PRPL Help

Started by faceless funkmachine, October 04, 2016, 05:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faceless funkmachine

Hello, I am new to KC games. I like PFE, and I want to make some maps.

I have learned what I can from the wiki, however there is very little information in the wiki on the actual API, I understand stack programming, I just want to see a fleshed out API(which appears to be under construction in the wiki). I tried using the crpl api, but I keep getting errors. e.g inavlid token GetUnitsInRange. So i guess not all of the crpl methods are supported in PRPL which makes the crpl api a lot less helpful.

I read on some threads, people saying to view planetfalls maps. I downloaded two from the exchange, are the files located in
My Games\particlefleet\exchange\maps\0\16.pf1
I have never sceen a pf1 file before and have no idea how to open it. Am I looking in the wrong place. Ideally I would like to be able to load planetfalls map in the editor so i can view the scripts he has written and learn from them. So any advice on how I can do that?

Michionlion

So, after you locate the files, you'll need to go into the mission editor, create a new "dummy" map, and then move the 16.pf1 file to the folder created in particlefleet\editor for that dummy map, and rename it to save.pf1, overwriting the original. After that, open the map again in PF, and the scripts should then be located in the scripts sub-directory of the map. You can open them with any text editor.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

faceless funkmachine

GoodMorning

The wiki construction is planned, but is currently waiting on a structural change relating to DokuWiki namespaces. This is because many PRPL pages will be almost identical to CRPL, and so overlapping pages make sense. Also, a significant fraction of the PRPL commands are identical to the CRPL counterparts. So a structure change makes significant sense, but only the admins can do it, and they have enough to do.

A number of us are planning to fill out the wiki as soon as this occurs.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.