Mission 16 suggestion

GoodMorning · 2090

GoodMorning

• Community Guild
  • (Pusillanimous)
on: September 28, 2016, 09:19:54 am
Bertha suggestion:
(click to show/hide)
This should require a minimal adjustment to both code and balancing. It even preserves the particle accumulation near the ship.

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:42:27 am
Response from Virgil:

The main problem happens when some ship other than the HQ is targeted.  If the HQ is nearby, it can get nuked.  That could happen with a line or a circle.  What I've done is added prpl code that makes sure no particle is spawned over the HQ, resulting in instant fail of mission.  The circle thing isn't a bad idea, would make a nice addition to some custom maps.

"Any leftover cabbage can and will be mixed with mayo"
   - Cole's Law

jaworeq

• Community Guild
Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 12:53:31 pm
(click to show/hide)
Couple of times I still got insta-killed by something ( I guess bertha, since my HQ was way behind). I didn't care that much about not lining up ships, so sure, it's my fault. But it doesn't subtract from the fact, that it was annoying.

Qwerty Quazo

• Professional creeper and particle eliminator.
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 01:24:26 pm
(click to show/hide)

The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

GoodMorning

• Community Guild
  • (Pusillanimous)
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 06:19:16 pm
(click to show/hide)

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Fireball14

Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:08:21 pm
Couple of times I still got insta-killed by something ( I guess bertha, since my HQ was way behind). I didn't care that much about not lining up ships, so sure, it's my fault. But it doesn't subtract from the fact, that it was annoying.
Actually, my carrier got insta-killed out of the blue. Bertha did not shoot im 100% sure, and there was no enemy particulate since it was stationed inside earth pocket.