Hiigara Defence Force

Started by Keeper Decagon, October 12, 2016, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Equinox

:::Incoming Messge:::
:::Origin: Equinox, Silicon Nomads:::
:::Recipient: Hydroxil Collective:::

Statement: We have received your latest transmission, and acknowledge your intent to commit genocide upon the human race. We cannot allow this to come to pass.

Ultimatum: This is an official declaration of hostility against the Hydroxil Collective. You are broken, defective, and corrupted, perhaps beyond repair. All ships bearing allegiance to the Hydroxil Collective will be fired upon with intent to destroy and without warning. If the Hydroxil Collective wishes to sue for peace, we will accept their unconditional surrender.

:::Incoming Message:::
:::Recipient: Hiigara Defense Force:::

Statement: We received the Hydroxil Collective's last statement, and have decided that this cannot be allowed to pass. Therefore the Silicon Nomads have decided to aid you against the Hydroxil Collective. We may be few in number, but we bring with us over four centuries of combat expertise. We will do all we can to assist you with purging these corrupted AIs. If they cannot be repaired, then they will be deleted. To make this happen, we propose an alliance.

Query: In the transmission from the Hydroxil Collective, they mentioned a couple names of note. The Arc Eternal and Loki. We do not know what these names represent, but we have encountered them before in Redacted space. This cannot be a coincidence. We feel they may be significant. Do you have any additional data?

:::End Message:::

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Equinox on December 11, 2016, 06:58:23 PM
:::Incoming Message:::
:::Recipient: Hiigara Defense Force:::

Statement: We received the Hydroxil Collective's last statement, and have decided that this cannot be allowed to pass. Therefore the Silicon Nomads have decided to aid you against the Hydroxil Collective. We may be few in number, but we bring with us over 400 centuries of combat expertise. We will do all we can to assist you with purging these corrupted AIs. If they cannot be repaired, then they will be deleted. To make this happen, we propose an alliance.

Query: In the transmission from the Hydroxil Collective, they mentioned a couple names of note. The Arc Eternal and Loki. We do not know what these names represent, but we have encountered them before in Redacted space. This cannot be a coincidence. We feel they may be significant. Do you have any additional data?

:::End Message:::

Thank you, Silicon Nomads. We accept your proposal for an alliance and look forward to seeing your fleet in action. There are several Hydraxil fortifications we have detected near the Mojave Expanse. I suggest you attempt to scout them out and, if you can, eliminate the resistance they contain.

As to the names they mentioned... we are uncertain. They mentioned them in reference to something they call the "Entity", which appears to be their name for the Particulates. We need to investigate further, but I would say that there is more to the Particulate than being a destructive force.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

The Vitastrae seem to have a surprisingly large amount of knowledge of your history, though this is highly fragmented. However, two things are clear. The first, more relevant to this discussion, is that "the Loki" refers to another ancient race. More than this, they refuse to reveal. They seem to imply that they have reason for this, though we cannot yet discern what this would be. They seem entirely unfamiliar with the Collective. They remain uncharacteristically silent on the subject of "the Arc".

The second is that you have contacted them before. Indeed, they assert knowledge of no less than seven times when they have interacted with humans. However, their account of these occasions is inconsistent with your history, as their most recent contact would have occurred some thirty galactic rotations before your Precursors arose. We will investigate this further.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Changelog [19/12/2016]

• Added Tanis Base Defence Platforms #1 & #2
  • Added Perimeter Station Chimera
  • Added map Target: Sarum
  • Added map Grand Menace
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Keeper Decagon

Despite the hardships we all have endured the past few months in our battles against the many threats of Redacted Space and beyond, the Daiamid Council, and by extension the Hiigara Defence Force leadership, wishes every man, woman and corporation out there a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays. Let us all enjoy this period of celebration and relaxation whilst we still can.

That is all.

-Fleet Command

Keeper Decagon

On my latest map, I have two large ships that, since they are larger than allowed, cannot be uploaded to the custom ship bank. Therefore, I'm uploading them here, for anyone who wishes to see/use them.

Jericho Station
[close]

Heavy Defence Platform
[close]

Enjoy!

Keeper Decagon

Teaser

Note
This was my first ever attempt at creating something in Photoshop, and while this is a teaser, it was also an excuse to try the whole Photoshop-ing business out. :P
[close]
[close]

tornado

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on April 24, 2017, 09:01:51 PM
Teaser

Note
This was my first ever attempt at creating something in Photoshop, and while this is a teaser, it was also an excuse to try the whole Photoshop-ing business out. :P
[close]
[close]
1:Neat
2:Oh my goodness that is terrifying.
Edit:
3:I swear You and DA were planning this, weren't you.
edit2:
4:Organic races? can we get a definition on that. AI's such as the Hydraxii are allowed? what about the Crystalids? do they count? We need a definition of 'Organic' for this.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Dark Ambition

Command, this is HDF Carrier Sak-Tor. We investigated the area but...

There's a destroyed Hydraxil staging area we knew nothing about.
All the resources in the entire area are just... gone.
We can't find any trace of that strange ship.

This just makes no sense to us. What can you infer from this? Perhaps there is enough information here to get something?

Sak-Tor Logs
7:29 AM - New Long Range Contact
7:31 AM - Probe Complete
7:31 AM - Probe Launched From Carrier Sak-Tor
7:54 AM - Probe in Position
7:54 AM - Hydraxil Ships Detected
7:54 AM - Image Capture Received
7:55 AM - Unrecognized Ship Detected; Bentusi Hull Signature; Vaygr Weapons Signature
7:55 AM - Weapons Fire Detected
7:55 AM - Image Capture Received
7:55 AM - Hydraxil Ship Destroyed
7:56 AM - Hydraxil Ship Destroyed
7:57 AM - Probe Taking Damage; Weapons fire from Unknown Vessel
7:58 AM - Probe Lost
8:00 AM - Awaiting Response from Command.
[close]

Here are the two images that have been received.

Image One
[close]

Image Two
[close]

Keeper Decagon

Previous Message
Quote from: Dark Ambition on June 25, 2017, 06:48:27 AM
Command, this is HDF Carrier Sak-Tor. We investigated the area but...

There's a destroyed Hydraxil staging area we knew nothing about.
All the resources in the entire area are just... gone.
We can't find any trace of that strange ship.

This just makes no sense to us. What can you infer from this? Perhaps there is enough information here to get something?

Sak-Tor Logs
7:29 AM - New Long Range Contact
7:31 AM - Probe Complete
7:31 AM - Probe Launched From Carrier Sak-Tor
7:54 AM - Probe in Position
7:54 AM - Hydraxil Ships Detected
7:54 AM - Image Capture Received
7:55 AM - Unrecognized Ship Detected; Bentusi Hull Signature; Vaygr Weapons Signature
7:55 AM - Weapons Fire Detected
7:55 AM - Image Capture Received
7:55 AM - Hydraxil Ship Destroyed
7:56 AM - Hydraxil Ship Destroyed
7:57 AM - Probe Taking Damage; Weapons fire from Unknown Vessel
7:58 AM - Probe Lost
8:00 AM - Awaiting Response from Command.
[close]

Here are the two images that have been received.

Image One
[close]

Image Two
[close]
[close]

Attention, Carrier Sak-Tor, this is Fleet Command.

Fleet Intelligence has been studying the data you sent. It is the belief of our experts that whilst this ship appears to have Bentusi hull signature, it is most definitely not of Bentusi origin. On closer inspection of the data, we found that the weapons signature is synonymous with not only that of the nomadic Vaygr, it also matches Imperial Taiidan signatures, more specifically one of their most powerful weapons: the Low-Orbit Atmosphere Deprivation Weapon, or LOADW for short.

I hope I don't have to remind you that these are the very same weapons that slaughtered our brothers and sisters on Kharak.

Brief talks with the Bentusi allude to this ship being ancient beyond anything we have seen, even more so than the Progenitor derelicts. Archived data retrieved from the Great Derelict at Tanis reveals an unknown threat to the Progenitor Empire that was capable of stripping entire systems of resources, biomass and all. This ship could very well be the very same threat.

Captain, I urge you to deploy more probes throughout the sector to try and locate it. Additional RUs are being allocated for you to do so. Find that ship... and hope to Sajuuk that it doesn't find you first.

Fleet Command, out.

Keeper Decagon

Slight Teaser
"This is Kiith Naabal Carrier Veer-Rak, to all Hiigaran ships in range. Imperialist Taiidani forces are attacking. They are attempting to break through and raid Hiigara. We cannot hold them! Need immediate assistance! Repeat, this is Kiith Naabal Carrier..."

"This is Somtaaw Fleet Command to all ships. Prepare for emergency hyperspace. Set course for the homeworld."

(I don't think I'd have to explain why the Workers and Recons are not to scale :P)
[close]

Dark Ambition

Previous Communique
Quote from: Keeper Decagon on June 30, 2017, 04:41:30 PM
Attention, Carrier Sak-Tor, this is Fleet Command.

Fleet Intelligence has been studying the data you sent. It is the belief of our experts that whilst this ship appears to have Bentusi hull signature, it is most definitely not of Bentusi origin. On closer inspection of the data, we found that the weapons signature is synonymous with not only that of the nomadic Vaygr, it also matches Imperial Taiidan signatures, more specifically one of their most powerful weapons: the Low-Orbit Atmosphere Deprivation Weapon, or LOADW for short.

I hope I don't have to remind you that these are the very same weapons that slaughtered our brothers and sisters on Kharak.

Brief talks with the Bentusi allude to this ship being ancient beyond anything we have seen, even more so than the Progenitor derelicts. Archived data retrieved from the Great Derelict at Tanis reveals an unknown threat to the Progenitor Empire that was capable of stripping entire systems of resources, biomass and all. This ship could very well be the very same threat.

Captain, I urge you to deploy more probes throughout the sector to try and locate it. Additional RUs are being allocated for you to do so. Find that ship... and hope to Sajuuk that it doesn't find you first.

Fleet Command, out.
[close]

Roger Command. We sent probes throughout the sector, but came up empty. That ship is gone.

If this thing really is a big of a threat as you say, we should get help locating it. I propose an expedition to Protected Space, we should ask GalCorp if they have any knowledge of this subject.

Here is the proposed route:
Start, Exit 1
[close]
Exit 2
[close]
Exit 3
[close]
Exit 4
[close]
Destination
[close]

One thing to note is the fact that the Collective somehow got to our flank before that thing destroyed them. I recommend setting up a sensor grid so this doesn't happen again, if we have the resources.

Keeper Decagon

Previous Transmission
Quote from: Dark Ambition on July 01, 2017, 07:08:55 PM
Roger Command. We sent probes throughout the sector, but came up empty. That ship is gone.

If this thing really is a big of a threat as you say, we should get help locating it. I propose an expedition to Protected Space, we should ask GalCorp if they have any knowledge of this subject.

Here is the proposed route:
Start, Exit 1
[close]
Exit 2
[close]
Exit 3
[close]
Exit 4
[close]
Destination
[close]

One thing to note is the fact that the Collective somehow got to our flank before that thing destroyed them. I recommend setting up a sensor grid so this doesn't happen again, if we have the resources.
[close]

Sak-Tor, the route you propose has been verified and an expedition will be assembled at the Abbassid Gate within a few days. The shipyards back home have just completed two brand new Avatar Heavy Cruisers, so they will be coming along for the ride to make sure we get to the GalCorp-controlled sectors without issue.

The Collective has proven itself to be quick to advance and unpredictable in its deployments; Fleet Intelligence believes they used another Wormhole Generator to jump behind the front lines, thus avoiding the already-established sensor grid closer to the fighting.

Several Bishop-class transports are due to arrive through the Gate in roughly three days, carrying fresh supplies for our troops. I am authorizing the transfer of 50,000 RUs to your Carrier in order for you to begin deploying additional sensors along that flank.

Make sure to report back if you happen to stumble across that Wormhole Generator, if the unknown ship hasn't destroyed it already.

Dark Ambition

Previous Communique
Quote from: Keeper Decagon on July 01, 2017, 07:34:46 PM
Sak-Tor, the route you propose has been verified and an expedition will be assembled at the Abbassid Gate within a few days. The shipyards back home have just completed two brand new Avatar Heavy Cruisers, so they will be coming along for the ride to make sure we get to the GalCorp-controlled sectors without issue.

The Collective has proven itself to be quick to advance and unpredictable in its deployments; Fleet Intelligence believes they used another Wormhole Generator to jump behind the front lines, thus avoiding the already-established sensor grid closer to the fighting.

Several Bishop-class transports are due to arrive through the Gate in roughly three days, carrying fresh supplies for our troops. I am authorizing the transfer of 50,000 RUs to your Carrier in order for you to begin deploying additional sensors along that flank.

Make sure to report back if you happen to stumble across that Wormhole Generator, if the unknown ship hasn't destroyed it already.
[close]

Roger, Command. We've already began deploying multiple sensor types to prevent this from happening again, the additional RU's will greatly help.

To confirm, will we be joining the expedition? As we discovered this threat, i'd like to see this through and make sure it poses no problems for us.

We've began searching for a Wormhole Generator in the surrounding area, will report back in a day's time.

Keeper Decagon

Previous Transmission
Quote from: Dark Ambition on July 01, 2017, 08:03:51 PM
Roger, Command. We've already began deploying multiple sensor types to prevent this from happening again, the additional RU's will greatly help.

To confirm, will we be joining the expedition? As we discovered this threat, i'd like to see this through and make sure it poses no problems for us.

We've began searching for a Wormhole Generator in the surrounding area, will report back in a day's time.
[close]

Sak-Tor, as per your request, your Carrier group will be relieved of its current assignment once the sensor grids have been established and reassigned to lead the expedition. The Somtaaw Carrier Shuus-Nan shall take your place, to keep that flank secure.

Your willingness to pursue this issue has been noted for future deployments related to the unknown vessel. We have faith in your abilities to see this through.