Really stuck on S200_74 Furham

Started by hbarudi, May 09, 2015, 07:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbarudi

creeper color is purple

Having serious difficulty with this map, doesn't work trying terp a wall strategy and can't support 2 mortars which is the minimum necessary to survive, then comes the phantoms that drop creeper on the reactors, also need the terp for squeezing in reactors.

hbarudi

Tried to follow what they are doing, but still very difficult.
4 mortars appear to defend me fine, but then even with 9 reactors, I wasn't able to defend against more than the very first wave of phantoms, they put creeper on my CN that kills my mortars and evaporates extremely slowly enough for mortars to die, then I lose.
Any ideas on how to live more than a few minutes?

Karsten75

Quote from: hbarudi on May 14, 2015, 05:00:11 AM
Tried to follow what they are doing, but still very difficult.

Many maps in Tormented Space are difficult. That's the way the cookie crumbles. It's where the pros come to fail.

Evil Roc

I'm myself exploring some other systems slowly when I have time, I can't try it out myself sadly...

Despwing

Finally I accomplished to beat Furham, but it was pretty hard.

Without explaining too much in addition to the screenshots, a few hints:

- Terp on height 10 in the very beginning. I did it square by square while being very close to get flooded.
- 4 mortars will prevent creeper from swapping over the wall - at least most of the times. After ~13 min, you'll need 5.
- Build 1 cannon to clear creeper coming in anyway. All my attempts without doing so failed.
- You need 2 fully loaded beams to fight 3 spores, 3 to fight 7, 4 to fight 10 and 5 to fight 14.
- During spore attacks, stop resupply of mortars as soon as the first beam starts to shoot. When the spores are destroyed, immediately stop supply of the beams, resupply the mortars and reload the beams one by one.
- The turning point is after around some 11m30, when you have to fight 10 spores. 4 beams have to be fully loaded and don't forget to turn off supplies of all mortars while the beams attack. After that, it will stay tough, but manageable.

hbarudi

I actually did complete this map a while ago, but thanks for the walkthrough.

The terp is always needed in tormented space for walls to mortar over.