Stuck on Vapen

Started by MeTheGuy12, December 31, 2015, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeTheGuy12

I'm stuck on Vapen and can't get past it.

Also I learned that cannons can't do everything. :(
Don't call me meth guy

I don't have meth

pablo2007

You must create a 3 shields on start and sprayer on middle shield
Kraken everywhere!

Grayzzur

I terp a wall and use mortars to hold the creeper back while building up a base and economy. It takes a few cannons and a sprayer or two to hold things back long enough to build the initial wall. It's a little tight, but once it's up, you can hold things back with a few mortars and prepare your economy and offense.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Kharnellius

This guy places his collectors too close to each other and covers some of his ore deposits for some reason (instead of mining them) and yet still manages to win.

Don't have to be perfect to win this map.

fanstar1

cannons and mortars are perfectly sufficient

PartyFlava

I'm playing this map now. I'm not exactly the best at this game however I seem to be off to an OK, if slow, start. I failed a few times initially and found that a working strategy is to start small instead of trying to aggressively reach the shield line right off the bat:

Spoiler

Evolving to:

[close]

Dunno if that inspires you.

My intent is to just slowly push forward. This map's a bitch but a ton of fun so far.

Ore upgrades in the forge have been the most effective for that setup, initially.

fanstar1

Quote from: PartyFlava on March 04, 2017, 01:16:29 PM
I'm playing this map now. I'm not exactly the best at this game however I seem to be off to an OK, if slow, start. I failed a few times initially and found that a working strategy is to start small instead of trying to aggressively reach the shield line right off the bat:

Spoiler

Evolving to:

[close]

Dunno if that inspires you.

My intent is to just slowly push forward. This map's a bitch but a ton of fun so far.

Ore upgrades in the forge have been the most effective for that setup, initially.
once the special towers are cleared of creeper, it is essentially over.

MrJellyLiker

I also were making a wall like Grayzzur as i remember

Chroma

Dropping all of the orbital hubs is handy early on as the appear to generate 1.5 power each.

sakimatex

Quote from: pablo2007 on January 02, 2016, 11:35:07 AM
You must create a 3 shields on start and sprayer on middle shield

Man I was stuck on this until I tried this strat