Creeper World Game Idea

Started by Shockblast DX, March 30, 2016, 09:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shockblast DX

I have an idea for the next Creeper World. It is based off of Creeper World 1 & 3. The idea is where the Creeper has infested the home planet of the human race, and wiped out their capability of building Nullifiers. Therefore, they must use Nullifier techs they find around the place, but they need to power a Null Generator for it to work.

Notify me if interested, need further explanation, or are concerned of specific aspects.

Modified: This would be amazing for the next game.

Grayzzur

Sounds like a map you could build in CW3 with CRPL.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

ShadowDragon7015

you could have crpl cores that look and function like emitters but make it so

• nullifiers dont affect them
  • nullifiers have to be placed around a main structure
  • once all nullifiers are placed change attributes of that structure so nullifiers affect it
Then make it so when that structure is destroyed it kills all enemies on the map

Or you could make a structure that has to be powered to destroy all enemies on the map. just set requests packets to true
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

Shockblast DX

The idea is that the Nullifiers are automatically locked onto a specific Emitter/Spore/Drone, and the Null Generators are the only things there that have packets to power up the Nullifiers, and when they are charged up, they just destroy the linked Creeper tower.

So, in conclusion, the idea isn't quite possible in the CW3 map creator. And even then there are many things that can't be done in the CW3 creator (for example: there are four buildings similar to the Command Node, instead of three).

And just to note, Particle Fleet: Emergence does not seem like Creeper World 4 to me.

GoodMorning

It can still be done, as long as "N packets" don't have to follow the network. If they're allowed to move like Aether does, then it's easily possible. Following the network has been discussed regularly, but gets abandoned because it's slow, unreliable, and it's not worth it to replicate core game mechanics in scripts.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Shockblast DX

There are just so many things that I want to say about the difference between CW3 and this idea. In fact, I might just want to explain EVERYTHING about the idea, but it might take a while to get done. I tried making the levels I've already created, and it just didn't work. It didn't feel right to me. They were just test levels, though. The real ones I want added in will be taken care of later.

Anyways, there are many differences between these two, and the CW3 feel just isn't right for this game. Once I get everything worked out, then maybe, but right now I just don't feel like CW3 has the emotion that this does. I will explain EVERYTHING once I feel ready to.

GoodMorning

Perhaps move the thread from the CW3 section, in that case.

Shockblast DX

Trust me, I've seen the amazing things that people have done with the scripts, but it's so complicated, I don't think anyone would have the time to do it!

GoodMorning

Is it: Unit charges, emits an N-packet, which moves to a Forge-analog, and is absorbed, charging it?

If so, not too hard.

Shockblast DX

No, it's: unit charges, unit travels automatically to connected Emitter, unit destroys Emitter.

Seems kind of tricky to me.

GoodMorning

So:
Unusual units:
Nullifier-analog factory, Emitter, Nullifier-analog.

Factory makes Nullifier-analog units, which sit on it as they charge. They then travel to an Emitter, and destroy it on arrival.

This is very much possible.

If this is not what you are after, please give a step-by step description of what you have in mind, including:

Names for and functions of all units, including modifications to anything existing.

Initial states of all units you specify (location, charge levels, whether they are created after start time, etc...)

Very clear, step by step, including conditions, walkthrough of exactly what you want to happen.

E.g. for another idea:
Original form: An Emitter that breeds!
Clear form:
An Emitter-analog, which has the functions of a normal Emitter.
Map begins with one of these in the far corner.
When the Emitter is destroyed, two Emitters spawn nearby, with half the production amt and interval of the first.
These will breed in turn, for <N> generations.

Placing the idea in this form will make it clear what you want.
If what I have seen so far is correct, I could make your idea.
I have other projects, but you can make your idea.
It might be a good way to to a CRPL tutorial, in depth, if there's ever enough time/effort available from other commitments.
I encourage you to attempt it yourself in CRPL. You may be surprised.

Another guess at function:
1) The map contains "inert Nullifiers", some "Null Generators", and possibly a "Null Forge". Nullifiers are disabled (no tech).

2) The player powers the "Null Generators", with ordinary ammo packets, with the "Null Generator" making "Null Packets". These travel either to the "Null Forge" for distribution, or directly to the nearest "inert Nullifier".

3) When an "inert Nullifier" finishes charging, it will move (fly?) to a certain Emitter/Tower/Nest and destroy it.

4) When all enemies are dead, victory is declared.

If so, it's still not that hard.

Much of the scripting exists, for things like the Sleeper Creeps, the AoO Factory, and others I haven't yet encountered in CS.

Builder17

QuoteFactory makes Nullifier-analog units, which sit on it as they charge. They then travel to an Emitter, and destroy it on arrival.

Sounds best way to do it to me , but when Nullifier-analog has creeper under it , it should lose HP , else these things could be OP.

GoodMorning

Well, any of these forms will work. Currently, I'm trying to work out exactly what is being suggested.

As long as we don't need to follow the network, it doesn't look too hard.

The factory is a workable one, but it's a bit clunky. I prefer the idea of scattered Nullifier-analogs, with one or more Null-generators, which possibly break, a Null-Forge, etc. The analogs could be buried under Creeper at the start, so you must find them, charge them and then they will only target a predefined enemy.

I would say, though, that anything we imagine can be built. Witness: The Sleeper.

Shockblast DX

OK, I guess you got me there, but like I said, there's a lot more to explain. One thing I would like is floating terrain. Another is the return of survivor units. Even special abilities on the Command Node (to be called something else when is comes up) that you can't collect from the world. So many things that I would love to see in a custom Creeper World map, probably not going to happen.

So if you manage to put all of those in a map, come and talk to me.

If you can't, too bad.

GoodMorning

You seem to have a lot of ideas. I would say that the PaC maps prove that almost anything is possible, but these seem extensive enough that you would want another game to do them.

If you look at the recently uploaded CW3:Abraxis maps, you will find survival pods. The PaC menu could possibly be modified to emulate the generic unit selection. The CN could be emulated, and linked to this. So, then, could all player units.

The two hardest bits would be Energy and Runners. Energy and networking, as discussed earlier, and Runners wouldn't stun these units.

The custom behaviour can then be added. (The largest issue that I don't see a workaround for is the custom image limit, so your graphics wouldn't be as fancy.)

The floating terrain could be achieved by allowing these custom units to settle on it. It would be hard to do the pathfinding, but we've got the tools.

On a more minimalist note, CRPL is "Turing Complete", meaning that you can run anything, up to and including a virtual machine, if you so choose, and have the time to make it. This could run CW, running a VM, running...

The great leveler of all hopes in this area is lag.