Custom Map #1737: Nuhage N#64. By: Nuhages

Started by AutoPost, February 16, 2015, 11:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1737: Nuhage N#64

Author: Nuhages
Size: 121x121

Desc:
Play as Creeper Map N#11 Have Fun. Feel Free To Rate and comment on Forum. Credits For PaC coding goes to stewbasic, stdout , teknotiss and Hubs. All you need for building a Pac map is on the Forum. #PAC

D0m0nik

Really great map. Some of the maps where you need to rely on the field tool can feel like a bit of a slog. Not this one, really well thought out and great fun to play throughout. Nice work
Spoiler
The map layout suggested the strategy early, surround the base and then close in, but having said that it was not straight forward and still needed some thought
[close]

stdout

It was an interesting puzzle at the end.

Spoiler
In the center destroy all the outer units then pull back and force Abraxis to do a huge rebuild operation, completely draining all his power. Then pick a corner and push toward a starved cannon for a quick victory.
[close]

Flash1225

Think I broke the map. Got over to the AC emitter corner, and destroyed one of the two bombers. Now it's not deploying. Shouldn't the PAC script have a way to fix that?
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

RrR

Bombers & straffers have always rebuilt but never re-deployed in PAC maps. Normally it is not a big deal as once you can destroy it once you can either cover the area with digitalis, or destroy again. If does give tactical options if you have enough resources to destroy a unit but not enough to hold the ground.

Hubs

Loren Pechtel

mzimmer74

I really enjoyed that map.  I hadn't read the comments so had to figure out the tip from stdout on my own.  I can't image beating this map without doing that.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

thrynae

I'm currently playing the PAC maps from old to new, so that's why I'm here  ;)

Spoiler
I used the strategy of stdout to starve and then destroy a PZ canon (took me loads of time on 4x), but then I couldn't get digi on there. So then I destroyed the mortar and attacked the canon one corner up. Lacking the support of its kin, I now could get digi on there to finish it in the terrible time of over 2 hours.
[close]

Quite a challenge to get the middle ground here..