Hiigara Defence Force

Started by Keeper Decagon, October 12, 2016, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 14, 2017, 06:36:44 PM
x Rising Star
o Solar Envy, Prismatic Placid Flare, Benevolent Emerald

Your proposal is intriguing. We have not worked extensively with Rift Space, but have experience with dimensional bridging techniques. It is also possible that we could, for want of a better term, "catch" Envy in order to dissipate the energies. Shall we collaborate on techniques while Envy convalesces? We are also attempting to create a reliable method of transit to that plane, if that makes a difference to your discussions.

Benevolent Emerald: Yes! If we m-modulate the correct quantum displacement for the transition into Rift Space, we c-could theoretically use Rift manipulation devices, such as Totems, to create a "cushion" of Rift Space underneath t-the hypertunnel.

Solar Envy: I look forward to seeing what you can build with the help of Rising Star, Emerald. For now, I must conserve my energy... in preparation for a future attempt to return.

Benevolent Emerald: D-Don't worry, Envy, I will do what I can to collaborate with Rising Star... the P-Prismatic won't be available right now, however. I'm s-sure you know why, Rising Star.

Benevolent Emerald: I think it'd b-be prudent for me to come to you, Rising Star. Just p-provide me with the coordinates, and I will proceed there with any useful technology I c-can scramble together.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Benevolent Emerald

Coordinates are ... difficult. However, we have been using a spatial contraction to reduce latency in the conversations we have been transmitting. It's probably easiest if we temporarily increase this effect by some orders of magnitude - you will have a subjective distance to travel no larger than Cobalt was earlier. We do have other purposes for the installation, however, so we will cease to maintain the contraction after you arrive.

Speaking of Cobalt ... How is he, and Flare? Actually, it's probably best to speak directly. Let us know when you are ready to depart.

As to technology, we can probably fabricate whatever you require, given a design. We currently suffer more a lack of raw, unclaimed material than a lack of processing capacity.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 15, 2017, 10:44:29 AM
x Rising Star
o Benevolent Emerald

Coordinates are ... difficult. However, we have been using a spatial contraction to reduce latency in the conversations we have been transmitting. It's probably easiest if we temporarily increase this effect by some orders of magnitude - you will have a subjective distance to travel no larger than Cobalt was earlier. We do have other purposes for the installation, however, so we will cease to maintain the contraction after you arrive.

Speaking of Cobalt ... How is he, and Flare? Actually, it's probably best to speak directly. Let us know when you are ready to depart.

As to technology, we can probably fabricate whatever you require, given a design. We currently suffer more a lack of raw, unclaimed material than a lack of processing capacity.

Benevolent Emerald: M-Materials, you say? I will load up my Resonator w-with some of the spare minerals we have available, and then I will be ready to go. Valiant Sentinel?

Valiant Sentinel: How can I be of service, Keeper?

Benevolent Emerald: I am p-preparing to depart in order to conduct a vital mission. I n-need you to look after the Starfire whilst I'm gone.

Valiant Sentinel: Of course, Keeper.

Benevolent Emerald: Good. Oh... and look after the P-Prismatic too.

Valiant Sentinel: Don't worry, I've got it covered. She's always safe under my guard.

*Emerald departs the Starfire in her Resonator, clearing the vast amalgamation of Crystallid and Falcon Renegade ships. In the distance, Cobalt's Titan-form still patrols the perimeter. Even after everything, he was still seething with hate.*

Benevolent Emerald: Oh dear... I h-hope he doesn't do something stupid without Prismatic Flare to s-stop him.

Benevolent Emerald: Rising Star, I am r-ready for transit! I just hope it's safe...
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

cpaca

To: Falcon Renegades
Are you OK with me leaving the planet there and using it as my Main Base? 
It's easier to coordinate our plans in secret, basically avoiding all hacking, if we're really close.

I also see the problems with this. One good AOE shot will take us both down. 

It's your call.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Benevolent Emerald

In that case, you can start moving toward our signal now. When the ... light show? ... finishes, you have arrived at the warp-core.

As Emerald begins to do just that, the stars begin to twist, move and change hue wildly. Cobalt, watching still, sees an opening of strange starlight into which Emerald is slowly accelerating. Looking back, Emerald sees something like a tunnel edge cut off the scene. Uncomfortable in this strange space, though intellectually assured, she looks ahead, to where what might be called normality resumes. As she exits the "structure", she sees Cobalt pass a fragment of wreckage into it. The Resonator flares a soft orange, a farewell which Cobalt, no less calm but somewhat diverted from rage, returns. As the ... gateway? ... is flattened back into normal space, she watches as the fragment is spread over much of the normal-space distance she has just traversed. Turning, she examines the structures in front of her, and realises that the minerals she has brought will be gratefully received. The area in front of her is mostly empty space, with what material there is twisted in strange ways. Indeed, it seems to be built more from voids than material, and somehow hidden behind itself.

Greetings, Emerald. <welcome>

(OOC: Text is a poor medium to represent this in. The angled brackets are for the parts that poorly. Take it here as "a powerful sense of welcoming and inclusion is apparent to Emerald", and I'll try to keep things clear. Such overtones are intentionally kept out of transmissions, though each is sent with a feeling of neutral pleasantness. Here, though ... it would be rather overwhelming if Emerald were not used to the company of Flare.)

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 15, 2017, 06:53:56 PM
Greetings, Emerald. <welcome>

*Feeling she needed to accept the greeting personally, Emerald disconnects her body from the Resonator as it continues to glide forward, glancing around at the strange and mysterious structures surrounding her.*

Benevolent Emerald: Woah... I never expected something like this... this is fascinating!

Benevolent Emerald: I also didn't expect such a powerful welcome. We Crystallids often deal with intense feelings from ourselves and others due in part to our psionic nature.

*After a few moments of speaking, Emerald stops when she suddenly realises something: her natural stutter was noticeably absent.*

Benevolent Emerald: I... I can speak normally for once! This place, this feeling... or was it the transit? I will have t-to see-

*She facepalms.*

Benevolent Emerald: I guess not.

*She moves to catch up with the Resonator, slotting herself back in and making it come to an abrupt stop in front of the structures.*

Benevolent Emerald: Shall we g-get to business?

cpaca

Decagon, I LOVE your attention to detail! 
In Emerald and Topaz talk, Emerald's eyes slightly move over to help indicate "looking at someone"  [i think. i didn't read all the crystallid stuff...] 
Without text, you can tell Emerald is excited when he arrives, just from her eyes, as she has no stutter. 
Then you can tell she isn't happy anymore, by the way the eyes go down. 
Also.
*she facepalms* 
They have palms? 

Reading mail...
No mail arrived. 
):
mail...
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: cpaca on September 15, 2017, 10:10:05 PM
Decagon, I LOVE your attention to detail! 
In Emerald and Topaz talk, Emerald's eyes slightly move over to help indicate "looking at someone"  [i think. i didn't read all the crystallid stuff...] 
Without text, you can tell Emerald is excited when he arrives, just from her eyes, as she has no stutter. 
Then you can tell she isn't happy anymore, by the way the eyes go down. 
Also.
*she facepalms* 
They have palms? 

Reading mail...
No mail arrived. 
):
mail...

OOC: Thanks, I appreciate you like the expressions in the portraits! I made them specifically so that they convey more than "oh, look who's speaking", and by the looks of it they work. ;)

And yes, they can have palms. In a sense. Crystallid limbs are modeled to be very similar to humanoid limbs, be that arms or legs, depending on the purpose at hand.

Younger Crystallids tend to like keeping their limbs intact at all times, of which they can have six, rather than just having them be a dissociated cloud of tiny shards floating around themselves. Snippet of lore for ya there.

GoodMorning

Previous
Quote from: Keeper Decagon on September 15, 2017, 07:36:05 PM
Benevolent Emerald: Woah... I never expected something like this... this is fascinating!

Benevolent Emerald: I also didn't expect such a powerful welcome. We Crystallids often deal with intense feelings from ourselves and others due in part to our psionic nature.

Benevolent Emerald: I... I can speak normally for once! This place, this feeling... or was it the transit? I will have t-to see-

Benevolent Emerald: I guess not.

Benevolent Emerald: Shall we g-get to business?
[close]

We did not mean to startle you, but we do not often have visitors... And not, until now, from this region. Our structure is ... "collective" might be the best term ... and so our concerted responses can be potent. Your arrival was the subject of much attention, from all of us in this region.

(The sense of significant focus fades, and seems to fragment into many concerns. The remainder continues the address, in a less directed manner, with the feeling more of a small group than a crowd.)

Our architecture would seem strange to you. Yours is novel to us, though repeated exposure to similar constructs gives a veneer of familiarity. We generally add the spaces we require to an area, rather than delineating them from it.

For now, however, make yourself comfortable for as long as you wish to stay. One of us is coming to greet you, wearing a shape we hope will be easier for you to interact with. While we wait, do you have any requests for your accommodation? We will build or delineate it, as you choose. If you have any other requests, do tell us.

If you do not object, we would like to attempt to project a rather complicated thought to your craft. From your response earlier, we think it best to avoid direct projections of such magnitude to you yourself. However, this allows us to explain concepts without ambiguity.

(A shimmering form approaches from a direction not known to normal spaces. The address, now giving the impression of an individual, seems to one emanate from this. As it approaches, it seems to be a transparent shape, reflecting lights that are not there. It takes the form of a not-cylinder, as it tapers smoothly along it's length, coming to a point at each end. One might visualise it as a bulge outward on every side of a line.)

Greetings! <cheerfulness> Sorry again about the fanfare earlier, but we're all interested. I'll be your, well ... <colleague/guide/assistant/?friend?>

It's rather tricky to work in your language without a lot of thought, so I might shift into thoughtsymbols now and then. For the most part, though, I've learned to fit the concepts to your mode of communication.

(The movements are similar to those of a Crystallid, though the form is far from known. There seems to have been an effort to be comfortably familiar, without trying to pretend to be what it is not. As it reaches the Resonator, the entity halts. There are no fragment-analogues surrounding it.)

Wow, that's a lot of material. <enthusiasm/interest> Are all of your constructs this dense?

<abashed> Sorry, I get excited. For now, do you want to settle in? I'll introduce you to the others as we go, there's a lot going on...

(The entity begins to drift toward the structure)

Oh, one more thing - it might be confusing to talk to us. We have something of a consensus when we think together, but we're often off individually. If it helps, think of me as <companion>.

(OOC: It's tricky to have a proper conversation without putting words in Emerald's mouth, and I'm interested in the response. So this conversation will take some time. Also, an individual who generally uses mental projection as communication instinctively uses it to convey feelings. When many do simultaneously, the effect Emerald felt earlier happens.)

Keeper Decagon

*Emerald once more disconnects from the Resonator, making sure to make its hoard of minerals is available for the entities nearby to claim. She moves to float beside her guide, excited and curious to see what this place has to offer.*

OOC: I think I will change the format of my own conversation slightly for this, just to make responses easier to make and read.

D-don't worry about accomodation, I need only to regenerate my energy. The Resonator is s-stocked up with enough to last me nearly fifty years... and I d-doubt I will be here that long.

I just wanna say, your f-form is fascinating! If only I had my scanners with me... hrm, actually, t-that would probably rude, going around scanning people! I'm already k-kind of guilty of doing this in the Convergence, so...

Now, I may not b-be the most psionically active of my race, you can contribute that t-to the Prismatic, but I find your thought symbols actually rather c-comforting. It reminds me of the communion of thoughts b-between all those connected to a Starfire at the same time; see, the Starfire facilitates s-something we have dubbed "Mind Space", where our formless thoughts coalesce and interact w-whilst we regenerate. It could also be created between two or more Crystallids through d-direct contact. In Mind Space, we are not bound by our b-bodies, not hampered by any faults to our f-form, and our thoughts sing together to c-create new understanding.

That gives m-me a thought. What if I tried creating a Mind Space connection with one of your people? I don't know how it would react t-to an alien presence within, but it's something I'd l-like to test at one point, if w-we have the time.

For now though, lead the way! I am so excited t-to see more of this strange place!

GoodMorning

(Emerald's guide moves off, toward a seemingly arbitrary part of the structure. Before long, the original face seems to twist and vanish, with new locations appearing nearby.)

A "Resonator", you call the construct? We'll keep that in mind. Is it the minerals or the crystal charge that you require? We'll keep it nearby in case you require it. Also, you may have noticed <irony> that we have practice "warping" <place/region/space/time>. So how long you stay here <place/home/domain> is largely up to you and your needs. However, given that Envy has similar physical constraints to you, we will need to keep him in mind.

Feel free to scan this form if you wish, though there's not a lot to it... <sock puppet> It's mostly a wrap-fold around a communication core, with a few manipulators and some devices to make it easier for you to see. We're rather flexible about the whole <incarnation> thing. Still, it's good of you to ask. Actually, since I'm going to be spending a lot of time talking to you, I'll shift into it. Unlikely that your scans will show a change, but maybe...

Our first stop, though, since you don't have a full complement of equipment, is a fabrication area. If you have a scanner design, we should be able to build it. Do you mind if we keep a copy? Anything else you need, too.

(They continue to drift forward, not adjusting course, but it seems to Emerald that a few sights are familiar.)

Your "Mind Space" sounds rather similar to our <day-to-day> mode of communication, then. We tend not to <dissolve>, but we do <blur> - many of us don't have a specific physical form anymore. I'll see who else might be interested to try - although I think the one-at-a-time is a sensible precaution. Given that you say you <dissolve> during this, and your reaction to our <mass meld/???>, we don't wish to see you <dissipate> into this. I mean, if you wish to try, it's your decision, but that's not the impression I get from you.

We're an accepting bunch, and are happy to <receive/welcome> anyone who wishes to join us, but I don't know anyone who has wished to leave. Then again, I wouldn't, would I <amusement> - they would have left... <curiousity/introspection> ... anyway. I'm interested, but it's tricky to keep my <alternative> communication skillset intact without getting used to thoughtsymbol conversation with you. I think that <???/identity> would be interested, and able to maintain an awareness of where your mind needs to return. Although with the amount of interest your proposal might generate, I wouldn't be surprised if we <coalesce> a new identity around it.

<worry/apprehension><risk/loss><Flare/Cobalt/Convergence><difficult/troublesome/dire>

(Just as Emerald begins to wonder if they are in a loop of some kind, the view ahead shifts rapidly, and they drift into a space more dense in real material than any Emerald has yet seen.)

Emerald, I'd like you to meet <maker>. I have the language skill to talk to you, but not the manufacturing interests and <form/incarnation>. If you could project the design you want, we'll see about making it now.

(Something drifts in from what would, in another place, be a wall. After a visually confusing and intricate moment, it becomes an antenna very similar to that which the Convergence is using.)

(The other presence gives off a more complicated thoughtsymbol: <gift/assistance><home/family/tribe/belonging><communicate/know/join>)

That's "for you, to contact Flare", if it didn't translate properly... Let's get you an path to transmit over.

(One of what Emerald is coming to recognise as the nearest thing to doors in this place starts to shimmer and flicker, flecks of light running over/through/within it. Moments later, Emerald sees a mostly-familiar starfield. The archaic sense of the term "portal" starts to seem more appropriate than "door"...)

There will be a transmission delay... GalCorp seems to have finally decided to start settling a debt to us for a previous engagement. Probably so that we can't just write off a supercapital against it again. Anyway, the relevant detail is that the long-range warp equipment is largely shipping that in via a roundabout route, so you'll have a transmission delay.

(OOC: Again, there's not what you would call names for those who live here, rather a description and sense of identity. Any ideas on how to work around this, so that Emerald can have more than one interlocutor? My best idea so far is to start identifying them by some kind of nickname that Emerald uses.)

x Rising Star
o Falcon Renegades

Regarding that experiment... We've had an incident in other testing, and the safety risk now seems rather too large. We don't want to trap the Hyperdome in a closed pocket. "Million-to-one" would be cold comfort.

x Rising Star
o GalCorp Fleet

We see that our mistake has prompted GalCorp central distribution to begin settling the outstanding debt. Thank you.

We note that you have not moved, and are unsure of your thought process. We have long since adjusted our Rift Space disturbance to allow your departure in an direction away from the battleground we removed you from.

Dark Ambition

OOC
Would you guys mind if I take partial control of Alissa and GalCorp's dialogue from here, unless you have specific things you want them to say?
[close]

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Dark Ambition on September 16, 2017, 12:47:56 PM
OOC
Would you guys mind if I take partial control of Alissa and GalCorp's dialogue from here, unless you have specific things you want them to say?
[close]

OOC: Of course not, go right ahead! I mean, they are technically yours to begin with anyway. :P

Keeper Decagon

Previous Part
Quote from: GoodMorning on September 16, 2017, 11:26:30 AM
(Emerald's guide moves off, toward a seemingly arbitrary part of the structure. Before long, the original face seems to twist and vanish, with new locations appearing nearby.)

A "Resonator", you call the construct? We'll keep that in mind. Is it the minerals or the crystal charge that you require? We'll keep it nearby in case you require it. Also, you may have noticed <irony> that we have practice "warping" <place/region/space/time>. So how long you stay here <place/home/domain> is largely up to you and your needs. However, given that Envy has similar physical constraints to you, we will need to keep him in mind.

Feel free to scan this form if you wish, though there's not a lot to it... <sock puppet> It's mostly a wrap-fold around a communication core, with a few manipulators and some devices to make it easier for you to see. We're rather flexible about the whole <incarnation> thing. Still, it's good of you to ask. Actually, since I'm going to be spending a lot of time talking to you, I'll shift into it. Unlikely that your scans will show a change, but maybe...

Our first stop, though, since you don't have a full complement of equipment, is a fabrication area. If you have a scanner design, we should be able to build it. Do you mind if we keep a copy? Anything else you need, too.

(They continue to drift forward, not adjusting course, but it seems to Emerald that a few sights are familiar.)

Your "Mind Space" sounds rather similar to our <day-to-day> mode of communication, then. We tend not to <dissolve>, but we do <blur> - many of us don't have a specific physical form anymore. I'll see who else might be interested to try - although I think the one-at-a-time is a sensible precaution. Given that you say you <dissolve> during this, and your reaction to our <mass meld/???>, we don't wish to see you <dissipate> into this. I mean, if you wish to try, it's your decision, but that's not the impression I get from you.

We're an accepting bunch, and are happy to <receive/welcome> anyone who wishes to join us, but I don't know anyone who has wished to leave. Then again, I wouldn't, would I <amusement> - they would have left... <curiousity/introspection> ... anyway. I'm interested, but it's tricky to keep my <alternative> communication skillset intact without getting used to thoughtsymbol conversation with you. I think that <???/identity> would be interested, and able to maintain an awareness of where your mind needs to return. Although with the amount of interest your proposal might generate, I wouldn't be surprised if we <coalesce> a new identity around it.

<worry/apprehension><risk/loss><Flare/Cobalt/Convergence><difficult/troublesome/dire>

(Just as Emerald begins to wonder if they are in a loop of some kind, the view ahead shifts rapidly, and they drift into a space more dense in real material than any Emerald has yet seen.)

Emerald, I'd like you to meet <maker>. I have the language skill to talk to you, but not the manufacturing interests and <form/incarnation>. If you could project the design you want, we'll see about making it now.

(Something drifts in from what would, in another place, be a wall. After a visually confusing and intricate moment, it becomes an antenna very similar to that which the Convergence is using.)

(The other presence gives off a more complicated thoughtsymbol: <gift/assistance><home/family/tribe/belonging><communicate/know/join>)

That's "for you, to contact Flare", if it didn't translate properly... Let's get you an path to transmit over.

(One of what Emerald is coming to recognise as the nearest thing to doors in this place starts to shimmer and flicker, flecks of light running over/through/within it. Moments later, Emerald sees a mostly-familiar starfield. The archaic sense of the term "portal" starts to seem more appropriate than "door"...)

There will be a transmission delay... GalCorp seems to have finally decided to start settling a debt to us for a previous engagement. Probably so that we can't just write off a supercapital against it again. Anyway, the relevant detail is that the long-range warp equipment is largely shipping that in via a roundabout route, so you'll have a transmission delay.

(OOC: Again, there's not what you would call names for those who live here, rather a description and sense of identity. Any ideas on how to work around this, so that Emerald can have more than one interlocutor? My best idea so far is to start identifying them by some kind of nickname that Emerald uses.)
[close]

*Emerald takes the antenna, gives it a few good looks, and nods to herself.*

Yes, this is a p-perfect replica. I will use it to good effect, in a m-moment. Allow me to just...

*Produced from seemingly nowhere, Emerald now clutches a small crystalline chip. It appears to have its own luminescence too, glowing a royal blue.*

This h-holds a number of technological design specifications for our own f-form of technology. Almost all of our "technology" is based on c-complex crystalline designs refined over millions of years.

*She holds the chip out to her guide.*

You m-may keep the data once the scanner is complete... t-take it as a gift from our race to yours, kind... uh... do you have names? I f-feel that the interconnected status of your p-people probably precludes the use of c-conventional names...

Do you m-mind if I give you nicknames? Just to make it easier for me to address your people. I think will c-call you... Charitable Garnet! I mean, it is a Crystallid-style n-name, but I think it will work!

Oh! I almost f-forgot the transmission! One moment...

*A moment of fiddling with the antenna later, Emerald manages to send a transmission.*

Hey, this is Emerald! I have m-made it safely through the warp bridge and am n-now in good company with our new friends! I hope everything over there is g-going alright. How is Prismatic Flare? She w-will be pleased to know I will soon be working to help get Envy back! I-

*Emerald feels the transmitter resonate slightly before the transmission cuts out.*

Huh... I wonder why t-that happened? Ah well, at least they know I'm s-safe. I guess we'll know s-soon enough if they received it.

Dark Ambition

OOC

Minor update on Alissa Skye, her rank, and affiliation.

Up until now, the ranks of my characters was kinda all over the place. But i've looked at a bunch of things to see if I can come up with ranks for the militaries of Protected Space.

What was born from that were three separate military divisions for Protected Space. One of these divisions is the Protected Space Patrol. The Patrol is led by the Judicator, and mostly oversees the defence of Protected Space, and other matters. Now, the new ranks for the Patrol don't include Commander, but closest to that is the rank of Guard Captain. So when referring to Alissa, who is in the Patrol, she should be referred to as: [GCPT] Alissa Skye

I'll be making a full post explaining Protected Space ranks and divisions on a later date.

Which can also further emphasis her dislike of being a spy and attacker in non-corporate territory. What she's being ordered to do right now, is a Navy job, and not what she signed up for.
[close]

x Rising Star
o Commander Alissa Skye

Again, apologies for the damage. Regarding "justice", we invite you to review this communications log of the Crystallids of their first four interactions with GalCorp. Then speak to us of neutrality. With that said, we would appreciate knowing what your instructions and briefing have been, as you seem to be telling a very different tale.

Now, forgive us if this next sentence misuses corporate vernacular: Send the bill to Legislator Hale, against our account. You will find it more than equal to the drain.

However, our intent was to prevent further deaths on either side. We erred, and were unable to save those who have not returned to you. As a token of good faith, we offer your fleet specifically a similar ... "goojfc" doesn't translate ... "escape", then ... should you require it.

For a fairly nominal consideration, we can also assist with real-space transit acceleration, to the tune of 50Kc, stackable for a small "fee" (as you call it). This is an ongoing offer, but is (you will understand) void if we are attacked.

(OOC: Rising Star is still waiting on a delivery from GalCorp, following the Excalibur incident. This is a fraction of that balance.)

"--terfering in the business of the Galactic Corporation. Lea..."

>FF>>

" ...ose my patience."

>FF>>

"--fficial apology from GalCorp for your unfortunate fate will be sent to your homeworld once your remains have been catalogued and your homeworld has been--"

>FF>>

"Attention, alien vessels! You are wanted for crimes against the Galactic Corporation, includi...

>FF>>

"...You have successfully forfeited the right to a fair trial, and as such you will be executed immediately."

*Beep*
-Paused-

[GCPT] Alissa Skye: I've heard enough of this... *Sigh* This has Legislator written all over it... Lieutenant... I need to confirm something. Send a message to Judicator Hayden Silver. Make sure the Executor can't see it.

[2ndLT] Archie Mercer: Yes Ma'am.

X Alissa Skye
   O Hayden Silver

Remember the blanket orders given to all military personnel to eliminate the Crystalids, should you encounter them? Well I found them, and engaged. The Renegades do not yet know of the location of the D.A.I yet, but this is beside the point.

Rising star... i'm not sure if you've heard of them... intervened on the Crystalids behalf. They didn't engage in combat, but instead somehow teleported us a good distance away. Our larger ships didn't make it, and were stranded, but the Crystalids and others returned the crews to us in life-pods, unharmed.

Not only that, but... Rising Star gave us these recordings of the first encounters with the Crystalids. I was always heavily skeptical about the propaganda against them, and this only furthers my distrust in this situation. I'm sending these to you for review.

I'd like your opinion on this. I'd also like to request relocation, back to the border of Protected Space. I'm a Patrol Officer, not a Corporate.

-----

X Hayden Silver
   O Alissa Skye

I listened to the recordings you handed to me. This behavior is outside of Standard GalCorp Protocol in the event of first contact. The fact that the Executor is riding along with a passionate desire to eliminate the Crystalids while invoking the name of justice is also disheartening.

I don't know much about the Crystalids, you're the first person under my command to face them, and most information I get is from the Corporate Military reports, which is about as biased as you can get. I imagine this information is classified, so don't go mentioning it, alright? From what I understand, the fleet that was researching the Seloi Homeworld was a Corporate Military fleet leased under the Legislators name, surrounding areas as well. You know how unforgiving and ruthless the Legislator was. It seems more likely that he uncovered information at the Homeworld connecting the Crystalids to the Seloi somehow, long lost data detailing their relations. The whole "you're entering a restricted area, time to die" thing seems like a charade to cover up the Crystalids existence, that clearly went sour.

I'll see what I can do to gather more information on this and see if I can prove my theory. In the meantime, your request for relocation is granted. However, I do have a mission for you, although you do not need to take it if you don't want to. Shut down the D.A.I to make sure the Executor can't see you. Try to get close to the Crystalids if you can. Do not engage. Just try to get more data on them.

I think it's time some questions get answered.

x Rising Star
o GalCorp Fleet

We see that our mistake has prompted GalCorp central distribution to begin settling the outstanding debt. Thank you.

We note that you have not moved, and are unsure of your thought process. We have long since adjusted our Rift Space disturbance to allow your departure in an direction away from the battleground we removed you from.

Overwatch: Shutting down...

-|- Open Broadcast -|-

This is Guard Captain Alissa Skye. I wish to converse with the Crystalids on a temporary truce. The recordings Rising Star gave us revealed questions that I would like answered. We are de-activating our weapon systems to show our non-hostility.