Desc:
Yep, it's that easy. #Sorrontis #CRPL #Surprise #SeeForumForHints

Sorrontis

So, you've played the map, and now you want some hints:

Spoiler
Invest in loads of Snipers & Beams.
[close]

Spoiler
Don't centralize your base. Spread it out.
[close]

Spoiler
Always be ready for the nasty.
[close]

Spoiler
Never trust Sorrontis. He's never fair.
[close]

Spoiler
Play the map. Destroy enough emitters. Do you notice something?
Spoiler
Like a pattern. Patterns are important you know.
Spoiler
Maybe, something special happens at some point in the pattern.
Spoiler
Like, a lightly blinking switch that needs to be "turned off."
Spoiler
Why else would I give you a single Nullifier? It's a hint!
Spoiler
Ok, ok. I'll tell you what. After the second Spore tower is spawned, stop killing emitters. The "switch" blinks on after destroying a multiple of 15 emitters (no spore or cross-emitters) except at emitter-kill #15; it stops blinking if you continue on killing emitters.
Spoiler
The cross-emitter spawns at kill 14/29/44 while the spore spawns at 15/30/45.
Spoiler
What are cross-emitters? You'll figure it out.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Good luck!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Flash1225

I haven't played the map too much yet, but looking at the hints and the map, that huge patch of digitalis is extremely suspicious...
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Flash1225 on June 01, 2016, 08:45:09 PM
I haven't played the map too much yet, but looking at the hints and the map, that huge patch of digitalis is extremely suspicious...

You just gave me an idea... a very very evil idea. Next map.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Peter R

Well, I've played the map twice.
First, I thought it was extremely easy, but I found out soon
Spoiler
nullifier doesn't work, sniper hitting the emitter activates things
[close]
I like it when map-makers do original things.  :)
Being warned, I gave it a second try,
Spoiler
building a lot of energy, a lot of beams, etc. , everything to "be prepared"
[close]

I didn't see your hints/spoilers before playing. Now I stopped playing and I look at your hints. It seems to me it is a puzzle only the maker of this puzzle can solve. An original game, but not my type of game, sorry.
You made a lot of nice maps, and can't satify everybody everytime.  :)

Sorrontis

Thanks for playing! I'm remaking this map without the puzzle and more of a deathtrap :D

And I'll admit, the flashing switch should have been more obvious.

D0m0nik

Once again thouroughly evil. I will regroup and return but that kicked my ass good and proper, built in the wrong place, lost forge and CN when the first major event happened.

Love your maps every time but they are the only maps on here that actualy make me more stressed rather than relax me after a long day at the office!   :o

Sorrontis

Ha! I've remade the map without the "puzzle" aspect for those that might prefer that. I just have to beat it myself first :)

D0m0nik

I have replayed this and reloaded from saves at various points and it seems strangely random. The linear event triggered after just two spores, I then replayed and did exactly the same and it triggered after 5 spores.

I read your spoilers but I am missing something, no matter how many emitters I do or do not kill all that spawns is spores and killing these achieves nothing.

Throwing a puzzle in with your usual brand of menace makes this a thouroughly unpleasant level to figure out and I am throwing int he towel  :(

Sorrontis

I've asked Virgil (or whoever else gets the report messages) to remove the map; I'll remake it with a better surprise. No puzzles.

D0m0nik

You shouldn't remove it, just some more specific spoilers would be great, I'd like to beat the map!

Sorrontis

After the second spore tower is spawned, stop killing emitters. You can nullify the switch at the top left.

Sorrontis

Once it's deleted, I'll provide you with the source map. I should have made the switch permanently appear after 20 emitters have been destroyed.

D0m0nik

Thanks for the black and white instructions! I found the switch but it was invisible and there wasn't any visual clues as to where it was, I would never have found it without your tip, def a bit obscure.

Sorrontis

It actually flashes, but I realize that the flashing might be too insignificant for some people. It shows well on my home computer (but invisible on my work computer). That's why this map needs to be redone :)