This one's fairly hard to make, due to the number of modules applied to it. 
Despite being so large, it can apply itself as a one-ship-fleet, able to defeat all enemies with ease. 
With two fighter bases, enemies can be defeated from afar. 
12 lasers for point-defense, and a particle beam to assist in point-defense. 
Two grabbers for particle control. 
Eight cannons to attack mired land and anti-cannon defense
Six missiles to attack emergent
Two dischargers to attack stunners 
Two lathes for emitters/mires 
Four energy tanks 
New module: Energy Creator 
Works like a reactor. 
1 eps without an AMP Gem. 
3 eps with an AMP Gem 
Ships are flying over now... 
Crystallids: Since you seem to "take over" your ships, if you can't take this ship over [due to unknown module technology] you may borrow a crew for the Ship if you like. 
Spaartan: Since i'm giving them a free crew, you get one too. 

-- MESSAGE END -- 
To: Group Mail A 
Tag: FOURTH WALL BREAK [INVISIBLE MESSAGE] 
How to use new ship: 
Step 1: Add new ship to game [SuperShip.dat] 
Step 2: Add required PRPL to game files [don't put them into PRPL core yet] Requires: 
ShipModule.prpl
SuperShipAdder.prpl 
InfiniteEnergyModule.prpl
Step 3: Open PF:E 
Open desired map 
Add a PRPL core, set to invisible. 
Add "SuperShipAdder.prpl"
For making multiple ships, only add ONE COPY of SuperShipAdder.prpl 
Step 4: Add image [GlobalEnergyMaker.png] in the 128x128 images, the first [0th] image. 
If you have something in use there, go into InfiniteEnergyModule.prpl, go to the fourth line, and change "Custom0_128" to something else [Must start with Custom and end with _128] 
Step 5: Check that ship has the modules. 
Step 6: If the ship doesn't have the modules and the ship is not accepting more energy, try the steps again. If it fails again, talk to me and [ideally] send some images.
You are done!
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Keeper Decagon

*As the scything beams of energy from the DT Array dissipated, the Void aperture was all that remained of the Black Hole. Spacetime worked hard to try and stitch itself back together, but not before four entities came surging out of the Void itself. It would seem impossible to most that anything could survive in the Void, but the absence of time basically preserved the entities since they were swallowed up by its nothingness.*

The Lost One: ...I... LIVE... AGAIN...

*The three other entities awakened shortly after they were separated from the Lost One's grip.*

Prolific Amber: Ugh... my head hurts...

Tender Corona: What happened...?

Persistent Harmony: We... we have been brought back from the very maw of the Void... but how?

Prolific Amber: *Spotting the Lost One nearby, she readies herself in an instant.* Heads up, looks like our foe came with us!

Persistent Harmony: We can't beat it... it is just too strong.

Tender Corona: Wait, do you feel that? There is something approaching... something big.

*Out of nowhere, a vast ship appeared, but it was no mere vessel; at its core, a large eye focused on the weakened form of the Lost One.*

???: AT LAST, THE LOST ONE HAS BEEN RETURNED TO US. MY MASTERS WILL BE PLEASED.

*The gigantic entity noticed the three Crystallids huddled nearby.*

???: HAHAHA, YOU CAN RUN ALONG AND TELL YOUR PRISMATIC THAT YOU HAVE FAILED, PITIFUL CREATURES!

*In the blink of an eye, the mysterious machine and the Lost One were gone.*

Prolific Amber: This is not good. Come on, there should be a Starfire nearby. Let's hope Flare is willing to believe we're not so dead after all.

GoodMorning

<Sensor>: Hmm... The power in that beam is significant. <Harvester>, the bleed-off from that is going to cause a lot of collateral damage. Do you think we should tap it?

<Harvester>: We'd better. But that beam gives ... whoever ... an easy way to detect folding along it. It'll be tricky to tap the waste without arousing suspicion. Then again, nobody else seems to use more than the clumsiest of warp devices. Maybe it's because Rift travel is so much easier here.

<Twister>, arriving: <Harvester>, are you planning to -

<Harvester>: Yes. And you help will be appreciated, friend.

<Sensor>: This kind of expenditure can't be a frequent undertaking. What's going on? Why now?

<Twister>: No idea. But if anyone can find out, it's you. But, if you'll excuse us while you look...

(<Sensor> leaves to find <Analyser> as the others begin some serious warp-tunneling.)

(Time passes, and the beam shuts down. Most of the complex is busy channeling the harvested energy, and Envy takes a pocketed sample of the beam-bleed for his own study. <Analyser> is nowhere to be found, though this is not unexpected. <Sensor> keeps looking.)

(<Analyser> has been working with a warp partition to examine the convergence point of the beams. As <Sensor> approaches, a variety of threadlike warps are passed over.)

<Analyser>: Ah, <Sensor>. You will want to see this.

(As <Sensor> feels out the structure - one of it's own design, as it turns out - <Analyser> shifts them closer to the convergence site.)

<Sensor>: Thanks for waiting for me. Mind if I tweak this structure a little?

(<Sensor> doesn't wait for an answer, and doesn't get one. They know each other well enough that there's no point, and <Sensor>'s skills are unparalleled when it comes to fine spatial weaving. Several ingenious and counterintuitive space-folds later, the two minds feel almost as if they are present. They rapidly begin to wish they weren't.)

<Sensor>: Please tell me that that's not ...

<Analyser>: A <ripple>? I can't. That's the death-cry of a significant-size singularity. We'll be fortunate if nothing large is ejected from the galactic Core. Of all the irresponsible -

<Sensor>: What were they hoping to achieve, anyway? They've managed to disintegrate Rift Space too, and there are del-plus discontinuities both there and here. Something else odd ... it looks like a superluminal magnetospatial drive footprint. Well, that means that someone was planning for this destruction ... not that the drive would work more than once. It's still a rather neat application, though it probably set them on the wrong track entirely for true warp generation.

<Analyser>: Foolish, arrogant, irritating - ... Do they realise what they've done? This mess will take a million years to resolve itself without help! They clearly don't understand what they're doing - though they think they do.

(Analyser pauses, and calms itself. A nasty thought occurs to it...)

<Analyser>: Not that I have ever fallen into that trap. Ahem. Still, that model works well enough in the short term, and they clearly weren't worried about the ongoing effects. I see why the station caretaker feared a Rift Space rupture ... it was probably wondering how we hadn't destroyed the entire galactic arm yet. I hope that "Garnet" remembered to downplay our technology.

<Sensor>: First things first. We need <Twister>. And "Garnet".

<Analyser>: Sorry? <Twister> will need help with stabilising this mess, but we can supply that. Why "Garnet"?

(<Sensor> indicates the only mass-formed objects left within the destruction, currently weaving frantically past the tears spreading through the local hypervolume.)

<Sensor>: Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those Crystallids? At the least, we would do well to let Flare know. I'd advise getting them out, too. We'd be in trouble if a discontinuity like that caught us. A material entity won't stand a chance.

<Analyser>: I'll stabilise that area, then. You get the others.

(<Sensor> departs, just catching a thought only half-intended to be heard...)

<Analyser>: And hope they're not too busy with the harvest.

OOC

I do hope I'm not intruding too much upon what seems to be a carefully-planned arc.

Also, the discontinuities will cause some rather impressive light-rimmed "cracks" to spread out form the rupture point. Narrative loves a light show.
[close]