Hiigara Defence Force

Started by Keeper Decagon, October 12, 2016, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

x Rising Star
o Prismatic Placid Flare, c/o Falcon Renegades

As far as we know, you are correct. You have possibly encountered the Vitastrae at some point; it is they who asked us to relay that message to you. From our own research and your description, it seems that Envy may have accidentally bridged the potential gap to that region. If so, returning would be dangerous.

It is not impossible that we could assist you, but certainly difficult. With that being said, our own researches into such transits were already underway. We would be interested to work with you on this.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Spaartan

Wait a minute, are those the... Those double crossing idiots, I should have never trusted the Judicator.
Vert! Take control of the hyperdome for now, I have some unfinished business. I'm right behind you Cobalt! I will destroy them.

(OOC: Sorry for late reply)
At the end of the game, the Queen and the Pawn are put in the same box.

cpaca

Spaartan's going to battle. 
I guess I should too, in that case. 
*particles start filling the hyperdome* 

Hmm, only a small fleet. No fleet commander needed this time I guess. I can control it manually. 

GrabberG2s, decide upon the most powerful one of Spaartan's ships and follow it. If you will, become its wingmen. Do NOT sacrifice yourself for the powerful ship. However, if a shot seems powerful enough to destroy the core [and it happens to be a ship which cannot be recreated] then sacrifice yourself. 

I'll take it under the assumption you also have, and are using cautiously, at least 1 Flock. 
GrabberG3, stay and protect the Flock. Under no circumstances are you to sacrifice yourself. But most importantly, you have an AMP gem. Use it wisely.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Keeper Decagon

Placid Flare: All fleets, report in!

Crystallid Lieutenant Dark Opal: Flanking group Alpha standing ready.

Crystallid Lieutenant Shimmering Quartz: Flanking fleet Beta awaiting command, Prismatic.

Observant Cobalt: Let me at 'em, already!

Placid Flare: GalCorp forces are moving in... and they have a Super-Capital with them!

Observant Cobalt: WE WILL SEE ABOUT THAT! GRAAARRGH!!!

Placid Flare: Captain Spaartan, the Starfire is beginning emergency repairs of the Hyperdome. I will hang back with the Catalyst and oversee the process.

"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Spaartan

Spaartan: Woah, that is one spiky ship you got there Cobalt, don't forget to leave some of their ships to me. Flare, I am sending several Vulture class ships your way, we can't let the last remaining Starfire get damaged.

Spaartan: Psst, Vert. Continue construction of Archimedes.

Meanwhile inside the Hyperdome

Vert: Yes sir, on it right now. Hey Emerald! I want to show you something cool.
(OOC:Leave this part of the conversation to me. I'll be back on it in a few hours or so)

(Also OOC: Is there any way to speed up the growth of the Starfire? I am dying to see the Elder Version)

GoodMorning

OOC: Time dilation is something Rising Star can look at. Pocket universe, anyone?

Keeper Decagon

OOC
Apart from tampering with the flow of time, there really isn't a way to grow a Starfire into its final stage prematurely. Unless...

Hmm. Now that I think about it, perhaps it can be done. If a First Born melds their body with the Starfire, they could potentially use the ability to grow into their Titan-forms to massively accelerate the growth of the Starfire.

However, only the mad would do such a thing. Accelerating the growth of a structure as intricate as the Starfire could have devastating effects on not only the crystallite growth mechanisms, but also could heavily disrupt the psionic construct (akin to an AI) that maintains the inner workings of the Starfire.

Not saying that it won't happen though... ;)
[close]
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

cpaca

Rising Star/GM, CMC has already done [basic] Time dilation. 

I hope this is right. Or I'll have to come up with the new physics for the supernuke - Don't worry, i'll make it work.

Under the assumption this link is right [please confirm, old databases can be wrong]

https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/135661/wormholes-time-travel-and-time-dilation

The supernuke exit wormhole is connected to a ship with no crew, automated to just keep going farther and farther out into space at as close to lightspeed as possible. 

The supernuke entrance wormhole is the main weapon. When you activate it, a whole bunch of material is sent to the wormhole - Material designed to open it up. The exit side detects the wormhole openning up and also proceeds to add more of the material. In the end, the supernuke absorbs everything within 1 parsec [look it up] [on galactic scale, not much. On human scale, enormous] including the weapon itself, so the wormhole immediately closes up. The reason the exit wormhole is automated is because when you use the weapon, the ship immediately self-destructs upon detecting the wormhole being gone. 

Other than that, we've stopped time dilation research. Particle research seems easier.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Spaartan

Quote from: Spaartan on September 11, 2017, 07:47:04 AM
--Meanwhile inside the Hyperdome--

Vert: Yes sir, on it right now. Hey Emerald! I want to show you something cool.

Benevolent Emerald: Ok, I'll b-be right there!

Uriel Vert: H-hurry up! Haha.

Benevolent Emerald: T-that's very mean of you, V-Vert!

Uriel Vert: I'm just kidding. Come on now, it's something you might want to see.

Benevolent Emerald: W-what is that thing?

Uriel Vert: We call it Archimedes, it will be the protector of the Hyperdome.

Benevolent Emerald: W-when will it be completed?

Uriel Vert: In a few minutes, maybe it can help in the battle!

Benevolent Emerald: S-sure, let's wait for it to be completed.

Uriel Vert: It has been completed. Now, I will bring this beauty to the frontline. Care to join me?

Benevolent Emerald: No thanks, I t-think I'll stay here and f-finish my research.

Uriel Vert: Okay then. Archimedes crew, take us to the frontline!

Archimedes Commander: Yes sir.
[/i]

Keeper Decagon

Crystallid Lieutenant Shimmering Quartz: We're taking hits across the board! Incoming MK7 volley... Amethysts are down, repeat, Amethysts are down!

Crystallid Lieutenant Dark Opal: ...returning fire. Check your flanks; watch out for those missiles...

Observant Cobalt: Argh! Fleet, where the hell is the support?! GRRR!

Placid Flare: Cobalt, you can't expect the fleet to dive in with you like that. You-

Observant Cobalt: They should have stayed at my side, dammit! Argh!

Placid Flare: Watch out, you're taking a lot of fire... you know what, screw this. Emerald, can you read me?

Benevolent Emerald: Yes, P-Prismatic?

Placid Flare: I need you to return to the Starfire and help oversee the repairs. My presence is required in the battle. Cobalt is doing his thing again.

Benevolent Emerald: Of c-course! I will head there at once!

Benevolent Emerald: Oh, and you m-might be getting some grand r-reinforcements too!

Placid Flare: Good, we'll need every bit of help we can get.

Spaartan

Spaartan: Erm, Flare? By any chance do you know how Cobalt got so much power? I already know about him being a first born, but his Titan form looks... More rage induced. Any explanation behind his anger issues?

(OOC: I'll do the Archimedes in a while, I just have to finish some things. In the meantime, this question. Although I saw your explanation in the Crystallid file, I want to know more about him and Flare.)

cpaca

Spaartan, i'll try to analyze your question.

Well, here's the long text from the main documentation of Cobalt.

Observant Cobalt is a First Born and is the steadfast commander of the Convergence's military forces. He has served at Flare's side for longer than anyone, being both her trusted adviser and close friend to help keep the Prismatic on the rails over the ages. Ever the voice of reason (and witty puns), Cobalt has played a vital role in the events affecting the Crystallid race over the ages. During the Great Fragmentation War, Cobalt led a taskforce against the mad First Borns, killing each and every one of them to bring the conflict to an end, a tragic reality that still haunts him to this day, even if he doesn't show it. During an expedition to an anomalous planetoid in the 38th CE, Cobalt came in contact with a fragment originating from the Creeper Nexus defeated in the 2nd CE, filling his soul with the blackening hate of reality that flowed throughout the artifact. This tainting influence has permeated him ever since. In the 144th CE, during the attack upon the Seloi homeworld by a Creeper Nexus, the Loki used this dark influence within Cobalt to try to take control of him. They would have succeeded too, had it not been for Flare banishing the intruding Nexus and sealing her friend's soul to prevent them from doing this again. Cobalt still bears the residual hate from the darkness flowing within him, and is able to use it to become more powerful than anything that dares to threaten the Convergence.

Splitting this up into sentences.

Observant Cobalt is a First Born and is the steadfast commander of the Convergence's military forces.

First born. Alright.

He has served at Flare's side for longer than anyone, being both her trusted adviser and close friend to help keep the Prismatic on the rails over the ages.

So Cobalt and Flare trust eachother.

Ever the voice of reason (and witty puns), Cobalt has played a vital role in the events affecting the Crystallid race over the ages.

That's actually contradictory. Seems like the puns would make him... less angry.

During the Great Fragmentation War, Cobalt led a taskforce against the mad First Borns, killing each and every one of them to bring the conflict to an end, a tragic reality that still haunts him to this day, even if he doesn't show it.

Wait, a tragic reality that haunts him to this day? That could seriously anger people - Killing the legendary of their own kind, the ones of their own kind which cannot be recreated.

During an expedition to an anomalous planetoid in the 38th CE, Cobalt came in contact with a fragment originating from the Creeper Nexus defeated in the 2nd CE, filling his soul with the blackening hate of reality that flowed throughout the artifact.

Well that's your answer. Filling his soul with the blackening hate of reality. Plus, it has stayed:

This tainting influence has permeated him ever since.

Moving on.

In the 144th CE, during the attack upon the Seloi homeworld by a Creeper Nexus, the Loki used this dark influence within Cobalt to try to take control of him.

Oh... If Cobalt knew, that could anger him. Loki may/may not have the power [depending on the Arc power] to change Cobalt's form, too.

Cobalt still bears the residual hate from the darkness flowing within him, and is able to use it to become more powerful than anything that dares to threaten the Convergence.

Yeah, clearly made him more powerful. States that he's able to use it to be more powerful, probably involves anger which involves changing his form.

GoodMorning

(OOC: Yes, I know this is in the middle of a battle, but in-universe... There is also a motive for this.)

x Rising Star
o Prismatic Placid Flare

Greetings again,

After relaying your response, we have again received communication from Envy. Due to the ... incident ... you mentioned, he is in no fit state to travel. However, he was pleased to learn that you remain well. In order to communicate with you better, he has assisted us in boosting a normal-space transmitters with an element which should register easily with you (and only you). It is through this that we send this message.

Envy's convalescence will probably be lengthy, and he has expressed interest in the region he now occupies. Implied, we think, was a wish to avoid accidents in the return transition. He has asked to speak with the current Keeper of Knowledge when convenient.

Good health to you.

OOC:
cpaca

Quote from: Spaartan on September 11, 2017, 10:56:57 PM
(OOC: [...] Although I saw your explanation in the Crystallid file, I want to know more about him and Flare.)

This, I think, implies Decagon expanding, not someone explaining what already exists. Thanks for taking the time to give your interpretation, though.
[close]

Keeper Decagon

Answers
I'll keep these answers OOC, just for ease of explanation.

Hate, the emotion that drives this more aggressive form and drives Cobalt to such bursts of rage, is an incredibly powerful emotion for Crystallids.

Those spikes you see protruding from his Titan-form are a result of this, and can corrupt normal Crystallid forms too if it overpowers other sections of their emotional capacities. Visually, Crystallids consumed by hate will hue-shift to a jet-black, and in extreme cases, will grow these corrupt protrusions from their bodies. Hate also tends to cripple a Crystallid's psionic defenses, making them more open to be taken control of by other powerful entities.

However, hate is extremely rare within Crystallids, and the times it does occur, it is generally catalysed by an external source; in this case, the contact with the Creeper Nexus fragment imbued this hate into Cobalt. This lowered his ability to defend his mind from intrusion, as well as making him prone to outbursts triggered through certain events. Having the people he cares for being attacked, for example, will drive him to have one of these outbursts. Most Crystallids know to avoid getting in his way once this happens, since he can be a bit uncontrollable. After the event in the 144th CE, with the Creeper Nexus attack on the Seloi Dyson Sphere, Flare actually managed to nullify enough of the residual hate within Cobalt to prevent further access by the Nexus, inadvertently giving him much more control over how and when he uses his hate to fuel his strength.

The recent events, such as GalCorp's relentless hunting of the Convergence and the destruction of Solar Envy (he believes), have made him slightly more unhinged than normal. Internal hate mixed with the stress of always being under fire have also made him a bit more angry than he would normally be. In times of relative peace, he is far more prone to being friendly, witty and generally a much nicer Crystallid to talk to.

Even Crystallids have their limits, and Cobalt is just about reaching his. Luckily, Flare does have the capability to keep him in line if need be, and more often than not, this is enough to draw Cobalt away from a manic rage that would result in him killing everything in sight. She is far stronger than she generally lets on.
[close]

Keeper Decagon

Benevolent Emerald: I h-have arrived at the Starfire, Prismatic! It is d-doing a great job fixing that hole, mhm!

Placid Flare: Very good. By the way, there was a transmission from the Rising Star that asked for you by title, Emerald. Whilst you're there, you might want to send a reply.

Benevolent Emerald: Of course, P-Prismatic!

*After some fiddling with the transmitter controls to attune the Starfire's own sensor cluster with the Rising Star's new transmission frequency, the connection is established.*

Benevolent Emerald: H-Hello? This is Benevolent Emerald, the c-current Keeper of Knowledge! There is a lot going on right now... b-but I think I have some time spare. I am prepared to d-discuss anything you need!