[Bug] The weirdest bug I've ever seen

Started by Qwerty Quazo, October 01, 2016, 08:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

I was building a ship on a mission's editor and at some point I moved the command module. It said that I can't do that if the ship is already built. So, I closed the editor and pressed delete over the ship, nothing happened. All the rest I know is shown at screenshot(s).
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Tarmandan

That is one full energy store. But nice to see I am not the only one who started building segmented superships. Note that ships without engines all move the same speed. Might be helpful if inconsisten speed among parts annoys you loke it does me

Qwerty Quazo

Two more screenshots. Remember the bug I made a video? The one with the mire spawner outside of the map? The fighter in the middle is the only thing that is working, like some missiles if you noticed in that video. Now it shoots invisible particles.

Strange. Mouse buttons don't work on map same as keyboard. Timer stopped counting. Energy at 3030. Game slowly crashing.

Edit: Last row fixed when I deselected the undestroyable ship. My mistake.

GoodMorning

That energy bar is a bug in its own right.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Qwerty Quazo

What the...

Killer007lite

So today i was messing around with the Editor and well i came across the same thing

When putting a Ticon Defence outside of the map (Even though that would never occur) the game decides that  the "Store" of energy no longer has a maximum capacity of 100 but instead infinitely goes up, meanwhile everything freezes including animations, fighter still move about and attack but the shots from them do nothing, ships no longer move any where

-Killer007lite

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Killer007lite

I had a look in my Output log and this is repeated hundreds of times:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at Struc.Grow (Int32 cellX, Int32 cellY) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnitManager.GrowStruc () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnitManager.GameUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at TiconGun.GameUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GameSpace.GameUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at GameSpace.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

knucracker

Quote from: Killer007lite on October 01, 2016, 07:49:39 PM
I had a look in my Output log and this is repeated hundreds of times:

Needed to do some bounds checking... just fixed and will be in the next build.

knucracker

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on October 01, 2016, 08:33:55 AM
I was building a ship on a mission's editor and at some point I moved the command module. It said that I can't do that if the ship is already built. So, I closed the editor and pressed delete over the ship, nothing happened. All the rest I know is shown at screenshot(s).

Thanks for the report and the save that immediately reproduces the problem.  I've added bounds checking that prevents the exception and makes things run normally in the event this situation occurs.  I'll investigate further to try to prevent the situation from occurring in the first place.

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: virgilw on October 01, 2016, 08:11:57 PM
Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on October 01, 2016, 08:33:55 AM

Thanks for the report and the save that immediately reproduces the problem.  I've added bounds checking that prevents the exception and makes things run normally in the event this situation occurs.  I'll investigate further to try to prevent the situation from occurring in the first place.

Can I recover my map?

knucracker

You should be able to load the map in the upcoming 1.01 build.  It loads fine for me after the exception problem is fixed.