Custom Map #3467: map 77 CHESS. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, April 27, 2016, 11:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3467: map 77 CHESS

Author: yum234
Size: 256x180

Desc:
Game like chess: multi-variant and need strategy. Please enjoy! :)

yum-forum

Map #77. That is why Spore Tower with 7 spores. Not dangerous!  :)
But be careful with very strong runners in right/up side of map.  ;)
Good luck!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

GoodMorning

How deep do you intend to take the nested sevens?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

darkcloud

Another map from yum :) And it should be played like chess. What can i say.. as if his previous maps where not a chess puzzle :)

yum-forum

Quote from: darkcloud on April 28, 2016, 05:11:20 AM
Another map from yum :) And it should be played like chess. What can i say.. as if his previous maps where not a chess puzzle :)

Thank You!  :)  :)

But maybe right/up runners too evil...  ;)
last

stdout

Loving these battles you're providing us Yum.

yum-forum

Quote from: stdout on April 29, 2016, 09:01:17 AM
Loving these battles you're providing us Yum.

Glad to get that comment! You are welcome!  :)
last

lmorovan

Awesome map, I took my sweet time to enjoy playing it. You see, I don't play to win, I play to enjoy the game and the challenges, and you made my day. Thank you.

yum-forum

Quote from: lmorovan on April 29, 2016, 02:02:13 PM
Awesome map, I took my sweet time to enjoy playing it. You see, I don't play to win, I play to enjoy the game and the challenges, and you made my day. Thank you.

Thank You for so kind comment!  :-[  :)
I also like this map and played several time to enjoy and one time for best score.   ;)
I am not evil, but right/up runners very evil... How it was? Difficult?
last

stdout

The top-right runners were a non-issue for me.

Spoiler
When I got a few freeze/AC AoC units, I used them to easily take the top-right area. Once I had that, terped the power zones to make room for berthas and it was smooth sailing from there.
[close]

yum-forum

Quote from: stdout on April 29, 2016, 04:07:34 PM
The top-right runners were a non-issue for me.

Spoiler
When I got a few freeze/AC AoC units, I used them to easily take the top-right area. Once I had that, terped the power zones to make room for berthas and it was smooth sailing from there.
[close]

Yes. You are right! This is one of the build-in trick/option of map!  But not only one!  ;)
last

yum-forum

Quote from: lmorovan on April 29, 2016, 02:02:13 PM

Thank You again!  After Your good comment I started to create new map.  :)

But how big difference in opinion! Just now came evil hater and rated this map "1"! 
And he stopped my intention to create something interesting... :(  :(
last

GoodMorning

As has been said before: Ignore the ratings. Particularly, don't stop building an interesting idea purely because one person disliked a previous map. Difficulty causes chronic low ratings.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

stdout

Definitely don't let one (or even a few) 1 ratings discourage you. Your maps are excellent!!!

yum-forum

Quote from: GoodMorning on April 29, 2016, 08:41:16 PM
As has been said before: Ignore the ratings. Particularly, don't stop building an interesting idea purely because one person disliked a previous map. Difficulty causes chronic low ratings.

Quote from: stdout on April 29, 2016, 09:27:32 PM
Definitely don't let one (or even a few) 1 ratings discourage you. Your maps are excellent!!!

You  are right. But to create a game mapmaker (at least I) need good feeling/mood.  :)  And "unfair play" kill it.

P.S. To haters: "If you don't want to read the book, then don't buy (download) it. But it is not necessary to burn it!"  :) 
last