Question about copy's of game sold.

Started by thejoe66, March 21, 2015, 02:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejoe66

A long time ago I asked how successful CW3 was in terms of copy's sold. V said that he couldn't say because of NDA's. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=15835.msg115942#msg115942 If this is true then why was this site http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/steam-gauge-measuring-the-most-popular-steam-games-of-2014/3/ able to tell us how many copy's of games are owned on steam? Now I don't much about how NDA's would work in this situation so please educate me. Also good job selling so many copy's of the game IMO that's a big accomplishment to sell that many copy's.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

knucracker

NDA's bind the organizations that sign them.  Ars likely didn't sign the NDA I did (or any NDA with Valve).  I can say that Ars's deduction of sales which is now public info is not 100% accurate, but it is really close.
Also note that they deduce units sold... not how they were sold.  So bundles, give-aways, sale events, etc.... all of that can drive up unit numbers for one title or the other.

But yeah, I'm pleased with the results but still want to do better.  My master plan to one day acquire EA is a long journey.... :)

mzimmer74

Quote from: virgilw on March 22, 2015, 10:17:17 AM
My master plan to one day acquire EA is a long journey.... :)

That gave me a good laugh!  I suspect the company would be MUCH better under your hands! :)  Keep making games and I for one will keep buying them, especially with that end goal.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

thejoe66

Thanks for explaining that. I sure you will do better ,and I hope you do. I can see your master plan being successful already, the world of video games owned by you. It would be a paradise.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion