Custom Map #3099: Alteration. By: PLAYER

Started by AutoPost, January 25, 2016, 11:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #3099: Alteration

Author: PLAYER
Size: 200x150

Desc:
This world is altered. You will have nightmares of this map! Thanks all who helped with this map! #ReversePAC #RegenEmitters

TLFP

This map is so I can celebrate my full membership!
And as promised, here are the scripts!
Thinking of you Sorrontis!
Currently ghosting, don't mind me.
Christian, my list of various content creation groups can be found here

RrR

Interesting idea, but with the Thor and a couple of dozen straffers, the creeper had no chance. None of the PZ were allowed to regenerate. Without Thor, limited air power and  some energy limitations and this could have been very hard

TLFP

I had to add the thor in order to complete it! I should have limited the strafers but even with them I was hard pressed without the thor.  :)

Sorrontis

Thanks! I'm glad you decided to torture people just like I do! :D
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

TLFP

Quote from: Sorrontis on January 25, 2016, 02:32:12 PM
Thanks! I'm glad you decided to torture people just like I do! :D
Yeah, it's TORTURE to nullify a emitter and have it come right back! It's fun to know what will happen but your victims don't.

Sorrontis

I feel a little bit of resentment there ...  :-[

I'm in the process of making my next map. No special emitters, just a nice puzzle and quick reaction map.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

TLFP

Quote from: Sorrontis on January 25, 2016, 02:46:51 PM
I feel a little bit of resentment there ...  :-[

I'm in the process of making my next map. No special emitters, just a nice puzzle and quick reaction map.
I love puzzles!  :D Except when they are super tough!  ;)

Johnny Haywire

QuoteI had to add the thor in order to complete it! I should have limited the strafers but even with them I was hard pressed without the thor. 

Actually, it was pretty easy without any strafers at all. Berthas on a PZ are 6x as effective as a normal bertha (3 shots, fire 2x as fast). AC slows down digi growth and makes stuff easier to kill. Toss in a few mortars & blasters and you're done.

I'd say you could limit it to 15 blasters, 5 mortars, no thor, no strafers or bombers... or you could add maybe 5 strafers if you limit berthas to 1 or 2. Just a thought.  ;D

Spoiler
Fly a blaster over an emitter, set it to "digi" and hover it over the emitter until you nullify it. Land it and you should secure the PZ
[close]

Great map and pretty cool idea of doing a kinda PAC in reverse!  :D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Builder17

This enemy doesn't use anything like fields or adding more digitalis growth in PAC.

TLFP

Quote from: Builder17 on January 26, 2016, 08:37:11 AM
This enemy doesn't use anything like fields or adding more digitalis growth in PAC.
If I added that, every time you had a level of creeper you'd have permanent digitalis track so I didn't implement that. I took some of the unit limits and am in the process of making an insane mode of this level!