Hiigara Defence Force

Started by Keeper Decagon, October 12, 2016, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaartan

---At the Aguila HQ---
Cpt. Spaartan: Hmm, Crystallids? Sounds like something I heard of before but I was never sure if they were real. This could be a trap made by the Hydraxil Collective. We still need to check if they are real, who knows, maybe it is the real Convergence! Send Admiral Lexx Ab- oh yeah... he went after that other signal. Well then, Uriel!

Lt. Uriel Vert: Uhh-Yes Sir?

Cpt. Spaartan: I need you to investigate the supposed Convergence at the coordinates of this wreckage.

Lt. Uriel Vert: Can I bring an Eag-

Cpt. Spaartan: No, and I will make your HQ. I am allowing you access to several Vulture and Sparrow class ships alongside tankers and other ships already under your possession.

Lt. Uriel Vert: Noted.

Cpt. Spaartan: Wait, now that I think of it, this could be big. I am allowing you access to the Pheonix, hopefully they recognize the Seloi technology.

Lt. Uriel Vert: YES! Uhhh-I meant thanks, sir!

Cpt. Spaartan: Heh, alright then, now start preparations.
At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

Spaartan

Uriel Vert: All set, and ready to go!

Spaartan: I hope you're able to bring back the actual convergence, we could use some help with the Hydraxil, assuming that they aren't allies.

Uriel Vert: Ok, I won't let you down sir!

Spaartan: By the way, always keep an eye out for GalCorp, they might be there too. Also you'll be promoted to Admiral if you bring back the leader of the Crystallids.

Uriel Vert: What?

Spaartan: Oh nothing, good luck!

Uriel Vert: Alright then, crew prepare to jump to said coordinates in 3...2...1... Jump!

Keeper Decagon

OOC
That's quite the task force... you'd best hope that you don't spook Cobalt. ;)
[close]
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Prismatic Placid Flare

Greetings to the Convergence, and to you personally.

A friend of friends asked us to relay this to you specifically:

QuoteMight those chips of light be stars?

Related to this acquaintance, we believe that we have much to discuss with you. We assume you know what this message means?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Previous Transmission
Quote from: GoodMorning on September 01, 2017, 09:14:34 PM
x Rising Star
o Prismatic Placid Flare

Greetings to the Convergence, and to you personally.

A friend of friends asked us to relay this to you specifically:

QuoteMight those chips of light be stars?

Related to this acquaintance, we believe that we have much to discuss with you. We assume you know what this message means?
[close]

----Transmission Incoming----

>GalCorp Encryption Disabled<

>Speaker: Placid Flare<

Message reads:
QuoteWarmest greetings, kind Rising Star friends. I would like to...

Wait, that message... could it be...?

No... no! That isn't possible! He... he can't have...

*static*

You are correct about the fact we need to talk, Rising Star. If there  is any chance he is still... I...

I hope you can provide me with the answers I now seek. A private communication channel will be arranged shortly.

*static*

>Message Ended<

----Transmission Received----
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Spaartan

---On the HQ of Lt. Vert---

Uriel Vert: Okay, we're near our destination. Send a message towards the Convergence.

Engineer: Yes sir.
Message reads:
Greetings Convergence, this is Lieutenant Uriel Vert of the Falcon Renegades. We received your message and we are heading your way. We are also not on good terms with GalCorp, you can trust us. By the way, do you know anything about the Hydraxil Collective? We are currently enemies with them and we could use some help fighting them.
---Message sent---

Uriel Vert: Good. Crew, stay behind, only my ship and the Pheonix will move forward. Just be on guard in case something happens.

Crew: Yes sir.

Uriel Vert: Well, let's get to it.

OOC
Sorry I took so long, had errands  :P
[close]

Keeper Decagon

Greetings Convergence, this is Lieutenant Uriel Vert of the Falcon Renegades. We received your message and we are heading your way. We are also not on good terms with GalCorp, you can trust us. By the way, do you know anything about the Hydraxil Collective? We are currently enemies with them and we could use some help fighting them.

Observant Cobalt: Hold it right there! Did you think bringing battleships to greet us was the way to diplomacy!?

Placid Flare: Cobalt, calm yourself. We can't afford to drive potential allies away.

Observant Cobalt: Hrmph, fine. But if they make one wrong move, I'll tear them apart!

Benevolent Emerald: P-Prismatic? The lead s-ship... it uses Seloi technology.

Placid Flare: Really? Curious. See if you can align the communications array so we may speak with them.

Benevolent Emerald: Ok... the s-signal looks stable! I am opening a channel!

Placid Flare: Greetings, kind Lieutenant Vert. I am Placid Flare, the Prismatic of the Crystallid Convergence. In your terms, I am the leader of our race... what is left of our race, anyhow. I see you use Seloi technologies on your flagship, so I wonder, are you the descendants of the Seloi?

Observant Cobalt: Oh, and we know plenty about the Collective too, those damned robotic bast-

Placid Flare: Cobalt!

Observant Cobalt: Fine, fine! I'll contain myself. Anyway, why would we share what we know with you? Are you going to help us?

(OOC: I hope the portraits aren't too obnoxious. :P I just wanted to add a little something more, a visual aid (if you will), for the conversation. They're super basic, since I'm no artist, but they work as character portraits as if conversing with them in-game. ;))

GoodMorning

OOC: For my part, character art doesn't help at this point. But to each their own.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Spaartan

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on September 03, 2017, 06:01:38 PM

Placid Flare: Greetings, kind Lieutenant Vert. I am Placid Flare, the Prismatic of the Crystallid Convergence. In your terms, I am the leader of our race... what is left of our race, anyhow. I see you use Seloi technologies on your flagship, so I wonder, are you the descendants of the Seloi?

Ah, first of all, thank you for not shooting at us, that would have been very unintelligible. We are not descendants of the Seloi sadly, but we did inherit these from someone of Seloi descent. We met him after a skirmish with a GalCorp fleet we were once a part of. He was cornered by particulate infested ships but luckily, our Captain decided to save him, since we had nothing to lose. He then took us to his home, which became our base of operations. The old man died though, he looked older than everything that existed. He told our Captain, Spaartan, to take care of his home, which we did. We never knew he was of Seloi descent until a recent attack from an enemy commonly known as the T-Mat. Anyways, that was just some information that I thought might be useful to you, Prismatic.

Observant Cobalt: Oh, and we know plenty about the Collective too, those damned robotic bast-

Placid Flare: Cobalt!

Don't worry Prismatic, we share the same thoughts about those toasters.

Observant Cobalt: Fine, fine! I'll contain myself. Anyway, why would we share what we know with you? Are you going to help us?

Yes, we plan on helping you get back on your... Whatever you use to move around. We came here because of your distress call and that is what I plan on doing, we wish to take you to our sector of space. It is a Seloi hyperdome, maybe you are familiar with what it is. So, are you going to let us help you, or not?

(OOC: I really appreciate the visual aid you added, much more pleasing to the eyes. I might consider trying something like that soon.)

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Spaartan on September 04, 2017, 07:10:52 AM
Ah, first of all, thank you for not shooting at us, that would have been very unintelligible. We are not descendants of the Seloi sadly, but we did inherit these from someone of Seloi descent. We met him after a skirmish with a GalCorp fleet we were once a part of. He was cornered by particulate infested ships but luckily, our Captain decided to save him, since we had nothing to lose. He then took us to his home, which became our base of operations. The old man died though, he looked older than everything that existed. He told our Captain, Spaartan, to take care of his home, which we did. We never knew he was of Seloi descent until a recent attack from an enemy commonly known as the T-Mat. Anyways, that was just some information that I thought might be useful to you, Prismatic.

Placid Flare: This man... he must have been an honourable one. And the T-Mat, you say? That's... troubling.

Observant Cobalt: Another blight on the friggin' Universe. I swear, there are too many of these evil superpowers to count.

Yes, we plan on helping you get back on your... Whatever you use to move around. We came here because of your distress call and that is what I plan on doing, we wish to take you to our sector of space. It is a Seloi hyperdome, maybe you are familiar with what it is. So, are you going to let us help you, or not?

Placid Flare: A Hyperdome, of all places? This old man you spoke of must have been a highly-ranked officer to have had access to such a structure.

Observant Cobalt: I remember having been in one once, preparing for a counterattack on the Hydraxil fleets that destroyed a major Seloi industrial colony... that was an interesting day.

Placid Flare: Lieutenant Vert, we will follow you to the Hyperdome. The GalCorp hunting fleets won't be able to find us there. I'd also like to meet and converse with this Captain Spaartan.

Benevolent Emerald: And if I m-may, I'd like to take a t-team to study the Hyperdome. I've n-never had the chance before, since they were always r-restricted for "civilians".

Spaartan

Well then, it's settled. We can jump straight to our base if you want to, or if you can. If not we will just head towards it, it's not that far away. Here are the coordinates. Regarding studying the Hyperdome, Benevolent Emerald, permission granted.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Spaartan on September 05, 2017, 05:34:07 AM
Well then, it's settled. We can jump straight to our base if you want to, or if you can. If not we will just head towards it, it's not that far away. Here are the coordinates. Regarding studying the Hyperdome, Benevolent Emerald, permission granted.

Placid Flare: We are capable of Rift travel, kind Lieutenant. We will gather ourselves and jump momentarily to the given coordinates.

Observant Cobalt: I'll take point, in case this happens to be a trap... What? Can't be too careful.

Placid Flare: Hah, you never change. You remind me of Amber sometimes.

Observant Cobalt: ...

Benevolent Emerald: Um, P-Prismatic? The fleet is aligned to j-jump.

Observant Cobalt: Engage. *Turns to Flare* Do you... do you really think so?

Placid Flare: Of course. But let us discuss this later. I'm sure these kind humans won't be interested in this subject.

*The Crystallid fleet, formed up around the Starfire, jumps into the Rift and hurtles toward the coordinates, arriving quickly at their destination.*

Spaartan

---When the Crystallids' and Vert's fleet, arrived at the Seloi Hyperdome--
Spaartan: Finally, our guests of honor have arrived. Thank you Admiral Vert!

Uriel Vert: I thought I was a- nevermind, I gladly accept the promotion!

Spaartan: Good to see you smile Uriel, anyways, greetings great Crystallid Convergence! Nice to see new faces around here. First and foremost, you may enter and exit this place at any time you like, Prismatic. Secondly, I heard that one of you wished to research on the Hyperdome, sure! I am actually looking for people that wish to study this place thoroughly. Lastly, you can have access to any and all records we have. But, even though I have heard stories of your great race as a kid, I must still set some ground rules. Do not attack the HDF if you ever meet them, they are our strongest and most noble allies, I'm sure you'd like them Prismatic Flare. Our second and final rule is to NEVER EVER BECOME ALLIES WITH THE HYDRAXIL COLLECTIVE, we can't trust those machines, not anymore. Speaking of allies and enemies, would you consider an alliance with us? All we ask for is your help in fending off toasters err-I meant the Hydraxil Collective. Well, I believe I have said enough. I am willing to take any questions about this place and the other groups I mentioned.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Spaartan on September 06, 2017, 08:03:46 AM
Spaartan: Good to see you smile Uriel, anyways, greetings great Crystallid Convergence! Nice to see new faces around here. First and foremost, you may enter and exit this place at any time you like, Prismatic. Secondly, I heard that one of you wished to research on the Hyperdome, sure! I am actually looking for people that wish to study this place thoroughly. Lastly, you can have access to any and all records we have. But, even though I have heard stories of your great race as a kid, I must still set some ground rules. Do not attack the HDF if you ever meet them, they are our strongest and most noble allies, I'm sure you'd like them Prismatic Flare. Our second and final rule is to NEVER EVER BECOME ALLIES WITH THE HYDRAXIL COLLECTIVE, we can't trust those machines, not anymore. Speaking of allies and enemies, would you consider an alliance with us? All we ask for is your help in fending off toasters err-I meant the Hydraxil Collective. Well, I believe I have said enough. I am willing to take any questions about this place and the other groups I mentioned.

Observant Cobalt: Become allies with the Collective? HAH! I'll happily kill those things on sight! They murdered many thousands of younglings!

Placid Flare: It is true... all throughout the last Era, we had been fighting the Collective alongside our Seloi allies.

Observant Cobalt: Gather your military commanders, Captain Spaartan. I will teach them everything I know about the Collective, their weaknesses, and their strategies! I know first hand what those damned machines are capable of... and I will show your people how to tear them apart!

Placid Flare: Thank you for harbouring us, kind Captain Spaartan. Don't worry, we are not warlike; we only act in self-defense. Do you happen to be in possession of a long-range transmitter? I still have things to discuss with people... elsewhere.

Benevolent Emerald: I will t-take a bunch of our scientists to the Dome's d-data center. *She gathers her small science team into a Resonator and departs.*

Nebulous Topaz: Prismatic, may I ask the kind Captain something?

Placid Flare: Of course, Topaz, go right ahead.

Nebulous Topaz: Captain, I am but a humble Mineral Harvester, one of several in the Convergence. We would like to join whatever resourcing operations you have ongoing currently. Are you able to accommodate my fellow Harvesters and I?

Keeper Decagon

----ERRORERRORERROR----

YOU HAVE SOMETHING I SEEK

And what makes you think I'm going to give it to you willingly?

YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I THAT YOU CANNOT ESCAPE ME THIS TIME

I beg to differ. Regardless, I will not just hand it over.

WE SHALL SEE ABOUT THAT WHEN I MURDER YOUR CREW ONE BY ONE

Don't you DARE touch my crew. You promised you would leave them out of this.

IF YOU WANT TO SEE THEM AGAIN, YOU WILL GIVE ME THE BEACON

I...

MAKE YOUR CHOICE, HYTHAR

I cannot allow you to gain access to the Beacon... even if that means sacrificing the few for the good of the many...

SO BE IT! I WILL MAKE YOU WATCH AS I TEAR THE VERY SOULS FROM THE BODIES OF YOUR CREW AND TURN THEM INTO MY MINIONS!

----ERRORERRORERROR----