Balancing

Started by GoodMorning, September 14, 2016, 09:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Hello all,

I'm largely finished the first edition of a new script (attached), which creates a gigantic centipede/caterpillar, roaming the map and laying Creeper. I'll soon be including Spores.

Having taken considerable time and a base destruction to beat it, when playing with writers knowledge and testing settings, I had wondered how I should set it up to be enjoyable in a map. The settings I used in testing were likely; nay, certain; to induce frustration.

The current settings make it a near-unstoppable force, save that it will not cross Void or AC. It takes a combination of Snipers and Beams to bring down, and each will only take out parts of it.

The Thor can kill it with cannons, for those able to avoid it long enough.

The settings could be adjusted to the point where it could mount a swarm attack, each unit being trivial to dispatch, make it a fact of nature for the map, needing to be worked around rather than through.

So, the questions are:
Is this a worthy opponent?
And if so, what will make it enjoyable to battle?

(Note: This inherits from the "distributor" concept I had tested some time ago, and was already on the metaphorical shelf when first I encountered the phrase "particle snake".)

Usage:
The DestroyOnRecompile script has on obvious function, and is automatically attached to the Cores which are spawned by Centipede.crpl. It's irritating to remove them, otherwise.

The image is placed in the Custom0 slot, because a Core chain is ugly or invisible. I'll create a better image when I know what the default behaviour will be.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.