Can't get past first mission (Bug)

Started by Gix10000, December 27, 2015, 07:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gix10000

So after I got the game working earlier (prior issues in this thread: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=19821.0 )
I started the campaign and had the standard intro blurb, up until being told to deploy on 'Tempus' where I would get further instructions.

It seems like this isn't working right, because I don't get any instructions on the ground, and having followed some guides to play and completing the level, there's no 'Key' to access the next planet.

As best I can tell from youtube videos, Tempus doesn't even lead to the correct map, and it certainly didn't feel like a beginner map.
I've attached a screenshot of the map I dropped onto, and this is what I was able to find as the correct map?

Any ideas?

knucracker

The game needs to be able to read and write to:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\creeperworld3\

Check if this directory exists and if so rename it while the game is not running.  When you start the game up it will create the directory again and populate it correctly.  If it does not, then try running the game (or the steam client if you are starting from there) as administrator.

The "wrong mission" thing you are seeing can result from not having proper read or write permissions on that directory.

Gix10000

Yes!

Administrator worked, thank-you.

Hopefully that's the last of my problems, the game is great fun! (when it's working)