Params

Started by Oblivion, October 08, 2016, 08:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblivion

What are the params for:
DestroyParticle ?
GetParticlesInRange ?
(thought GetParticlesInRange would be similar if not equal to IsCreeperInRange)
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

GoodMorning

At a guess, DestroyParticle will be a particle UID.

GetParticlesInRange [X Y Range ? ? - ]

I suspect that the ?s are true/false specifying whether to return friendly particles and look in a square range (box), but am not sure.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Oblivion

Im throwing onto the stack the particle UID for destroy particle but it says its taking an item from an empty stack. What other params do you think it would be asking for?
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

planetfall

I don't know what the other argument does, but the UID has to go first. At a guess, the other argument is similar to CW3's DestroyMode?

For GetParticlesInRange:

X Y range square type

For type, 0=blue, 1=red, 2=both

For some reason GetParticlesInRange interprets the range as a diameter. There is a second command, GetParticlesInRadius, which handles this a bit more sensibly.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Oblivion

Yes, thank you! the other param was for a death animation. Can't believe I didn't think of that as it was there in Destroy in CRPL. Thanks!