Main Menu

Loki

Started by jase, December 29, 2009, 04:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jase

I need help with this final level. I've been going at it for some time but in the end I can't hold the creeper off long enough to get the new piece of technology. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Aurzel

loki is simple once you get going, build up your collectors to the south and get all the upgrades, then build a blaster and fly it into the breech to hold it, there should be a collector there to supply it with ammo, build some collectors north to collect the artifact and at some point a second blaster
start covering the rest of the area with collectors and then a mortar use the mortar to cover the whole north area above the blasters and then a mortar to do the same to the south, at this point you can hold the creeper back indefinately
while you're holding the creeper back build some reactors, and a few speed and storage
once the thor tech is available you'll need four blasters and build a drone too, fly the mortars over to flank the blasters and build a collector right up against the wall, then fly the blasters over to connect with the collector, they'll clear out enough creeper along with the mortars and drone to get a collector there to get thor (Careful the creeper doesnt overflow to the flanks while you're doing this) when you have thor tech, pull back to the breech and send the mortars back to cover the flanks while you build thor, once thor's built you've won

jase

Aurzel

Karsten75

In pictures

Phase 1.

Build two lines of collectors, one to reach the artifact and another to reach the upgrades. Note that the branching collector  on the lower line was a mistake, but it did not kill me.

Phase 2:

Roll out two blasters to protect the breach in the wall. Two mortars will keep the creep on the other side of the wall thin and easy for the blasters to control.

Phase 3:

Now we have to venture out and collect the new artifact that has appeared jus toutside the wall. Two more blasters and two more mortars will do it.

Phase 4:

Build a relay right near the breach in the wall.

Phase 5:

Pause the game and position two blasters just outside the breach, so that they connect to the relay on the inside. They will clean up an area for another relay outside the wall.

Phase 6:

Here you connected relays to the new artifact and construction of Thor has started.

Phase 7:

Move out Thor to control all the creeps.

Phase 8:

A ring of relays will finish the job.

Aurzel

nice walkthrough, only difference was i used collectors and a drone to your relays and 2 mortars :P

knucracker

Here are some old screen shots I had of taking care of Loki stick and rudder style:

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on December 29, 2009, 08:16:38 PM
Here are some old screen shots I had of taking care of Loki stick and rudder style:

Errrmmm.....    ;D

Kamron3

You used a Thor which totally takes out any kind of fun for this level.

_k

Aurzel

i dont think you got enough reactors there virgil :P

Karsten75

Quote from: Kamron3 on December 30, 2009, 03:34:50 AM

_k

If Virgil didn't want me to use a Thor he wouldn't have given me a Thor....   Sure, perhaps I could have beaten it some other way, but it isn't the easiest way which a walkthru should be.

Aurzel

pmormr

Quote from: Kamron3 on December 30, 2009, 03:34:50 AM

_k

I agree...

Loki... all eight emitters capped.

Although it did kind of break the game at the end... this is how it ended up when I connected the fourth totem pole:

djcian

how come on your first picture your energy is 26+24.4.  did you hack the game?
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Dranar

.sol editor FTW! Nah, I dunno if that works with Creeper World.
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors