Custom Map #2272: Tilt!. By: warren

Started by AutoPost, July 04, 2015, 11:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2272: Tilt!

Author: warren
Size: 72x72

Desc:
Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. No more so than here in this harrowing balancing act. The creeper will mirror your every act. #CRPL PS: visit the knucklecracker forum to join the community.

Peter R

Nice map and nice script.
Unfortenately, I can't manage to build up.
I tried about 8 times to start over.
Creeper wins this time.  :(

iwishforpie2

"will mimic what you do"

>builds 2 things

>builds what 3 pulse cannons would have to get the job done
What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.

warren

I suggest divide and conquer. Once some of your units are free, the map gets easier. Although it still takes a lot to prepare the final invasion. Also, the dps of mortars is much higher than blasters. Try one and play defensively.

There is a glitch where sometimes areas become unbuildable. Saving and loading fixes this.

Or you could treat it like a puzzle. Congratulations AlterOld.

radd

Nice puzzle!

Figured out a trick to do it under 3 minutes. Obviously Alter Old found a better trick!

warren

I know how AlterOld did it. I am considering making a new map with this script with the express purpose of eliminating fast victories. However, this slightly harder variant would doubtless get a low score and entertain few.

It is mildly disappointing to know that you carefully created a twenty minute experience, only to realize you left a hole that allows some to bypass nearly the whole thing. Now they didn't get to enjoy the whole thing.

RrR

Half the fun is looking for gaps to exploit.

Alter Old

warren
Twenty minutes? Just? You must present with your experience, how many time leaves on that, even to find out possibility to pass a map not on a scenario, not speaking about careful calculations for the sake of the best result (the last improvement on 0.5 seconds occupied about hour). And your map, by the way, was extremely interesting exactly from one feature, that you, probably, consider as the annoying miss. Vainly.

Thank you for an interesting map.

Quote from: RrR
Half the fun is looking for gaps to exploit.

Exactly.
As usual, forgive for my English.

GoodMorning

I just encountered this map. Well done.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.