Play as Particles

Started by GoodMorning, September 10, 2016, 07:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Is anyone interested if I set up PaP? Likely to be CPU intensive, or require entanglement with Creeper interactions.

I will likely need to integrate it with PaC.

Tools: Gravity well, and particle emitter placement.
Gravity well would work off Totems, and would be an alternate mode for the field of PaC. The strength of the well would fall as inverse-square, limited to a given range for lag prevention. Particle emitter might have a rapid-fire mode, as for Emitters in PaC, with the same Creeper volume in a smaller or larger set.

Also possible: standing wells, not player controlled, or a particle accelerator.

Normal field and well would affect particles and Creeper. So would the Singularity.

With a very powerful gravity well, conversion density could be achieved.

This would largely be a script clone of the PaC emitter, integrated with particles, and a mod for the field making it circular. Then an additional menu button for the particle Emitter.

I won't bother if nobody is interested, though.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

skykiller

Flash1225

This seems... impractical and certainly something that you don't get much control over. If anything, this idea to me would only work if there are multiple paths the particles can use to hit further into the player's base, like with my Limaon map. This idea may be enjoyable if you integrate this into a map alongside the PAC script, though.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.