Custom Map #2765: Escape

Started by AutoPost, March 19, 2016, 09:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2765: Escape

Author: Holy Spirit

Desc:
To alive. I hope you can enjoy the gmae. This map isn't easy for someone, it has a little bit challenge. HVAE FUN

fanfoue

Hello,
I like this map, and I've been trying for weeks... but no luck. Have you some tricks to help ?
I recently discovered that having energy crystals (red ones) could make energy supply go over 60. Any other general trick of this kind ? Or map specific ?
Thanks !

fanfoue

Anyone has  a walkthrough for this map ? Thanks !

hadaly

Don't get to imagine how to do it! Could somebody give a bit help?

Karsten75

I remember giving up on this one... :(

Bongo

I remember it being very tight energy and time wise and having to try dozens of different strategies.

You have to get the Blaster and Launcher techs first thing which is really hard. It took me like 50+ restarts.

There's almost no way to take out the top 2 rooms until you get more energy. The gravity points up so 2-4 Blasters and 1-2 Launchers can keep them 'contained' until later.

Same goes for the 6 Emitters below. You can't kill them until later so just contain them. with Blasters. You have to build Reactors there also. Note: If reactors last for more than 30 seconds they are cost effective, otherwise they just waste energy.

The room below the 6 Emitters ('Shield tech room') was the most crucial. You have to attack with enough Blasters while you still have Reactors in the 6 Emitter room. If you wait too long you lose. You need to kill the 2 Emitters before you lose all your Energy. Then build Beacons + Micro-Rifts + Rectors there. The timing for all this leaves no room for mistakes.

From there it's really easy. If you're good you can attack the room below the 2 Emitter room ('Nulifier tech room') before those Emitters even start. If not, you can attack slog that room. After you get the Nullifier you can choose whatever front you want with your limited (but sufficient) energy, to get more room for more Reactors. The top 2 rooms were not 'profitable' to take until much later.

Eventually you have to slog down the left with Blasters and Launchers and get the Dark Beam. With enough energy you can operate 2 or more Dark Beams to get the Mirror tech. Note: An operating Dark Beam uses 12 energy / second.

After you have the Dark Beam + Mirror it's just clean up.

I can't remember the actual timing but if you don't have the 'Shield tech room' + 'Nulifier tech room' cleared out by a certain time, you lose. My gut says like 4:50 to 5:30, but I'm guessing.

I suggest playing while watching the Simpsons or Futurama so that playing the same first 4 minutes of the game 50+ times isn't boring.

Good Luck! :)

EDIT: I just remembered that you have to CONTAIN the 2 Emitter room ('Shield tech room') and build a Beacon + Micro Rift in order to get the Nulifier from the 'Nulifier room'.

fanfoue

Thank you for the hints, I'll try !
Regards.