Prospector Zone - S100_181:Alepatna

Started by JamesP, August 17, 2016, 05:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesP

This level has frustrated me greatly. I have been trying to speed run it and am having trouble deciding which order of removal is best.

The attached picture is from early on in the proceedings and is a save point from where I attempted the different paths (coloured).
I used both AoO (Mass and Convert) on this level in various combos and various positions.

I tended to have to use many PCs (~5-8) to make a beachhead in to the digitalis and had to attack one or two emitters at a time. This was partially due to energy supply for so many PCs and the awkward spacing and terrain between the emitters, which caused the overall time to stack up whichever route I took.

I wondered if anybody had any ideas on which route and/or technique is best for dealing with digitalis in this kind of setting (for low energy cost and, hence, rapidly)?

khanjar24

I was at ~25 energy income at the same screenshot time. One key to topping the leaderboards(JB) is to spread your command nodes so that they can easily place collectors around themselves and build energy isn't wasted in the transmission lines. I find Shield to be almost completely worthless because it's high cost and does very little. At 4 PC's on that digitalis line coming from the left I was easily able to build a 5th and then push in for the kill.

I do think you had the right idea with killing the spore tower (earlier), but because it's a poor spot I'd pop a reactor onto it which'll drive several PC's which are very, very worthwhile.

By the end I only had  ~5 mortars, everything else was PC.

Forge upgrades I got: Energy income 1, fire rate 1, build rate max afterward.