CW3 : Abraxis CRPL units

Started by Builder17, March 05, 2016, 06:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Builder17

Does CRPL unit in level Override uses SetCreeper and GetCreeper to move creeper from A to B?

Edit:Why it moves also AC from A to B?

Vanguard

Well, it´s certainly within the limits of get/set to loop through an area and transport creeper from A to B.

Checking level resources / scripts: http://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:examine_map_resources

Get Creeper just gives back a positive or negative number representing C/AC. With Setcreeper you either put a positive or negative number, representig C/AC. So, setcreeper is perfectly able to move AC as well as C.

Builder17

CW3: Abraxis is web game , that's not possible  check scripts from these. :(
But this is now answered.  :)

Vanguard

AH, my bad. I didn´t even knew about the Abraxis thing / maybe forgot. But yeah, ok, glad it helped.

GoodMorning

The CW3:A saves are locally stored, so could you clone them in for inspection by the wiki instructions?

I don't recall which map Override was, but if it was the one with the conveyors, then there is a strange method of making the Creeper on the conveyors invincible/untargetable. The instant movement of Creeper from A to B could easily be accomplished with get- and setCreeper.

The conveyors work strangely because they appear to exist "floating", but have Creeper on top of them, that is fired past, and not into, nor shot at when no other C is present. The fact that the C shows "depth" would argue for the Creeper not being graphical trickery, but the "graphic only" version makes sense... Having a set of C stores, and showing a picture for each, changing image dependent upon level... Picking up, with Get/SetCreeper, and dumping at the other end after a short interval.

There's an idea... but I digress.

Did that assist?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Builder17

These saves are unity web player saves , needs knowledge to convert these into CW3 save files. Or maybe that's not possible at all?
UPP files.

knucracker

Here's one step easier.  Attached are projects with scripts already extracted for all of the CW3 Abraxis missions.

Builder17

Only one step?  :o
Ty , virgil.  :)

GoodMorning

Thank you.

(This kind of thing is part of what makes CW great.)

I had a question about the last mission: How is the Creeper kept off the walls of those small "cells"? Fields would seem to have different behavior. (I ask here because that mission is not in the zip.)

So, that Creeper on the conveyor belt is graphical only. Perhaps this will be useful in future...

knucracker

Whoops... I left out the final mission in that zip above.  I've update the zip to include it now.  Go back up a couple posts and download it again and mission11 should be there.

GoodMorning

A sincere thanks. It's good of you to go out of your way to do this.

Vanguard

Quote from: GoodMorning on March 09, 2016, 05:28:12 PM

I had a question about the last mission: How is the Creeper kept off the walls of those small "cells"?
My money is riding on: https://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:docs:setterrainoverride - if you want to keep creeper out, accept no substitute!

GoodMorning

Checked in the CRPL: It's set up so that at map start, all height 10 terrain gets SetTerrainOverride -ed up to about 2K.

Miczu555[PL]

It's missing all of custom images.jpg :v !!!

GoodMorning

I'm sure that you can draw something.

Mostly they're just stock images, some with scale/colouring changed. The conveyor is the major one.

Edit: "I" (or possibly "O", can't recall) extracts custom images from a map.