Hiigara Defence Force

Started by Keeper Decagon, October 12, 2016, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Benevolent Emerald

Greetings, Emerald. We hope this is not a bad time, is this conversation inconvenient? We are trying to set up something of a communication schedule with Solar Envy, so that the two of you can speak with a minimum of relaying delays. If there are more pressing matters, would we be able to help?

(OOC: Subjective ignorance can have impressive results... One group doesn't know that there's a fight in progress, another hadn't been told that Envy is alive...)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Benevolent Emerald: S-Solar Envy? B-but... how? I thought he w-was dead!

*A few moments of silence passes as Emerald composes herself.*

Benevolent Emerald: I'm sorry, I d-didn't expect to hear that Envy was s-still alive. He must have s-survived the Rift Energy cascade somehow...

Benevolent Emerald: One of G-GalCorp's hunting fleets has found us... the fight is raging right n-now. I am overseeing repairs of the Falcon Renegades' base, b-but luckily the process is m-mostly automated.

Benevolent Emerald: D-Don't worry, Prismatic Flare and Commander Cobalt are... handling the s-situation.

Benevolent Emerald: But if Envy is alive... that explains why P-Prismatic Flare acted so strangely earlier. I must s-speak to Envy as soon as possible, kind Rising Star friends. I will make sure our c-conversation won't be interrupted.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Prismatic Placid Flare, Benevolent Emerald

In that case... We e will arrange a ... surprise ... for your opposition, to arrive in about three minutes. It may trouble Cobalt, however, should he retain his larger size. When the stars flare, you will wish to accelerate toward the GalCorp fleet with all speed, and you will be minimally affected. Remaining stationary will cause you to move with the GalCorp fleet, though you should be able to remove from the relevant volume with reasonable grace, though perhaps limited comfort.

We will set about contacting Solar Envy again, but that conversation will soon shift into the technical, and you seem to have more pressing concerns. Let us know when you are ready.

A little light-lag backtracing, and we have watched your previous path. You have done well, and your opposition could have been rather more diplomatic. To that end, we will warn your opponents of their forthcoming ... displacement?

x Rising Star
o GalCorp Fleet Command

Greetings.

While your instructions are doubtless clear, we desire conversation with those whom you are attacking. To that end, we will be moving your fleet some distance, and temporarily disturbing Rift Space.

We consider it courteous to converse with you before damaging or destroying your fleet more than nominally. To that end, you may like to examine the safety advice at the end of this message. You may also wish to note that the phased warp array you are about to experience requires considerable effort to avoid your destruction during transit; and reflect upon this before returning to your current course. "Thought before action, discussion before decision." A former GalCorp "motto", well considered at the time.

The aforementioned safety advice:
In order to minimise damage to the the larger structures in your command vessel, we suggest that you accelerate toward your present opposition as soon as you see the stars flare. Your organic forms will be minimally affected, but the structure of larger hulls will need testing, and any pressurised vessels are best to have to be in mid-range tolerances and buffered.

Keeper Decagon

Benevolent Emerald: P-Prismatic! Did you-?

Placid Flare: Yes, I did. Attention all vessels, engage a full engine burn towards the GalCorp ships!

Crystallid Lieutenant Dark Opal: Are you sure that is a good idea, Prismatic?

Placid Flare: Do it NOW! Cobalt, how is-?

Observant Cobalt: I'm a little busy here, if you can't tell!

Benevolent Emerald: Prismatic, Commander Cobalt is still s-stuck in the enemy Super-Capital Ship!

Placid Flare: The stars are beginning to flare, just as they said... COBALT!

Observant Cobalt: What?! ...hold on, what is... uh oh-

*Space warps and reality flickers, Cobalt and the GalCorp Super-Capital still intertwined. As the Rising Star "surprise" begins forcefully displacing the GalCorp ships, it encapsulates both of the two hulking giants and immediately threatens to warp them away. With counteracting propulsion, they were practically immobile; the warped space begins to tear at them both...*

Placid Flare: NO! I REFUSE TO LET YOU TAKE HIM TOO!

*Flare encased Cobalt and the Super-Capital in a vast bubble, temporarily removing them from the spacetime tearing itself apart around them. Her body flared to shine like a beacon as she pulled the two titanic entities from the brink of destruction, keeping them locked in stasis until the phased warp array had finished its sweep of the GalCorp fleet. The moment she released them, Cobalt tore the Super-Capital in half, tossing the remains aside.*

Placid Flare: ...

Benevolent Emerald: P-Prismatic! Are you alright?

Placid Flare: ...yes... I just... need to... regenerate...

Benevolent Emerald: Of course! Opal, Quartz, p-please come help the Prismatic back to the Starfire! Don't worry, P-Prismatic, I will handle the discussions with Envy...

Observant Cobalt: All remaining ships, establish a perimeter! I don't want those damned GalCorp ships creeping up on us!

Benevolent Emerald: ...and it looks like C-Commander Cobalt has things in order over there too. Rising Star friends, let us b-begin this discussion. The sooner, the b-better...
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Convergence Recipient

Apologies for the mess. We had thought that Cobalt might return to his normal form to disengage - our understanding is clearly flawed. We will make explanations to GalCorp about their supercapital.

We have set up a private channel for you to converse with Envy. As we had the long-range warp generators configured for that displacement, we have augmented the channel. You should be able to converse in almost real-time.

Would you take it amiss if we asked you to salvage the fragments of the supercapital, and return any surviving crew to their fleet? We prefer to remain on speaking terms with any group we encounter, if possible - and GalCorp can be ... "touchy" seems to be the closest word in this vernacular.

x Rising Star
o GalCorp Fleet (Remnants)

We apologise for the fate of your command ship. Had all gone according to plan, your fleet would have smoothly been removed from the volume. As it is, the largest ships in each fleet remained locked together. Following Crystallid intervention, they were not destroyed by this, but they continued their battle - to no good for either. We have requested the return of all surviving crew members to you.

We had intended to converse with you after the transit, but will understand if you would prefer to be elsewhere.

cpaca

To: Rising Star

You're the only other corporation that comes to mind that has messed with time.
It appears as though there were space-time rips.
Was that you?
It seems a more effective weapon in small fights like that, compared to... making an entire solar system vanish.

If that wasn't you, there may be bigger problems going on.
I assume you were looking at the battle around Spaartan's area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Spaartan

I have developed another ship.
This ship is strong and has been tested for several good uses.
It's small, with a big hole inside of it. Yes, you guessed, it's designed to be a station for an Energy mine.
However, it can defend itself very well.

Armed with eight sprayers, the defense is incredible.
It also has 3 dischargers, so Stunners are no problem.
It has 32 lasers and 4 particle beams. If, somehow, they pass through all the mess that is the sprayers, that will stop them.
But if a ship rams, the final defense:
If you use Standard-Grade AMPGem Upgrades [Basically, the ones used by default] the Defensive struc will defend the bottom two layers of armor. The top layer is on its own, but, again, the bottom 2 layers of the shell has Defensive struc under it.

I call it the EMD - The Enemy Mine Defender.

In the end, it can be destroyed with a good MK7 shot or if it is shot down early, as that is when it is weak.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Fourth Wall Breaking Spaartan
Secondary recipients: The Fourth Wall

Instructions on How to add a ship w/ Ship modules

Instructions for: The EMD [Energy Mine Defender]

Step 1: Download the ship [the .dat file]
Step 2: Download the ShipModule script [Litterally the most important script]
Step 3: Download the Sprayer script
Step 4: Go into the game.
Step 5: Go to "Custom Images" [right side of screen]
Step 6: Click the 128x128 on the top
Step 7: Click "Select" under Custom10_128
Step 8: Use the attached image as Custom10_128
Step 9: Download the Adder script
Step 10: Create a PRPL core. Any settings you want, it just needs the ShipModule script and the Adder [in this case, EMDAdder script]

To test that it works:

Spawn in the EMD ship.
Make sure it is named EMD

If it spawns with the Custom Modules on it, it works.

If it does not have custom modules, check you did all the steps correctly. If you do that, then tell me something's wrong and I'll try to figure it out.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Custom Module Creators (Communications Dept.)

Greetings.

We have observed localised discontinuities caused by the interactions with the 'warp cannon', but these will rapidly decay.

What do you refer to by "making an entire solar system vanish"? Are you asking if we could, if we did, if we would, or if we save seen such an event?

x Rising Star
o Falcon Renegades

Greetings to you. We apologise for the delay in talking with you further, but have been considering a proposal. Your current base inside a Hyperdome makes you uniquely suited to testing a device we are developing. However, this remains experimental technology, and we appreciate that you may well be hesitant to participate. The offer is made, however; and we are happy to answer any questions you have about this.

Spaartan

x Falcon Renegades
o Rising Star

Greetings as well, we wouldn't mind you experimenting inside our sector. The only thing I wish to know is if there are any safety issues. I just need to make sure my men are safe from harm.

OOC
Sorry about the fight, I wasn't able to showcase the Archimedes due to things I had to do. I'll go and try to show it later on in the story
[close]
At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

cpaca

OOC: I Typed this on mobile

No, we do not think you could make a solar system vanish, Though maybe you could.

I was talking about my Super nuke.
Transferring everything in 1 parsec 5 years in the future.

Looks as if it vanishes.
(Look up what a parsec is)
(It's about 3 lightyears, far larger than a solar system)

Anyway,
Was that a yes or a no?
The main question was if you caused it.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 14, 2017, 12:34:38 AM
We have set up a private channel for you to converse with Envy. As we had the long-range warp generators configured for that displacement, we have augmented the channel. You should be able to converse in almost real-time.

Would you take it amiss if we asked you to salvage the fragments of the supercapital, and return any surviving crew to their fleet? We prefer to remain on speaking terms with any group we encounter, if possible - and GalCorp can be ... "touchy" seems to be the closest word in this vernacular.

Benevolent Emerald: Of c-course! Nebulous Topaz, could you and your t-team of Mineral Harvesters try and rescue any GalCorp survivors? It'd b-be better not to aggravate them more through the loss of so many crew...

Nebulous Topaz: You got it, boss. Heading out.

[CDR] Alissa Skye: ...agh, someone get me a damage report! Another transmission? Let's hear it...

Quotex Rising Star
o GalCorp Fleet (Remnants)

We apologise for the fate of your command ship. Had all gone according to plan, your fleet would have smoothly been removed from the volume. As it is, the largest ships in each fleet remained locked together. Following Crystallid intervention, they were not destroyed by this, but they continued their battle - to no good for either. We have requested the return of all surviving crew members to you.

We had intended to converse with you after the transit, but will understand if you would prefer to be elsewhere.

[CDR] Alissa Skye: I wouldn't be surprised if those savages killed our crews outright. It wouldn't be the first time.

Overwatch: D.A.I. coming back online. Minor structural integrity damage detected.

[CDR] Alissa Skye: Good. All ships, those that remain able to fly, gather around the D.A.I. and protect it with your lives whilst I figure out our next step. Looks like we've been dumped a good few million miles away from the Hyperdome.

[CDR] Alissa Skye: Rising Star, know that your intervention in this matter will not be taken lightly. Neutrality only lasts until you prevent the course of justice! You will also be charged for the full cost of that Super-Capital, a mere 70 billion credits.

Overwatch: Targets identified. Incoming high-speed objects. Signature consistent with escape pods with Falcon Renegade markings.

[CDR] Alissa Skye: Hold your fire. Scan those objects... they're filled with humans, you say? Are... are these our surviving crews? Huh. Never expected that. Cruisers, collect the pods immediately.

Overwatch: Threat level raised: Level 5 Warning in Effect. Reinforcements inbound.

[CDR] Alissa Skye: The Crystallids fulfilled their side of the bargain... we will hold position here until I say otherwise.

Benevolent Emerald: The c-connection is looking steady... hello? Envy, are you there?

Solar Envy: Emerald, my child, it is so good to hear your voice. We have a lot to discuss.

Benevolent Emerald: I'm glad you're alright! The P-Prismatic has been quite overwhelmed by knowing y-you're alive!

Solar Envy: Well, I can't say I'm totally alright... I took quite the beating during the energy cascade. I was sure I'd be done for, until I opened my eyes to see I was face-to-face with a most intriguing creature, in an alien universe. The Vitastrae, they called themselves.

Benevolent Emerald: B-But we have to figure out a way to bring you b-back.

Solar Envy: Kind Emerald, I know you and the others want me to return... but this universe holds so much wonder. I have explored far and wide in our reality... this one promises knowledge beyond what our home offers. Surely you, of all Crystallids, would understand why I could decide to stay.

Benevolent Emerald: Yes... I m-myself am also curious what that realm holds... but...

Solar Envy: I know, young one. Placid will do whatever it takes to bring me back, she is quite determined. Unfortunately, my body retains much of the residual energy from the cascade, and I fear that my return to our reality will result in my immediate obliteration.

Benevolent Emerald: Quantum equalization... but c-couldn't this energy be used to fuel a Titan-form t-transformation upon return, to dissipate the energy in a much m-more controlled fashion?

Solar Envy: I have considered it, but I am far too weak in my current state... the long years of torture at the hands of the Collective has taken its toll on my body. Perhaps... hm. You remember the Rift Hypertunneling Theory, correct?

Benevolent Emerald: Yes, I do... Are you s-suggesting we try to punch a hole in the Rift fabric to-

Solar Envy: ...to create a hyperspatial wormhole between this dimension and the Rift, yes. That could perhaps allow my transition into Rift Space without suffering too much harm, provided we don't damage the dimensional boundary and accidentally get sucked into the Void. it's just the final step back into normal space that would be tricky.

Benevolent Emerald: Actually, what if we use Rift Totems t-to recreate the environment in which you were p-pulled through the dimensional boundary? That could allow you t-to entirely dissipate the remaining residual energy into the f-fabric of spacetime around the tunnel, rather than into your b-body...

Solar Envy: I always knew you were a smart one, Emerald! Theoretically, this could work... but we need some serious technology for that. Technology that disappeared with most of the Convergence during the Hydraxil Invasion. The Rising Star, however, appears to be very technologically advanced... as if they don't belong in this time.

Benevolent Emerald: We might j-just be able to pull this off! I'm sure Prismatic Flare would be happy!

Solar Envy: One step at a time, young one. I will contact the Rising Star about our proposition... perhaps they can provide us with the technology we need to put the theory into practice.

cpaca

I have a pretty long battle I have planned out, openning up a map I made as well as putting into use the Super-nuke.

Please stay calm until full details are revealed.

For the sake of time, I use no images for the Gems.

Pre-Info

cpaca: I was wondering if I could follow a group of mineral harvesters to see how it's like being a lower rank as a Crystallid.
Flare: All right. But I have two requests:
cpaca: Yes?
Flare: Give full access to everything that happens...
Flare: And go to the attached coordinates.
cpaca: All right...
Flare: You seem like something's wrong.
cpaca: No, it's fine. Was just running scans to see which planet that was, and if it is being guarded by anything.
Flare: Ah. All right.
[close]

going to the planet...

[cpaca tells a story about particles]
OOC: Let's assume these are Harvesters - But not necessarily Topaz's group [I assume Topaz is not your only mineral harvester... Yeah it says that in the description]
Harvester: That's a cool story about particles.
cpaca: Indeed, I would agree.
Is it normally like this, peace, calm, etc.
Harvester. Yes, the route is usually set up right.
cpaca: Set up right? How is it usually set up? To get there ASAP? To get there without being assault-
Computer systems: Alert. Galcorp is assaulting.
cpaca: Oh, shoot.
cpaca: Stay here as long as possible. They want you. If you flee, my plan won't work.
Don't worry, I'll protect you.
cpaca: Ships: Flank AROUND them and destroy the Rift engines! We need to get out of here before-
Computer: Ten minutes until five supercapitals rift in.
GalCorp: We aren't taking chances this time, fool.
cpaca: Shoot.... Quickly! There's NO TIME to kill them! Only go for the rift-engines!
Computer: They appear to be regenerative ships. They regenerate after they have been killed.
cpaca: Exactly! KILL THE RIFT ENGINES!

Computer: Enemy rift engines down.
cpaca: WARP OUT! NOW!
HARVESTER, YOU TOO! OUT! NOW!*
unless you're fine with dying here, all right then.
cpaca: Computer. Drop the nuke. 30 second delay. Then warp out.
Harvester: Warp out!
GalCorp Computers: Rift Engines down.  No warp. One minute needed to repair rift engines.
Galcorp SuperCapitals: We have warped in!
Galcorp ships: Get out! NOW! Extremely powerful bomb!
Galcorp SuperCapitals: I know we shouldn't have used the weaker engines.
Galcorp Ships: What?
Galcorp SuperCapitals: We used the weaker engines. If we try to warp out, the Rift engine will overheat and the molecules will be spread across the Galaxy.
It also takes 1 minute to cool down.
Galcorp ships and Supercapitals: Good life, I guess...
One minute passes...
cpaca: Scan the area.
Computer: Image of the area:

[close]

Communications

OOC: This is english without vowels. If you don't get it, one line says "Hmm. Possible side effects of the supernuke I used. I never got to test long-distance communications aftereffects"
OOC: It would be difficult for me to decode, too. I didn't save the non-encrypted version XD
cpc: Sprtn, lrg ttck -
Sprtn: Ys, I knw. I ws wtchng.
Wht's wth th sgnl?
cpc: Hmm. pssbl ffcts f th sprnk I sd. I nvr gt t tst cmmnctns vr lng-dstnc nd ftr ffcts
Sprtn: Ah. Y ddn't knw, I prsm?
cpc: I thght tht ws bvs.
Cblt: Y hd tht wpn nd y nvr tld s?! W cld hv sd t!
cpc: Ah, kll yrslvs, yr nw lls, nd ny crystlld y brght fr n sngl sprcptl? Tht wll b fn.
Thr's n frnd r f n th wpn.
Cblt: Fr pnt.
Stll, t my b sfl n sm pnt.
I ssm t's nn-rsbl.
cpc: Yh, nn-rsbl.
And n, y dn't gt n. Only tw xst n th nvrs nw, bt I'm tryng t mk mr.
[close]

At the planet

Harvesters: Darn. It appears this land has been taken. Maybe a short scan would be nice.
cpaca: All right...
cpaca: Computer, activate code 1111- 1010 - 1011 - 1110 - Ultimate disguise
Computer: Activating Ultimate Disguise...
Computer, on the screen [but the harvesters can't read it]
Computer: Code 1111 - 1010 - 1011 - 1110 - Command ignored. No disguise activated.
cpaca: Now, Harvesters, let's go in.
Harvesters: This is interesting. First, your disguise is strong, and second, that's a lot of particles... even disguised from them.
cpaca: I can't believe you fell for it. I own this planet. I used no disguise whatsoever.
Harvesters: You're serious?
cpaca: Yep.
Harvesters: That's honestly a pretty funny prank.
Harvesters: Anyway, we came here for minerals. Are there any?
cpaca: The entire planet is made of this crystal.
[hands one over]
Harvesters: Interesting.
Computer: Path back no longer possible. Galcorp blocking way.
cpaca: Engineers, is the superthruster ready?
Engineers: Yep!
Harvesters: What?
cpaca: First, put that crystal in a box. Measure how much crystal is in the box, and make sure to give the box light. You'll be amazed later.
OOC: It doesn't need light to regrow, but light speeds it up.
Harvesters: All right.
cpaca: Also, don't fill any box full of the crystal. It will explode.
Harvesters: O.o.
cpaca: Leave about 60% of the box empty.
Harvesters: Back to the superthruster. How does it work?
cpaca: Well, when you take the crystal to 2500C, it turns into Uranium. We suspect it also makes hydrogen gas, but that's because after that it only requires 1000C heat.
Uranium, Nuclear Reactor, and the crystal makes a better battery than a Lithium-Oxygen battery.
So just make all the floor rubber and turn the entire planet into a battery. The piece I gave you has no charge in it, it came from a special dispenser. Removes all the energy then spits it out.
Harvesters: Interesting.
What are we going to do about GalCorp?
cpaca: The superthruster can push the entire planet, but slowly. The distance we covered in 1 hour from rifting [plus about 10 minutes battle]? Now it will take 24 hours.
Harvesters: We better make ourselves comfortable.
cpaca: Yes, indeed. I will send a message to Spaartan then the planet will start moving.
[close]

cpaca and Spaartan, private channel.

OOC: This is something for Decagon and Spaartan to react to. I want to know how you react for the 24 hours [or less, depending on what spaartan does]
cpaca: Spaartan?
Spaartan: Yes?
cpaca: Planet incoming. Coordinates, speed, acceleration rate, planned destination, deceleration rate, and size are attached.  It's owned by me. Better get out though.
Spaartan: ...
cpaca: Too much to take? The planet will arive in about 24 hours. The nearby Galcorp fleet at these coordinates [REDACTED] will either disperse, or collide with the planet in 8 hours. The nearby meteor strike [Meteor info attached] will be laser'd by the planet in about 16 hours.
Spaartan: ...
cpaca: Good luck. Planet leaving now.
Spaartan: HEY! I NE-
cpaca: -channel closed-
Spaartan: -ED time to think about this. Well, I have 24 hours. That should be enough.
[close]

Back at base

*crashing sounds*
Spaartan: Thanks.
cpaca: For what?
Spaartan: Also, I hate you.
cpaca: ????
Spaartan: Don't close it like that on me again. But thanks for killing the Galcorp fleet which rifted in right infront of the planet.
cpaca: Oh.
Spaartan: Also, some other sounds were just testing some materals to see how strong it is in impact and, presumably, from the deceleration.
cpaca: Ah.
*Recording shut*
[close]

What happened after the recording shut

cpaca: Flare, here's the recording you asked for.
Flare: Thank you.
cpaca: Harvesters,
Harvesters: Yes, we noticed. Wow, that's amazing! The box with light is now 12.1% full while the one without light is 11% full. Both boxes are a cubic meter.
OOC: The function for growth is about 10% growth every 12 hours with light, every 24 hours without light.
cpaca: That would be something interesting for the researchers.
cpaca: Flare, would you mind if I get the research you get from [holds crystal] this crystal? The planet is made entirely of it and the Harvesters brought some, and you can clearly see one property of the crystal, which you got from the Harvesters, I presume.
Flare: ... All right. If, you tell me how you fueled the planet's engines. The amount of energy required looks impressive, as well as storing all that energy.
cpaca: Easy. The crystal set to 2500C from fire will turn into hydrogen and uranium. Keep 1000C it and the hydrogen will heat it up more, the uranium used in a nuclear reactor. The crystal alone is an amazing energy storage, and then just connect it to generators.
Flare: That's an interesting property. You can have the research we gain from this crystal.
cpaca: All right.
[close]

secret stuff you should know

Turning 1111 - 1010 - 1011 - 1110 into Hexadecimal gets you F-A-B-E. However, K is the 11th letter of the alphabet, so rearanging so B is 11 with hex-to-dec converter, and then putting K instead of 11, you get F-A-K-E.
[close]

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Solar Envy, Prismatic Placid Flare, Benevolent Emerald

Your proposal is intriguing. We have not worked extensively with Rift Space, but have experience with dimensional bridging techniques. It is also possible that we could, for want of a better term, "catch" Envy in order to dissipate the energies. Shall we collaborate on techniques while Envy convalesces? We are also attempting to create a reliable method of transit to that plane, if that makes a difference to your discussions.

(OOC: Decagon, the name "Rising Star" doesn't have "Collective" on the end only because that could cause confusion with the Hydraxil. Hence, "the" makes little sense without the word "Collective", as it is being attached to a plural.)

x Rising Star
o Commander Alissa Skye

Again, apologies for the damage. Regarding "justice", we invite you to review this communications log of the Crystallids of their first four interactions with GalCorp. Then speak to us of neutrality. With that said, we would appreciate knowing what your instructions and briefing have been, as you seem to be telling a very different tale.

Now, forgive us if this next sentence misuses corporate vernacular: Send the bill to Legislator Hale, against our account. You will find it more than equal to the drain.

However, our intent was to prevent further deaths on either side. We erred, and were unable to save those who have not returned to you. As a token of good faith, we offer your fleet specifically a similar ... "goojfc" doesn't translate ... "escape", then ... should you require it.

For a fairly nominal consideration, we can also assist with real-space transit acceleration, to the tune of 50Kc, stackable for a small "fee" (as you call it). This is an ongoing offer, but is (you will understand) void if we are attacked.

(OOC: Rising Star is still waiting on a delivery from GalCorp, following the Excalibur incident. This is a fraction of that balance.)

x Rising Star
o Custom Module Creators

We have not caused such a disturbance anywhere you would have observed it. How safe is this transit device? The ability to disappear in vacuum would be helpful.

x Rising Star
o Falcon Renegades

The item we wish to test is designed to create a near "pocket dimension", and the structure of the Hyperdome, with the single "exit" it now possesses, would lend itself to the task. The structure is necessary for the other device we wish to experiment with, which would manipulate the joining point of the "door". The practical result would be a "hidey-hole" fortress with superluminal transit speeds.

Again, we will stress the term "experimental".
(OOC:
Spaartan, sorry about that - I shouldn't be getting in your way. Would you like the Archimedes delivered anywhere specific?
cpaca, if this tech works, it may be used elsewhere to gobble a system or two for the raw materials.)

cpaca

My reply from before has been updated.
Now, to mail...

To: Rising star

How "safe"?
Define "safe"
It acts as a wormhole, just infinitely expanding as space-time works harder and harder to fix itself.
If you mean the distance of "1 parsec" as safe, I would say it's not. It can vary by 9.461e+11 kilometers, about 10% of a lightyear.
If you mean transit of items as safe, I haven't tested. The molecules may spread around the galaxy, or mix together. It's meant to be a weapon. Safe in that regard, I don't care.
If you mean the activation of the weapon is safe? The scanner works only from a command from either me or Spaartan, using many levels of encryption, including the physical non-DNA test [the eyes, fingerprint, height with a safeholder for growth] and the mental test [What neurons in the mind go what when what happens?] [Answer these questions] and several other things I prefer to keep secret to avoid hacking and detonating a supernuke.
If you mean safe as in safe storage?
Mine is definitely safe.
Spaartan's, I don't know.
And the third one was detonated just before I sent this.
You seem curious about the supernuke.

More stuff to talk about.
I don't actually know much of your technology.
Spaartan told me about the pocket-dimension.
Seeing that, I thought of setting a small box, filling it with particles, sending it at superluminal transit speeds [like you said] and then it hopefully lands in a command core and particles the crap out of it.

Any other technology that would be nice when comboed with Particles?

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Custom Module Creators

We had thought to adapt the technology to allow ourselves to 'vanish' to a point some three months later, should we so require.

Much can be combined with particles. However, our main use for Particulate would be as a regenerating structural component.

cpaca

Quote from: RisingStar on September 14, 2017, 07:50:55 PM
a regenerating structural component.

I'm surprised we forgot about that.

That feels like simple technology to make. It exists in Redacted space.
I believe it's known as a "Doppel"

Hmm, adapting the technology for a shorter time seems easier. Both sides would have to be modified, though.
But now I think what you mean by "Safe"
You mean "safe" as in it can stay open for a long time.
My design is not like that. The wormhole intentionally self-destructs so that as soon as the enemy passes through the wormhole, they cannot go back.

You'll need to make a new design for that. The weapon works by constantly feeding it exotic matter at an increasing, and quickly alarming rate. You'll have to keep testing until you have the correct rate.
Attached to this message is the amount of Exotic matter applied over the entire second, last half-second, quarter-second, and last 1/10^x for x from 2 to 10.
Accuracy of numbers goes down five digits, except for times smaller than 10^10000 where it progressively decreases down to no decimal digits.

That should help you avoid from... super-nuking yourself, though.